Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wish i could get that kinda mileage.... im lucky to get 200miles out of a whole tank!!!!! i havent really driven her though since brian, bshell, did the retune for me. im sure it hasnt improved too much, maybe 220miles out of a tank will be good.... for me atleast.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
i wish i could get that kinda mileage.... im lucky to get 200miles out of a whole tank!!!!! i havent really driven her though since brian, bshell, did the retune for me. im sure it hasnt improved too much, maybe 220miles out of a tank will be good.... for me atleast.

h aha LOL

I hear ya Sean..... 150-175 for a 1/2 tank is awsome......
If thats city driving thats awsome still.... i get about 5mpg in the city and maybe 8 on the freeway....
1/2 tank every three days was getting old LOL
Old 08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
like i said earlier, i plan on rolling out NLT 8:00 in the morning, so be at bass pro early if u wanna roll. Believe me guys, u dont want to miss this, its a powerful experience and a video is made of the cruise each year and put on DVD.

Hi, im new here and haven't got a chance to meet you guys yet. But i can come out and play on the 8th. stock 01 WS6

I just gotta go get a flag to put up.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have to get 1/2 a tank every Sat. when we go to BPS.... and i only live maybe 10-12 min away. BULLSHIT!!! who cares, its the price you pay to play i guess.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Sean, still good for Sunday? Im going to try and go out tonight and get the passenger head torqued down if i have time..the driver side was being a pain since the header is still there...

oh yea, fockers, my bday is on Monday!!! woohoo
Old 08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what time are you wanting to start??
Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

in the am....

i want/need to have it done. heads are on, we need to torque them down, do the power steering pump, water pump, put on intake, and fill radiator. and connect all the misc hoses, connectors that go with all that..
Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

I can set it up to squeeze some better mileage out of it if you want. I just didn't want to tie the car up too long for you. Keep in mind that I had to keep the full throttle on the rich side off the bottle due to the 99 pcm. The 3.73s and heavy drivetrain aren't helping either.

I'm able to get 19-20 mpg on the hwy, but it drops to 13-14 in town because I run it rich under low load and low rpms to limit the amount of bucking from the cam. With my mixture of city / hwy driving I'm usually able to get 200 miles or so before I fill up (I always fill up before dropping below 1/4 tank).

Let me know when you plan on running the car at the track next...I'd like to ride out to do some datalogging with the bottle full.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
in the am....

i want/need to have it done. heads are on, we need to torque them down, do the power steering pump, water pump, put on intake, and fill radiator. and connect all the misc hoses, connectors that go with all that..
am wont work bro.... i have to be in greensville, north carolina with dj in the morning and then let shawn n head look at the srt so they can make my exhaust and hard pipes.... after that im free though.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bshell
I can set it up to squeeze some better mileage out of it if you want. I just didn't want to tie the car up too long for you. Keep in mind that I had to keep the full throttle on the rich side off the bottle due to the 99 pcm. The 3.73s and heavy drivetrain aren't helping either.

I'm able to get 19-20 mpg on the hwy, but it drops to 13-14 in town because I run it rich under low load and low rpms to limit the amount of bucking from the cam. With my mixture of city / hwy driving I'm usually able to get 200 miles or so before I fill up (I always fill up before dropping below 1/4 tank).

Let me know when you plan on running the car at the track next...I'd like to ride out to do some datalogging with the bottle full.
you know im down for that. i think the fuel filter might have alil to do with that also.... i still need to put that in. definetly kno the gears and full spool 12 bolt dont help. and now it being speed density tuned isnt a help either.... hey, like i said earlier, its the price you pay to play. she aint a daily driver anyway.... track cars arent suppose to get good gas mileage anyways, right?

i would like to get some track time before shawn n head put the new setup on.... hopefully sometime in september i will go and get you to tag along and be my "crew member". got to get by there to get the bottle filled first....

what did you say it would cost for you to change the computer over to the 02 year pcm????
Old 08-24-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Are you talking about the track rental that TWR is putting together? I may want to run mine too (if I can get a clutch in by then). You have a pm.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was just talking about taking a sunday to go to MIR.... you know make a day out of it, but when are they having the track rental? its hard for me to get a saturday off, so that will most likely be out of the question if its on that day.... but other then that im down. where do you sign up at?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

am wont work bro.... i have to be in greensville, north carolina with dj in the morning and then let shawn n head look at the srt so they can make my exhaust and hard pipes.... after that im free though.
so what exactly are you good for then? i distinctly remember helping you, casey, kyle...as a matter of fact, ive helped everyone whenever something needed to be done...
Old 08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you didnt help me though when i had to get the rear end done. you were still here for that. ive helped you multiple times on your exhaust, changing the plugs, putting the nitrous system in the car, taking you to the parts store multiple times in my car to get your parts. dont act like ive never been there for you buddy....

besides, i told you i could help, but there are other things that i need to take care of first.... me n dj have already planned this trip for alil bit. and its the only day i can get shawn n head to look at the srt, so....

i cant speak for casey, and frankly dont choose to either. kyle, he has been out of town so much and with ashley almost ready to pop with the baby.... thats between you two though.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Humm, guess I shouldn't complain about 250 on a tank full with SD tune and 85lb injectors. That is being playful with the throttle
Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i only have 42lb injectors!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Chris im on Duty today and will be until 10am tomorrow and then i still have to stay here to drive some ammo in the morning so it wont be till about noon till im done...
Then im headed over to VA Speed to do some welding.
Going to try and get my chute cable ran, and start on the bracket for my chute mount.
Then prob head home around 4pm and go to Bass Pro.
It will be my 1st one in 6 weeks LOL
The usually i have to clean house on Sunday and mow the Yard.
Ill see if i can come over and help ya. Maybe for a lil bit in the morning.

Be out at bass Pro and ill talk with ya about it....
Once the heads are on it shouldnt take more then an Hr and a half to get all of the other stuff on.

Your using the correct TQ sequence on the heads right??

Kyle
Old 08-24-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is this the rentaLl @ VMP??? in Sept???
Dates and Cost???
I guess ill head over to tidewater and look.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

7 more T&Ts on Sundays at MIR this year.... we need to get Shawn n Head n Brian, once his clutch is in, and maybe if your car is done kyle, to go up there with the cars and get some passes....
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah at least theres and yours to go before it goes down to get a baseline.

Mine im in no hurry really. I figure around OCT some time....
Then if it does what we want it to then it will come back down for the 25.5 Cage..

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...