Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
yea, its a noticeable difference. the guy i bought it from has a stg2 wastegate, which isnt as good as the agp and before i put the wastegate on mine we raced he pulled on me hard as ****. now that i have the wastegate on, i have instant boost, im not pcm controlled either now, so i dont have to wait for the computer to build boost. the stock one only lets you hit 6psi in first to help with wheel spin, the agp spikes as high as you want, 18psi for now. the stock one also starts to bleed off at 4psi, which the agp doesnt until i think around 16psi or so.... 40mph in 2nd gear, which is only around 3200rpms or so.... punch it and you instantly burn the tires.

Sounds like ya need to line them up again on sat...... Ill drive the Neon and you bring the SS Buddy
Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

holy hell sean, so u have a badass sounding daily driver too huh!? Ive never seen this little neon of yours. I was under the impression that it was just a stock daily driver but sounds like an ?????.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Sounds like ya need to line them up again on sat...... Ill drive the Neon and you bring the SS Buddy
waste of gas for the SS, no where near the SS standards.... on motor alone. i will hopefully have the SS this weekend though.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
holy hell sean, so u have a badass sounding daily driver too huh!? Ive never seen this little neon of yours. I was under the impression that it was just a stock daily driver but sounds like an ?????.
i have a 01 Pewter Neon SE M5 as my daily driver, great gas mileage.... 39mpg!!! only has a $15 Ebay Intake, haha!! the all motor B18 killa!!
i just bought a 05 Orange Blast ???? for my fun weekend car.... just installed my agp wga and hopefully by the end of the month, i have a full exhaust and hard pipes for the hot and cold side.... no boost leaks!!
i still have the 99 SS M6, but she doesnt need to be driven as much anymore, especially with the new mods coming soon.... right now im only getting at best 14 to 15 mpg, cant wait to see what she'll do with even more power!!! the full spool kills my Mickey Thompsons.... and i want to keep her low mileage right where its at, LOW!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:23 AM
12 Second Club

i have a 01 Pewter Neon SE M5 as my daily driver, great gas mileage.... 39mpg!!! only has a $15 Ebay Intake, haha!! the all motor B18 killa!!
i just bought a 05 Orange Blast ???? for my fun weekend car.... just installed my agp wga and hopefully by the end of the month, i have a full exhaust and hard pipes for the hot and cold side.... no boost leaks!!
i still have the 99 SS M6, but she doesnt need to be driven as much anymore, especially with the new mods coming soon.... right now im only getting at best 14 to 15 mpg, cant wait to see what she'll do with even more power!!! the full spool kills my Mickey Thompsons.... and i want to keep her low mileage right where its at, LOW!

B18 killa huh? Well, I have a B18 Teg sean, we should should race sometime.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:27 AM
12 Second Club

I have somemore go-fast stuff too.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

As long as people dont start talking trash with 16 sec longbed chevy's I'll be ok... my blood pressure started climbing...
Old 08-21-2007, 06:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
As long as people dont start talking trash with 16 sec longbed chevy's I'll be ok... my blood pressure started climbing...
silveradslow
Old 08-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by KONG
silveradslow

you aint jokin...

so Darren, whats the info on the Ride for Pride you are heading up?? I know its in early Sept (the 8th or 9th right??) do you have anything else as far as times, location, registration etc etc...
Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

you aint jokin...

so Darren, whats the info on the Ride for Pride you are heading up?? I know its in early Sept (the 8th or 9th right??) do you have anything else as far as times, location, registration etc etc...

Well, actually Ben, as far as the RFP, thier is no registration necassary and i want to meet those who are interested in going, at bass pro shop NLT 8:00. Also, it is on Saterday, Sept. 8th. I know how to get to the location but forgot the name of the park, so ill get that and anything else that u might want to know.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:54 AM
12 Second Club

The following is cut and pasted directly from the f-bodyhideout website which was my old crew. Cory is heading it up and u can send him a pm on tech, his name is cory on here!

So, on with the details.

When: Saturday, September 8, 2007.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va.
http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/cameronrun/index.php

Directions to the staging area: From I 95 North and South, take Exit 174, you will be put onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector. Make a right turn onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours.

Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North. We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take Exit 8B, heading to the Pentagon. We will take the exit for the Pentagon North Parking, and finish the cruise there.

Afterward: I hope to have a place to eat/relax/chat/etc. lined up for us.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE. RFP had it's first accident last year, lets not have a repeat.

Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

Please be sure you have enough fuel for the cruise. There is a gas station not too far, and I will give directions to any who ask.

This year's cruise has alot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Lets come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day. Lets come together and show that we support our servicemen/women. Lets come together and show that the 'American-Car-Enthusiast' is more than just that!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

like i said earlier, i plan on rolling out NLT 8:00 in the morning, so be at bass pro early if u wanna roll. Believe me guys, u dont want to miss this, its a powerful experience and a video is made of the cruise each year and put on DVD.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

you aint jokin...

Just kiddin' man.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Darren, Would you mind posting this up in the Eastern section on performancetrucks.net if those guys are invited as well.... I know you said it was cool if I went but I dont know how crazy they'd be about a bunch of goofy, loud trucks come stinkin up the place. LOL... if they are welcome to join in, go post it up, or let me know and I'll inform them.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Ben, if u want u can just cut and paste this page on performance trucks.net. I would like to keep it to mostly f-bodies, but it seems know one around here ever takes meets seriously, so i have a feeling it will just be me and u again, which sucks because u guys have know idea how big this event has become and how moving it really is. Its more than just a cool cruise, its to remember our fellow amaricans who died that sad day in history and to remeber those who still fight to prevent it from happening again. I would expect a better reaction from this particular area, considering alot of us around here are either in the military or were or know people who are. Anyway, rant over, below Ben, i quoted an excert from cory's post, pay attention to the part i made bold, that should answer ur question!

Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."
Old 08-21-2007, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

hey ben, on a lighter note, how are those custom stickers comin for me u and skylar, u know, the "tiny" ones?!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I'll throw it over there too bro. I dont honestly think but a couplee trucks would come out if any. Its harder to get them to come out to anything than it is Fbody guys it seems LOL... I'll put the word out and see how it goes.

-I sens ray an emai lon those stickers... havent heard back
Old 08-22-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KONG
B18 killa huh? Well, I have a B18 Teg sean, we should should race sometime.
we should.... now i said all motor b18, so that means no juice
Old 08-22-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
, but it seems know one around here ever takes meets seriously, so i have a feeling it will just be me and u again, which sucks because u guys have know idea how big this event has become and how moving it really is.
i wish i could man, but it is really hard for me to get a saturday off. they dont even like it when i try to switch my day off for a saturday. if we could someway make meets on sundays, it would work out great! i guess we will have to see....
Old 08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

i wish i could man, but it is really hard for me to get a saturday off. they dont even like it when i try to switch my day off for a saturday. if we could someway make meets on sundays, it would work out great! i guess we will have to see....
can i get some help this Sunday, Sean? motor is only halfway put together...

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...