Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Hummm, racing on that 10 bolt that far from home???? You are a very brave soul. I hope you have AAA. So you can get it out of DC/NoVA, then it will only cost you fuel to get it home next week. The friend you know with a trailer and truck to get it back here does NOT drive past Fburg.
LOL!!! You trying to wish bad luck on me?? My best bud lives in MD he is the one with the z28 I told you about.. Well he has a spare car for me to ride if it breaks.. then comes the 9" I am sure rachel will love that .. Or I take my chances either way I have got to get my shoes wet some how..
Old 08-30-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KONG
Your only 20 yrs. old????!!!!???

I know right... doesnt he look 30... LOL
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KONG
No, I get tired of filling bottles. I picked up a piping kit for 125 bucks and a rebuilt T3/T4 .50 Trim for 275 bucks. I have a friend with a solid starion intercooler that I am going to weld different end tanks on. The intercooler was free. It is decent, should flow enough air for 300whp. Not expecting anymore than that. Stock motor should handle 8-10 psi pretty well. A neighbor has 370cc RC injectors I might pick up, depends on the price. Just trying to find a turbo manifold now that will allow me to keep my A/C. Dont want it to be STUPID, its still my DD. I'll keep you updated.
Yeah check what i am going to be biding on!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Showr...QQcmdZViewItem
I alreedy have the eaton and ecu waiting at the house we will have to get the dd's together for a little
Old 08-31-2007, 06:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grandsport1963
LOL!!! You trying to wish bad luck on me?? My best bud lives in MD he is the one with the z28 I told you about.. Well he has a spare car for me to ride if it breaks.. then comes the 9" I am sure rachel will love that .. Or I take my chances either way I have got to get my shoes wet some how..
Why a 9 inch??? Takes more power to turn it and I doubt even on the spray that you will hurt a 12 bolt, I never hurt never 12 bolt when I was running 500lbft of TQ and it was a track ****. I'll send you pic of me abusing a set of MT DR's that I screwed to the rim. I guess the true test will be this fall with the new wheels/tires in the back to see just how much stress it will take.

Last edited by I1ULUZ; 08-31-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Why a 9 inch???
I love saying that when i list what ive done to my car supposing the ladies are around. "Yeah its got blah blah blah, a 9 inch, blah blah"
Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
I love saying that when i list what ive done to my car supposing the ladies are around. "Yeah its got blah blah blah, a 9 inch, blah blah"
Yea, I found a 1:18 scale model of a "Woody" wagon one time, showed the wife and noticed there were a couple of women around, so said LOOK HONEY I'M GOING TO GET A WOODY" When they spun around I showed them the car too They turned red when I asked them WHAT?!?!?! Don't you like "Woodys"? Took everything I had to act .

Maybe we should start a pool on how many passes GS gets out of that 10 bolt, I think it's going to be 3, first two times he'll go easy then think, humm, just a little bit more this time.........SNAP!!! AW ****!!!! I am sure he should have EOD standing by it's like playing with live ordnance with DR's on the car.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why a 9 inch??? Takes more power to turn it and I doubt even on the spray that you will hurt a 12 bolt, I never hurt never 12 bolt when I was running 500lbft of TQ and it was a track ****. I'll send you pic of me abusing a set of MT DR's that I screwed to the rim. I guess the true test will be this fall with the new wheels/tires in the back to see just how much stress it will take.
i have launched my car on spray before and i havent hurt my 12bolt yet.... done many 4-5k rpm launches.... only on the street, but my MT Drag Radials dead hook so....
Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I know right... doesnt he look 30... LOL
hey now.... lets be nice. you and Lee are just mad because you guys dont have the 5 o'clock shadow....
Old 08-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

So I have had my car for what maybe 2 months now.. I have been under it a hand full of time's on jack stans. so yesterday I got a break from the wife and took over to ***'s hobby shop to change the oil ect... So i put it up on the lift for the frist time and did a super big inspect on everything.. It is all good till i get to the tranny cross member HOLLY ****!!!! Only Pic's can describe the madness It look's like some one has cut that thing a part five times and had a 2yr old weld it back together!!! I will take pic's and post a little later.. I1ULUZ wait till you see this ****. I have to fix it before any hard pass is done on the car that is forsure. other then that everything looks's ok except for maybe the welds on the sub frame's they could be a little cleaner..
Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Yea, I found a 1:18 scale model of a "Woody" wagon one time, showed the wife and noticed there were a couple of women around, so said LOOK HONEY I'M GOING TO GET A WOODY" When they spun around I showed them the car too They turned red when I asked them WHAT?!?!?! Don't you like "Woodys"? Took everything I had to act .

Maybe we should start a pool on how many passes GS gets out of that 10 bolt, I think it's going to be 3, first two times he'll go easy then think, humm, just a little bit more this time.........SNAP!!! AW ****!!!! I am sure he should have EOD standing by it's like playing with live ordnance with DR's on the car.
I Tell you what I bet I could get 3 good pass's on Dr's with a 25 to 3 launch.. maybe I am getting ahead of my self but I love a
Old 08-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

So I have had my car for what maybe 2 months now.. I have been under it a hand full of time's on jack stans. so yesterday I got a break from the wife and took over to ***'s hobby shop to change the oil ect... So i put it up on the lift for the frist time and did a super big inspect on everything.. It is all good till i get to the tranny cross member HOLLY ****!!!! Only Pic's can describe the madness It look's like some one has cut that thing a part five times and had a 2yr old weld it back together!!! I will take pic's and post a little later.. I1ULUZ wait till you see this ****. I have to fix it before any hard pass is done on the car that is forsure. other then that everything looks's ok except for maybe the welds on the sub frame's they could be a little cleaner..
Did you get my email? Maybe Saturday early afternoon bring it over and let's put it up in the air on my lift and see WTF is going on. If you order a aftermarket crossmember we can get it on before you hit the track next week, should not take very long to swap them out. I think I even have a spare poly mount up in the garage attic. I'll look for it next time I am up there.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

I Tell you what I bet I could get 3 good pass's on Dr's with a 25 to 3 launch.. maybe I am getting ahead of my self but I love a
You will get want to just get a little better time and that 10 bolt will be . Considering a stock LS1 will kill a 10 bolt your car will have no problem putting it in the graveyard. Just remember you want to buy a new set of backing plates when you order your new rear. I know a shop we can have it shipped to save you some money or we can pick it up with my truck from the freight dock.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

just shot you an e-mail
Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i am looking around right now for the cross member
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i am looking around right now for the cross member

Do you have an aftermarket TQ Arm already????

Why not spent the $$$ once and get one that takes the stress off the trans and munts it to the body and you might not have to worry about the crossbrace....
Old 08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Do you have an aftermarket TQ Arm already????

Why not spent the $$$ once and get one that takes the stress off the trans and munts it to the body and you might not have to worry about the crossbrace....
I have a tq arm... I also have the cross brace that connects both sub frames together.. is that what you are talking about? I have been on bmr website for the last hafe hour looking and i do not see the cross member for the t56 anyware all i see them for is the powerglide and th400 help anyone ??
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

I have a tq arm... I also have the cross brace that connects both sub frames together.. is that what you are talking about? I have been on bmr website for the last hafe hour looking and i do not see the cross member for the t56 anyware all i see them for is the powerglide and th400 help anyone ??
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=217

Part # 27-TCC006 $254.95

They might have a Labor Day sale going on. Check in the other forum.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

so i seemed to have lost the 2 of the bolts for the coolant crossover pipe under the intake...can i just get some bolts from autozone and call it a day? i have 2 of them, so i can match the thread/length...and should i put a lil gasket maker on the part that sits on the head since coolant is flowing through it?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
so i seemed to have lost the 2 of the bolts for the coolant crossover pipe under the intake...can i just get some bolts from autozone and call it a day? i have 2 of them, so i can match the thread/length...and should i put a lil gasket maker on the part that sits on the head since coolant is flowing through it?
Might be hard finding M6 x 1.0 ( I think is the size) bolts long enough, but they should have a cabinet behind the counter with more bolts than is just in the little packets on the isle.

I would dry the area and put a dab of RTV there just to be safe. The small gaskets are still there right?

If Autozone or Advance don't have bolts long enough, find a fastener place and they should have them, worst case Lowe's and Home Depot carry some Metric bolts too.

corrected the bolt size

Last edited by I1ULUZ; 08-31-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

m6x1x30 is what the bolt is i believe

from this post:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....6&postcount=15
LS1 rear coolant bolts (on back of heads) (HFH m6x1x30) = 11516425 (formerly 11514008)

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...