Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
You know dude if you dont like the price thats fine,dont be a dick about it.
If you knew how much time Brian puts into a tune and everything he does,plus the $40,000 in equipment it takes to do CORRECTLY you would see things a little differently.

Well, i havent posted in a couple of days, and it seems like people are coming out of the wood work to jump on my back! Listen thier twinturboz28, i dont know u from a whole in the wall so dont come at me like that! If u knew the whole story maybe U would see things diferently! i got upset because people around here have been constantly telling what to do with my car like i dont already know, acting like i just dont know how to mod my car, i just have more pressing things to deal with as far as money, i.e. buying a house and taking care of my son and getting ready for deployment, so for ME, $450 is to high of a price for a tune, while im well aware of the quality of the work as i am very very good friends with Brian and he HAS worked on my car in the past. Im not being a dick so dont assume **** about me!-rant over. Maybe u are right Kyle, maybe i should get a new hobby!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=217

Part # 27-TCC006 $254.95

They might have a Labor Day sale going on. Check in the other forum.
UMI Performance is better, has a driveshaft loop.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by grandsport1963
Yeah check what i am going to be biding on!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Showr...QQcmdZViewItem
I alreedy have the eaton and ecu waiting at the house we will have to get the dd's together for a little

Nice sleeper. Make sure the eaton is a GEN 5. They are more efficient and bigger. Check out IntenseRacing. They have a good selection of 3800 series II parts and upgrades. Keep the Maf Translator too, we can use it to put a LS1 MAF on the car once everything gets installed. The car will run a hell of alot better with that maf. Keep me updated.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
Well, i havent posted in a couple of days, and it seems like people are coming out of the wood work to jump on my back! Listen thier twinturboz28, i dont know u from a whole in the wall so dont come at me like that! If u knew the whole story maybe U would see things diferently! i got upset because people around here have been constantly telling what to do with my car like i dont already know, acting like i just dont know how to mod my car, i just have more pressing things to deal with as far as money, i.e. buying a house and taking care of my son and getting ready for deployment, so for ME, $450 is to high of a price for a tune, while im well aware of the quality of the work as i am very very good friends with Brian and he HAS worked on my car in the past. Im not being a dick so dont assume **** about me!-rant over. Maybe u are right Kyle, maybe i should get a new hobby!
this is shawn.... head guy at va speed.... he does know the whole story. you were at his shop for the dyno day buddy.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Darren, sorry for helping to get you pissy. Just putting in my .02. Calm down dude. Next time I see you....we'll just have to hug it out................queer.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im down for a big hug out with a few queers!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

ok, that doesent mean anything just because he is a Va speed guy. NO, he doesent know the whole story, and it sounds like he was just getting defensive because i was talking about his shop. No need to be defensive though, since as i said, for ME its to expensive, not saying most others arent aswell. So because my car was dynoed thier he knows my reasons for not wanting to pay that much? That doesent say anything, what, he has seen my car? He doesent know me. I by no means want to say anything bad about the shop or its employees since it seems like the quality of work is stellar! I really would like to end this scuffle, im sorry i offended u, but i have my reasons, and i did like ur shop when i went thier and dont want to burn any bridges as when i return from Iraq i might need ur experties.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Alright guys, im over this, im gonna stop pissin people off, just alittle more stressed lately with me leaving in October.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No one is pissed off man.... We have opinions, you didnt like them, thats all it is.... End of discussion. No biggie man.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
Alright guys, im over this, im gonna stop pissin people off, just alittle more stressed lately with me leaving in October.

I got defensive because you said it was stupid money for a tune.I would not have been that way if you would have expressed that it was more than you could afford or was willing to spend at this time.I just expressed what it takes and how much time it takes to do a good tune,that's all.No hard feelings.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^ hey shouldnt you guys be leaving soon???
Old 08-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

hugs??? can the fat kid get a hug?? LOL

I've made some bonehead moves with the truck too bro... I think everyone's just looking out for you in a way and making sure you dont end up with well over a G wrapped up in different tuners like I have. do it right the first time and get it over with... I really with I'd have dropped $500 first instead of $250 or $300 about 6 times...
Old 08-31-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^ as long as some is handing out reach arounds, then im down for anyone to join!!! too gay?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
^^^^ hey shouldnt you guys be leaving soon???

sHOULDNT YOU BE SELLING CARS lol :JEST:

Can another Fat guy get in on this Hugathon tomorrow....

Darren no hard feelings brother i was typing what i saw too.....

Ill talk with ya tomorrow..

Kyle
Old 08-31-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ No hugs for you Kyle. Last time we tried that you ended up trying to grab Jessica's ***!!!

P.S. I sold one already today too....
Old 08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey folks I am not sure if this is a little early for this but how does BPS look tomorrow for you all?

I didn't make it last week since I got home the night before from 5 weeks of vacation. I was welcomed home to a mountain of mail and a large tree in my front yard that had been damaged by lightning (memorial service is set for TUE). There goes $900 towards taking down a tree instead of moding the car.

I guess I will be there before 1800 since my daughter has to work till 1700 before she can get home to watch the 2 year old.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssgunny
Hey folks I am not sure if this is a little early for this but how does BPS look tomorrow for you all?

I didn't make it last week since I got home the night before from 5 weeks of vacation. I was welcomed home to a mountain of mail and a large tree in my front yard that had been damaged by lightning (memorial service is set for TUE). There goes $900 towards taking down a tree instead of moding the car.

I guess I will be there before 1800 since my daughter has to work till 1700 before she can get home to watch the 2 year old.
Wow, such nerve!!! Don't you see some of them melting down and others want to engage in gay sex and here you are talking about car stuff.

For $900 you could rent a chainsaw and wack it up then sit it by the curb for FREE firewood to save you the cost of hauling it away.

Are you going to bury the tree or cremation?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey its not gay sex.... as long as one of us out of the bunch doesnt enjoy it, then were okay....
Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Wow, such nerve!!! Don't you see some of them melting down and others want to engage in gay sex and here you are talking about car stuff.

For $900 you could rent a chainsaw and wack it up then sit it by the curb for FREE firewood to save you the cost of hauling it away.

Are you going to bury the tree or cremation?
I saw the fued and then the kiss and make up. I guess you all are all still in that mode since I didn't get an answer on BPS.

Well out of the 8 estemates I received for the tree that was the lowest (these guys are licensed and insured keep in mind). A coulple were in the $1700-$1800 range if you could believe that! The tree is about 70' tall and the base is over 3' in diameter so that exceeds my talents especially since it sits 20' from the house. If you want some wood off it and can climb help yourself. Whatever you damage you can reimburse me in parts. lol

Maybe I could soak the base in kerosene and light her up? Or I could wrap a chain around the tree and hook it to my 10 bolt and try yanking it out. It would give me a reason to upgrade the rear. OK that was stupid.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
hey its not gay sex.... as long as one of us out of the bunch doesnt enjoy it, then were okay....
Unless you were beat down and getting raped it is all gay.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...