Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8URF-BODY
You seem to have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to truck racing so answer me this, how come when it comes up I get an uncontrollable urge to yawn for an extended period of time.
That is how we feel about hearing about a Civic trying to race. Set out the sundial and wait to see how fast either one moves.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

You seem to have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to truck racing so answer me this, how come when it comes up I get an uncontrollable urge to yawn for an extended period of time.
how come when I see a kid in a 17sec civic who thinks he's fast I get an uncontrollable urge to laugh my *** off to the point of pulling over to the side of the road... we can go tit for tat all day long on this one man...

LS1Tech ---> <--- you

Edit: I am not sure if you completely realize the name of the site is LS1Tech yet... its not Vtec... see ya...

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 09-07-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
So I went to go start the Camaro up this morning to drive it to work to get the inspection updated.... and it wont start!!! The battery is completely drained.... It ran fine on Saturday and Sunday and nothing was left on when I parked on Sunday. I think I setup my bottle heater up wrong..... Thats the only thing I messed with that deals with a power source. Damnit me!!!
Did you put it on a 12v switched source????
Old 09-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by KONG
Did you put it on a 12v switched source????

thats how I ended up re-doing mine.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Score another point for you on knowing that my car was not made in this hemisphere, but what that has to do with anything you'll have to get back to me on.
it has everything to do with the fact you said my truck wasnt related to an Fbody in any way... but I made one simple statement saying it is.. it has everything to do with the fact that the same manufacturer built my truck as the Camaro, or Corvette, or Trans Am... It has everything to do with the fact that you are adding nothing to this thread or this website so why not just get out. You've already shot yourself in the foot with your very first post... so dont expect much of a differing reply.

Sure, there are plenty of members of this site who dont own Fbodies, but 99% of them dont show up here being asshats like you have done. If you want to be a member, sure, go ahead. But only if you want to learn or contribute something to the community. We (the people you are starting BS with) dont come to your import sites making random critical posts, so why do you? Nevermind, We label your type "ricers" for a reason, and you just reminded me of it.

So, once again I say, please just leave... I've had my laughs today, I dont think I can handle much more.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No, I put it on the Poisitve Terminal on the right side of the motor. You know the battery is on the Passenger side of the engine bay.... there is a terminal, or bolt, that has a red cap on it that says "Positive Terminal" I have a few other wires running to it, so I just used that for the heater.... Where else would i put it?

By the way.... I have the car at work now. I jumped it and brought it up here so I can charge the battery. On the way to work though, she didnt want to find an idle. And when I would let off the gas, the rpms would shoot up to 2k and stay there til I would come to a complete stop. Dont know where this is coming from though....
Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

I do appreciate your tact in telling me i'm not invited, alot nicer than some of the other fellas on this site, I believe someone even mentioned me an a crackpipe haha. And although I've got nothing against my tax dollars at work, I'm not a cop or any form of law enforcement for that matter. Buttttt, I hear mr. kno woke up to some car troubles this morning and if its not fixed by saturday night maybe you wouldn't mind me pinchhitting for him.
No hard feelings bro. Come by BPS and I'll go over your application.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
thats how I ended up re-doing mine.

That's the way it should be done.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
where did you get the power for the bottle heater from?
Its a ZEX bottle heater.... good deal on it, so I couldnt pass it up.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, Ben sent me a text message telling me to check out the ol hr thread cause he said it was getting pretty funny and wadyaknow, he is going back and forth with some ricey kid that says he will be able to video the runs this weekend from his rear window cause his **** is so fast!...............Must have V-TEC, or maybe even iV-TEC!!! U really did start off bad in this thread. The biggest problem being that most in this thread are a tight knit group who constantly post in this thread and have somewhat of a repour with each other, then u bring ur garbage out of knowhere, kind of asked for what u got! If u wanna test silver's 4500+ yacht out, then roll with me and him up to MIR on the 16th and he would be more than happy to "TOW" your ricey *** all the way down the track!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

looks like alot of us on here are either not at work or not doing our work at work!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Well, im definatly not at work as ive just fineshed washing, rinsing, claybaring, washing again and drying my car to prepare for wax so she looks clean for the Ride For Pride Cruise tommorow. If anybody wants to go last minute, BPS tommorow @800 we are meeting and rolling by 830! Shoot me a pm if u are going with ur cells!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
Well, im definatly not at work as ive just fineshed washing, rinsing, claybaring, washing again and drying my car to prepare for wax so she looks clean for the Ride For Pride Cruise tommorow. If anybody wants to go last minute, BPS tommorow @800 we are meeting and rolling by 830! Shoot me a pm if u are going with ur cells!

LOL, come pick up the Yach if your arms arent too tired from claying your own car... its needs some attention BAD... my night is shot too, Theres no way I'll have time to do much tonight, I have to be at a concert at 6:30!!!! I have honestly never clayed my truck since I have owned it.... I've waxed it but nothing more....
Old 09-07-2007, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, I put it on the Poisitve Terminal on the right side of the motor. You know the battery is on the Passenger side of the engine bay.... there is a terminal, or bolt, that has a red cap on it that says "Positive Terminal" I have a few other wires running to it, so I just used that for the heater.... Where else would i put it?

By the way.... I have the car at work now. I jumped it and brought it up here so I can charge the battery. On the way to work though, she didnt want to find an idle. And when I would let off the gas, the rpms would shoot up to 2k and stay there til I would come to a complete stop. Dont know where this is coming from though....
The idle needs to relearn itself.let in idle for about 20min or so,should clear itself up.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Its a ZEX bottle heater.... good deal on it, so I couldnt pass it up.
You outta look at HSW's heaters... they are really nice and heat the bottle very evenly. no hot spots
Old 09-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

On the way to work though, she didnt want to find an idle. And when I would let off the gas, the rpms would shoot up to 2k and stay there til I would come to a complete stop. Dont know where this is coming from though....
It takes a little while for the PCM to relearn the idle when the PCM has lost power, should clear up by the time you get it home.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what the problem with imports are?
The retards that own them.I can respect any car,but i cant respect some idiot that thinks he has something and shoots his mouth off.****,i used to smoke civics with my powerstroke.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Teching In

well Ben, you were not lying about this kid, so heres my two cents, okay there 8urf-body. look i am fairly new on this site as well but i have been registered long enough to know you dont just come in somewhere for the first time and start trouble. not to mention i have met these guys and you really must not know what you are getting into. But look, i will do you a favor cause your new, i have a 01 mustang gt with some goodies if you really want to play. but before you get to play with V-8s i will race you on my kawasaki 250 dirt bike and beat you. that is if i can keep the front tire down, yet something else you will never have to worry about with a little front wheel drive fairy car like yours. by the way, costco has a huge sale on bags of rice, so if you need some more power i suggest heading down there.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Well enough with that guy, Ben what time can i bring darren down to get your truck? i have to pick my wife up from norfolk airport at 5:30. Is around 5:00 okay for you?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
The idle needs to relearn itself.let in idle for about 20min or so,should clear itself up.
Thanx man. I disconnected the wire for the bottle heater from the terminal bolt for now. See if my battery will even hold a charge....

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...