Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
on an untuned heads/cam car with a dead maf and dead o2s
Why didn't you wait to run him until your car was straight??
Old 09-09-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Chris, your MAF was working after the fuse swap but both O2's were still dead. Like Brian mentioned, leave the battery unhooked for a while to reset the fuel trims when you replace those O2s. After that's fixed I would recommend getting your car retuned; whether I do it or someone else. There's some crazy stuff in your tune and you have a lot of room for picking up power/drivability.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Chris, your MAF was working after the fuse swap but both O2's were still dead. Like Brian mentioned, leave the battery unhooked for a while to reset the fuel trims when you replace those O2s. After that's fixed I would recommend getting your car retuned; whether I do it or someone else. There's some crazy stuff in your tune and you have a lot of room for picking up power/drivability.
yea, i know the MAF is working now...i meant last weekend.

and mike...i dunno why we raced...why not?lol. it was the first time i took the car out, or actually drove it at all in weeks.. im a sucker for going fast.lol
Old 09-09-2007, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets get that video up!!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Socalmach
Good meeting you guys today for the RFP. It's good to put a face to a name.
Darren we did talk a while back. That's some funny shiat.

Skylar, thank the wife for me. Some good video.
Ben, trucks are slow Kidding.

Pm your guys email and I'll send what I have.
hey it was no problem buddy. i had a blast cruising up there and likewise, it was good meeting you too. my e-mail is moser-1@hotmail.com. that would be awesome to see that video. i tried dropping back and getting the whole convoy (2 1/2 miles long) of cars.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Teching In

ben cant wait to see what pictures you put up man. but knowing you, i kind of already have an idea. giving everybody a preview of the cover of mustang monthly. ha ha. talk to you later buddy
Old 09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6

and mike...i dunno why we raced...why not?lol. it was the first time i took the car out, or actually drove it at all in weeks.. im a sucker for going fast.lol
I say that because if there are major issues with your tune you could possibly damage or due more damage by running the car hard, that's all.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

nah, just some 243 heads shouldnt mess anything up that bad. it was the o2s dying and blowing the fuse for the MAF that messed everything up. i mean, dont get me wrong, it needs a tune for sure.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Strange that the O2's were both lazy/dead. Running the car with blown HG's? Only other thing that really kills them is Race Gas.

As for two cars running on the street vice numbers on a dyno, I would say one or both is/are not behaving the same as it did on the dyno for what ever reason. The fact that the winner in this case had plain ol hard as bricks street tires says that his car was doing something right or the other car is something awful wrong. Figure a car length is .1 at the track, one up 50rwhp on the dyno should put that car 3 or more lengths out in front. A rough rule of thumb for cars that should be trapping around 118 or so.

Sounds like a window switch is not set correctly, late turn on could be why Kong could pull away. If everything else is equal. Guess turning a 9 inch is not hurting him too much. Then again he did get his pushrod issue fixed so maybe that is where his new found performance came from. Or he's hiding a bottle

So Kong when are you going to stop being a bully. This is the second time I've heard/seen you abuse other Fbody owners. Why don't you go pick on some silly slow Rustangs.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Strange that the O2's were both lazy/dead. Running the car with blown HG's? Only other thing that really kills them is Race Gas.

As for two cars running on the street vice numbers on a dyno, I would say one or both is/are not behaving the same as it did on the dyno for what ever reason. The fact that the winner in this case had plain ol hard as bricks street tires says that his car was doing something right or the other car is something awful wrong. Figure a car length is .1 at the track, one up 50rwhp on the dyno should put that car 3 or more lengths out in front. A rough rule of thumb for cars that should be trapping around 118 or so.

Sounds like a window switch is not set correctly, late turn on could be why Kong could pull away. If everything else is equal. Guess turning a 9 inch is not hurting him too much. Then again he did get his pushrod issue fixed so maybe that is where his new found performance came from. Or he's hiding a bottle

So Kong when are you going to stop being a bully. This is the second time I've heard/seen you abuse other Fbody owners. Why don't you go pick on some silly slow Rustangs.
theyre the stock o2s...at 71k.. and i knew they needed to be replaced anyway..so its not a big suprise
Old 09-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Ill have a slow C4 for him to pick on here in a week or so!
Old 09-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

well...maybe 2 weeks.

Its a real bitch to get Gary on the phone! lol
Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

This isnt the Race from last Night but it is an F-Body...... Racing @ Milan During Race Warz...... and Won...... Breaking the Record for fastest Stock Suspension F-Body. Which was 7.98 before....... On Slicks.......

http://lsx.streetfire.net/video/5ee2...a4002d3da2.htm

Above Video on a Radial.
315/60/15.

Kyle
Old 09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or it could mean that dyno numbers and track or street performance arent quite the same.What about hp under the curve-torque-we just heard peak hp numbers.Also how about gear ratio,driving styles,weight of the vehicle and several other factors.So possibly there wasnt anything wrong with either car.Just my opinion.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

Not trying to do it on purpose, just getting some practice in for the track rental.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StangAddict
Ill have a slow C4 for him to pick on here in a week or so!

I'll be waiting.......
Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
This isnt the Race from last Night but it is an F-Body...... Racing @ Milan During Race Warz...... and Won...... Breaking the Record for fastest Stock Suspension F-Body. Which was 7.98 before....... On Slicks.......

http://lsx.streetfire.net/video/5ee2...a4002d3da2.htm

Above Video on a Radial.
315/60/15.

Kyle
Nice vid.....amazing car.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

where is the damn video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Teching In

im really lookin forward to those pictures being posted. and dont procrastinate cause remember, procrastination is like ************, it feels good for a little while, but in the end, you realized you just screwed yourself.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris, your car was running fine when we ran last weekend. It was after we raced and you parked it and then drove home when it started to act up.... Granted you still need a tune bad.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...