Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bodyshop Nightmare IS HOME, UPDATE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bodyshop Nightmare IS HOME, UPDATE!!

Well its worse then i thought. After being very obvious of how particular about the car I still received the car back in the following condition.

1) Front nose (still factory paint) doesnt match-bumper is more red
2)Roof same problem
3)side view mirrors same problem dont match color
4)lower rocker panels same problem
5)Remotes are not working (probably have to be paired to car)
6)Ooops forgot to put on the emblem on the trunk
7)Check engine light is on
8)Front nose doesnt line up in the fender well anymore
9)rear bumper doesnt line up, over slightly and to far forward in the fender well,
10)Dirt in a handfull of places in the paint
11)tiny bubbles in the clear by the scoops and around the taillight area, and the vents in the rear of the bumper
12) Tape lines along the tops of the doors, around the trunk, hood, in the door jams
13)I paid to have a small 3in crack along the back edge of the driver door fixed, part of the crack can still be seen from the inside of the door and paint is sanded off down to black not repainted
14)Roof was not buffed, nothing and has scratches from the tool box or something sitting on the roof
15)Radiator shrowd is not on correctly and they cut the edges that go around to try to make it fit aparently
16)All edges of the fenders, hood, trunk lid, everything have a VERY rough edge to them and nicely rolled paint feel almost like tape on paint feel
17)Tape still left in a couple places and painted fast to the car like on the headlight cover
18)Car is very dirty, the driverside seat bolster where you get in is scuffed badly and almost torn though, also seats look like they were sprayed with window cleaner and rubbed off, still dirty and very dull
19)car is overall dirty inside, dust everywhere and bodyshop dirt all through the engine bay and in between the cracks of the cars body lines
20)Paint chipping away on the fender and they told me thats previous stuff, however they had to paint right there??? HMMM WEIRD.

Asked why is the check engine light on?, Was told wasnt on when we pulled it out and cause you had the rev limiter set to 2000rpms we couldn't test drive it?? I was like why would you test drive a car that wasnt in a accident and only painted?? no reply.

Calling the appraiser tomorrow to set up time to have him come out, see how they gave the car to me. Worst part is the car was in the condition i mention last monday, all they had to do was put the door panels on, front bumper and rear bumper, done. LIke half a days work. Took them over a week to give me this result. Had no answers when i asked why it took this long to give me this result when they called on the prior thursday they said they could paint the roof and nose for a extra $500.00 cause it wasnt as shiney as the rest and be done monday. So it to a week longer to not paint them i guess????
Old 05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs down

Ugh, so sorry to hear it dude.
As a car enthusiast, I've always lived in fear of body shops, even more so after my stepfather bought one and I saw first hand exactly what goes on in some of them.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Launching!

I had an Import that I had done at a place ike this... same **** happened very lax work lazy and I had a bumper scuff that wasn't there before i droped it off. after the adjust looked at it they said to take it to another one fo their shops for rework
Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

That really sucks, good luck getting it all fixed up right this time
Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Resident

Wow that sucks.

Where did you go again? (so we know not to go there...)
Old 05-15-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybe the adjuster will help you out if you didn't act like too much of a *** clown to the people at the body shop. If you were rude, or smart to them at all, don't expect much from your adjuster....he has to work w/body shops all week long, and will side w/them if you acted unreasonably. Remember, in today's world, you slide alot farther on bullshit than on sandpaper.... Hopefully, someone will straighten this mess out for you. Check has already been signed over to the body shop, correct? Might be a case for the Better Business Bureau, or your local newspaper, if nothing else works.... WJ

Last edited by WJ SOM SS; 05-15-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear your experiences. This past January we had her black 9-7x repainted due to a TSB due to the doors were all chipped up from road debris. I was nervous, but they did a really good job. I was surprised considering it was a dealer body shop, but they did a damn good job. It's tough to tell they ever painted anything. All four doors were repainted.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's one of the reasons that I haven't bothered getting my t/a's front bumper repainted after my road debris incident last summer.

Keep us updated on how things progress.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry Bruce that sucks

insurance co. adjusters will side with you if the work is clearly not right.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:23 PM
9 Second Club

That really sucks... I had some paint work done to the nose of my Z06 because of a couple flaws in the paint... it came out worse than when it when it and that was from a body shop we have used before and had great history with. The Z28 I just bought has some stuff I would like fixed, but I'm too afraid to let anyone touch it so I'm just going to live with it.

Hope someone makes it right for you.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i understand how everyone was saying not to be harsh to them, but how in the f#$% can you shake someones hand and say thanks for wrecking my beautiful car, and have it come back worse than before and listen to **** like, it was like that when you brought it here. I understand you can't punch him in the face or burn down his garage, but damm when is enough enough??? sorry to hear about your issues once again... and if you are a particluar about you car its that much harder then someone who could give a ****.... sorry man hope it works out for ya.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update, looking over the car a bit more.

21) overspray on windows, on lower area of the roof with clear tape off lines
22)passenger side rear quarter has a chip/bubble/dirt in the paint along the edge now
23) Passenger side rear quarter has a run in the paint along the line to the side skirt
24)raised paint/clear edge along the front of both front fenders to nose
25)Chip in the paint on the roof

Just from another quick look. I wrote things down and called everyone today insurance wise. No reply from anyone and i did that at 2pm.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

You may have to get ahold of a "independent insurance adjuster" Ask around to find one in your area w/a good reputation. You may, or may not have to pay for him to come look at the poor quality workmanship on your vehicle, but it could really help you in the end bigtime. Get on this asap, before you start driving your car around much. Good luck w/your misfortune...sounds like the shop shouldn't even be on a reccomended insurance body shop list. Just stay cool and business-like w/the independent....WJ
Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

I went through a simular thing last year with the wifes SAAB she was hit in the rear and the shop didn't do half the things they were paid to do and sisn't install the new parts they were paid for. The excuse I got was "OH I CAN'T WATC EVERYTHING THYE DO IN THE SHOP" plus they took 4 weeks longer than quoted and tried to charg us for the rental that was supose to be a free loaner. Took me a while to get the money back for that and they still haven't fixed all the problems I got so frustrated I gave up last year I still have to go back so they can repaint the dam thing as it has sanding scratches in the base coat.

I filed complaints with the AG and the board that oversees the shops in RI and went on angies list to vent.

Providence Auto Body is noting but crooks best thing I did was document everything and took lost of pics. Worst thing I did was to pay them and not go over everything untill I got it home.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

p.s. I love you guy's
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Bruce,
Was it fixed by the insurance company choice or yours?

Dennis