Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Kids and bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Kids and bikes

Is it just me or is there alot of **** head riders out there?I went for a 200 miles cruise today and atleast 3 kids tried to show off to me and just made themself look stupid. I even got passed on the right by some dumbass which had his girlfriend on the back.They were both wearing shorts and sneakers.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are actually the ones that give every other riders on a sports bike a bad name. they are called squids lol
Old 05-27-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

and thats why it costs as much as a car to insure
Old 05-27-2007, 06:32 PM
9 Second Club

That's one of the reasons I got rid of my bike years ago, couldn't stand the crowd I was around. Every event, get together, race-all full of jerks. Similar to the ricer crowd I thought at the time.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's why I am building a chopper... no need to race.. hahaha
Old 05-27-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

I decided after this season I am selling the bike, my dirt bike too and building me a custom chopper, I just want to cruise around.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I lost count the number of "squids" showing off today Just leaving the island I had packs of 20+ pass me... any other day before this weekend I would of not seen to many. Now their coming out of the woodwork. I don't mind the bikes it is the (&)(!#$^%) people driving them... around, cutting off, just being jerks that's irritating.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Is it just me or is there alot of **** head riders out there?I went for a 200 miles cruise today and atleast 3 kids tried to show off to me and just made themself look stupid. I even got passed on the right by some dumbass which had his girlfriend on the back.They were both wearing shorts and sneakers.
yup. Oh well, eventually they will just crash and hurt themselves for a reality check
Old 05-27-2007, 09:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I cant count the number of times I've been cutoff while driving to work in the morning. Then there are the ones that like to drive in between the cars while stuck in traffic, or travel in the brakedown lanes. I like to call them hamburger, cause eventually thats what they will be.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

When im in the Camaro they seem like they have to prove somthing to me by doing a wheelie by me @ 70mph
Old 05-28-2007, 07:52 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I love the guys wearing no shirt, shorts and a helmet. Riding like that, the last thing you want when you go down is to survive because you will be stuck in intensive care for months getting skin graphs. I commonly refer to those guys as organ donors since that's about all they are going to be doing with them when they do go down.

I've been around guys who ride all my life and constantly hear from different people that there are two types of riders, those that have gone done, and those who are going to go down.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:36 AM
.T.
TECH Resident

Oh to be young and immortal again...
Old 05-28-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just last week I was waiting at a light and 3 kids, who were maybe 18 at the most, were baging a u-turn and pulling into this Burger king parking lot and 2 of them almost dumped their bikes making the turn because they went over the cobblestone section that you not supposed to drive on. Then once they pulled into the parking lot the started hot lapping around the drive thru area trying to do burn out and pop wheelies, like they were impressing everyone. Insane thing is that they 2 were riding gsxr-750's and one was riding an r1...def see them smeared on the road sometime this summer the way they act.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice to see you out and about on the bike..
Old 05-28-2007, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

No it's not you, there up here too. There already crashing all over the place too. Tell them to keep riding like that ill pick there crashed bikes up at the auction cheep
Old 05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

saw some young kid today, his 3rd day on his FIRST bike (which is a gsx-r 1000). he can barely get the bike moving, driving 15 in a 30 mph zone and has trouble turning the bike when he's starting out. when he has to make a 40 mph turn he drives 20 mph and he's real jerky on the bike.

i rest up to get a burger and he first tells me leaving his friends house he hit a little bump, blipped the throttle and went wheelie mode by accident. then he tells me he is racing with the experienced guys on their 1000's and he was passing them.

i literally told him to slow down and learn the bike, it was only his third day. i told him he should get the hang of the clutch, turning and stopping. you should of seen the look on his face, it was so absent, what i said was french....in one ear and out the other.

---------

that "people who have went down and people who havent gone down yet" is kind of a slap in the face. i might as well say your nothing but time away from death in your car. dont classify everyone who drives a bike to have the same mentality. we dont do it when it comes to cars. what are you, the new ms. cleo, you can tell everyones future?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well todays ride was pretty mellow.Only had 1 moron that I think was trying to show off behind me going to the state forest. I was going pretty slow(60mph) down Cranberry highway and he was slowing down and trying to wheelie behind me then flying up to me to stomp the brakes. When the corners started I picked up the pace to my ussual 80-120mph.Lost him after the first corner and never saw him again. He might still be in the tree's now
Old 05-28-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
saw some young kid today, his 3rd day on his FIRST bike (which is a gsx-r 1000). he can barely get the bike moving, driving 15 in a 30 mph zone and has trouble turning the bike when he's starting out. when he has to make a 40 mph turn he drives 20 mph and he's real jerky on the bike.

i rest up to get a burger and he first tells me leaving his friends house he hit a little bump, blipped the throttle and went wheelie mode by accident. then he tells me he is racing with the experienced guys on their 1000's and he was passing them.

i literally told him to slow down and learn the bike, it was only his third day. i told him he should get the hang of the clutch, turning and stopping. you should of seen the look on his face, it was so absent, what i said was french....in one ear and out the other.
First bike a GSXR1000? I think the salesman needs a punch on that one.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:51 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

I rode 450 miles the other day, and didn't run into any idiots at all. We went over to Vermont, then over to Conway NH and did the Kankamangus, etc.

All depends on where you ride I guess. We were did a crazy stretch in Vermont on 17, that was all switchbacks. Not many squids out on roads like that. If they were, we probably passed them by in the woods LOL.

My first bike was a 1k....
Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah I went for a nice ride today myself, with the g/f and another couple on my buddies bike! Although I didn't see any today, I know what you mean for sure. I used to ride with many of the same type of "kids" and hell, several years back now I was one of those... squids. No shirt, sneakers, shorts, gloves and a helmet!
I typically ride with my leather jacket, gloves, jeans and either boots or sneakers. But with the damn humidity and heat I leave the leather at home. I just don't act up like I used to and keep to the twisties more often than the long straits.
I've been down (Aug. 2004) on my 2001 RC51 and it didn't phase me much. Since then though.. I've only had more confidence riding! Go figure!

Ride safe with a clear mind fellas.. and I'll see you out there!

On a side note:
A Harley or a custom chopper would be nice, thing is.. grinding kick stands, pipes and whatnot gets old after doing it a few times, Just ask my brother about his ......whooooops but he does it sometimes too, so it's not all on me