Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hey Noyzee

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually, Saying one of your heads is screwed would be pretty easy.Making a deal of it,then seeing how much modification was done is 2 different stories.I'm not hear to beat a dead horse.Just wondered where the car is.I'm figuring your good for 1-2 combo's a year

Ace,don't worry.We still think you are a tool and you keep proving it
Old 08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i told tony these heads had work done and welding on the surface. he said no problem.
Thats not how this deal went down....

I dont want to get into a he said / she said situation but I'm 100% sure you failed to mention that you welded up every water jacket hole and to be honest I dont recall whether any mention of "weld" was discussed in the conversation (it may have) but Im crystal clear on the fact I had no idea the deck was going to look solid when the heads arrived.

Guys....be it my product or anyone else's....start doing extensive welding on a manufacturer's casting and you just null and voided your warranty...at least concerning a warranty involving the actual casting.

Im sorry you feel AFR is no longer a stand up company and wont be endorsing our product any longer but IMO those feeling are unwarranted and I think we handled it as fairly as we could considering the situation.

Not to mention we have guys putting up close to 1000 HP and more with out of the box head. The head deck is extremely strong as delivered from us and would have easily put up with the power level you were at provided the tune-up was reasonably close.

Anyway....this thread is quickly on its way to be locked soon the way it looks anyway. Perhaps the information I have provided keeps others from putting themselves in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 08-22-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who's we and why do you want to start **** with me agin? you assbag
Old 08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
8 second mod

no problem don, you and tony are right.
now im on my way to build another setup.
too bad your a bench racer if you had a car it would make for a good grudge match
Old 08-22-2007, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

PINKS!!!!

oh wait nevermind
Old 08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

no problem don, you and tony are right.
now im on my way to build another setup.
too bad your a bench racer if you had a car it would make for a good grudge match
That was good and subtle.Can't remember when I bench raced anything yet
Old 08-22-2007, 07:02 PM

Definitly have to side with AFR on this one.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

brad i know it sucks but i think it looks like a mis-communication on the condition of the modification to the head. even if there were 200 heads out there welded like yours and were fine. its not really AFR's fault or poor casting ect. Tony offered a good deal on a new casting . why should he replace a completly modified/welded head . itd be like gm warranty your car now cause it doesnt run right

im not taking sides but when you look at everything and the heat induced into the heads w/o re-heat treating them the strucural integridity is not gonna be the same.

i myself have been in the parts business for almost 10yrs and have warrantied alot of parts that were borderline but if it was modified alot i couldnt take it back .
would you warranty a furnace that was cut and welded up? or ducting that someone ripeed down themselves?

do what you feel comfortable doing though and get that bitch running again
Old 08-22-2007, 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see how you can bash AFR when you welded every coolant hole and then an issue comes up with the head. I have dealt AFR and Tony Mamo many times with exceptional results, so I am sure if they would of thought that it might of been a defect then they would of replaced the head no questions asked. But you extensively modified the head so what company in their right mind would warranty the head.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

I was just about to purchase a set of AFR's for my motor build. Looks like I'll be thinking twice.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:46 PM
8 second mod

i never bashed afr. did i say i was upset the said send it back, we will send a new one then back out? yes, do i realy care? NO. i just wont use them again, and i will have my car up and running in no time if afr stops taking pics and sends my head back so i can get my money for scrap alum and put it towards my new set. hehe
jk, im going to weld them up see if it works, if not i have a set of heads that a friend offered me for free i will do up, and run faster then dons bench racer
Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Brad,
I hope things work out for ya. Looks like your joining Don in the bench racing section this fall . If anything to think positive about is that you can plan your next setup that much earlier (The heads you mentioned) and less time driving to the track means more beer time!. Sometimes the circumstances dump on you and all you can do is roll with it. Best of luck to ya hell I'm still scraping the $ for a new rear (taking an eternity @ my gvt salary) but I do what I can
Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Rhode Island Red
Brad,
I hope things work out for ya. Looks like your joining Don in the bench racing section this fall . If anything to think positive about is that you can plan your next setup that much earlier (The heads you mentioned) and less time driving to the track means more beer time!. Sometimes the circumstances dump on you and all you can do is roll with it. Best of luck to ya hell I'm still scraping the $ for a new rear (taking an eternity @ my gvt salary) but I do what I can
i'll be racing in no time.
if welding the head works i will be racing within 2 weeks of getting the head back.

if they dont work, i have a set of heads that all i have to do is cut them for my big springs and throw them in.
i'll probably be ready in 2 weeks with those if need be as well.

im not a bench racer

good luck with your car. you saving for a 12 bolt? in not, i have 2 10 bolts i'll give you a screamin deal on
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

good call, but prepair for us to get internet *** kicked by the slowhawk guys as they jump on the band wagon and beat that dead horse
now why the **** would you want to go there, esp when im the only one who would break your mouth and have been close in the past. I came in and gave you sincere sorry not caring about the story. Why the **** do you have to be an idiot, this post hits me and know one else. None of them have wanted to kill you. Way to go idiot. Notice how the slowhawk guys as you call them, have been saying nothing but sorry. Dons the one giving you ****...and for the record brad, we barely all even hang out anymore. But since its you who cant let **** go, maybe you should look in the mirror, we havent had issue in years.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for you're misfortune Brad.

Tony/AFR is still at the top of my list.

You'll get you're car back together and things will pan out, life is a bitch sometimes, I'm sure if you weren't going though all that other stuff you're mindset about what happened might be a little different. When it comes to cars there are no guarantees.

You guys are both stand up guys and I hate to see any bad mouthing , even indirectly.

Don AKA Instigator LOL
Old 08-23-2007, 08:12 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by PurEvl
now why the **** would you want to go there, esp when im the only one who would break your mouth and have been close in the past. I came in and gave you sincere sorry not caring about the story. Why the **** do you have to be an idiot, this post hits me and know one else. None of them have wanted to kill you. Way to go idiot. Notice how the slowhawk guys as you call them, have been saying nothing but sorry. Dons the one giving you ****...and for the record brad, we barely all even hang out anymore. But since its you who cant let **** go, maybe you should look in the mirror, we havent had issue in years.
i wasnt talking about you mike, i was talking about who ever posted with don. i seen it coming, its a given. me and don say somthing then everyone jumps on board, its funny accually.
i know why don started this post, he got what he wanted, when it comes to the car stuff, what ever thanks and no thanks for any info on that stuff.

thanks to anyone for the props and kind words of my other issues.

as for Don, he doesnt have a leg to stand on when it comes to racing so what ever he says means nothing to me. when his race car is done and he runs as fast or faster then me, then he can bust my ***** with back up. till then he is just a bench racing 50 year old know it all know nothing with no game and im a 27 year old living with my parents
Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hey Brad,

None of us attacked you. I think Keith hit the nail right on the head, and made some good points about the situation. It sucks, but as you already stated, you'll move on and get back into the game. Lesson learned.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

your all a bunch of bitches...

Sorry, I felt left out.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well, Brad definitely has me on the 27 year old living off mommy and daddy
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

[quote]we offered Brad a smoking deal on a fully ported brand new casting. Fully machined, seats and guides installed and honed....valvejob done....basically a head ready to swap in valves and springs and assemble. We retail that piece for $1130 (thats for a single casting) and offered it to Brad for only $600. [quote]

Hey brad that is actually a pretty good deal and would jump all over that. I recently had a head of a valve shear off and drop into the number one cylinder and destroyed my head and my 402 shortblock. When talking to tony about fixing the head he said it was unfixable and offered me a bare casting 205 head for $900.00

Quick Reply: Hey Noyzee