Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hey Noyzee

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Hey Noyzee

What the hell blew on your car now?

Most of the summer you posted 1-2 topics a day about the build,track,rebuild ect but nothing for almost a month now?

You finally sell that thing
Old 08-21-2007, 01:00 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
What the hell blew on your car now?

Most of the summer you posted 1-2 topics a day about the build,track,rebuild ect but nothing for almost a month now?

You finally sell that thing
no i still have it, but not sure i will be back out now.
i have lost all modivation for cars.
long story short, and funny you posted this now, i just got off the phone with Tony from AFR. he was my deciding fact if i go back together or not. he didnt come threw, so im probably staying apart.

what happened was, last time out, i smelled antifreeze (water weter)

so i did one more pass, car ran great 9.6 same as befor with a very small shot, and shitty gears ect ect.
well i load up, head home. get home to find a puddle on the floor in my trailer.
it was towards the back of my motor so i said **** i must have got a gasket.
pressureize the system and yup, its leaking from what looks like the head bolt.
i rip it apart, looks ok, but i checked the head, ect ect. put new gaskets on it, put it back together with my new intake, pressurize the system, and still leaking.

well, i took it all back apart, sent the head out to be check. my guy called, said looks fine it isnt warped, he cut it it was perfect.
i got there he had it on the parts washer. we shot the ****, trying to figure it out, as the head dryed we found a crack in the casting.

i right away called afr tony said send the head but they will replace it.

so i took the head apart sent it out. tony just called said they wont replace it because i modified the head. he said thats why it cracked.
which i would believe exept i have had these heads modified for 4 years now and we have 2 other cars with the same setup and they have 4 years of running with no issues.

but tony offered me a good deal on a bare casting, but i dont think i want to deal with afr anymore. im a little upset with there choice, but i have some thinking to do.

i may just pull the other head off, oil it up a little bit and stick the car in the corner till next year.
i dont know yet, im just going threw alot of stuff right now, more then i want to share online, and thats a big part of me saying screw it, if they replaced the head, i would put it back together, but to spend over 1000 bucks to get one new head is silly, id rather use them as paper weights and wait till next year and buy a better set of etp 6 bolt heads.
i dont know yet.

heres a couple pics of the head, every person i showed the head to said, yup, somthing wrong with that head, they have never seen anything like it befor.

oh well. you can see the crack goes right in by the spot for the washer, then out both sides about an inch

again, funny you posted this now, i havent said anything till i found out what afr was going to do, and i just hung up with tony a few minits ago.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry to hear this man. Try to keep your spirits high, you built that whole thing and now youre going to let one head stop you? This doesnt seem like the Noyzee I know from Ls1tech.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That suck man, I did see a post in the n2o forum about it, too bad tony couldnt come through. I need to do a clutch, im deciding if I should bust my *** and do it before the fall really hits or wait, it drives fine enough but still a motivation issue.

Race the z06 in the meantime!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

**** it... lets just leave my car alone and drink this weekend.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
8 second mod

its not one head stoping me, i have an *** pile of **** going on in my life right now, and the car braking is the last thing i want to deal with.

family issues (serios ones), work issues, personal issues, car issues, sled issues ect ect ect.
just not #1 on my list right now. i want to race it big time, i want to see what it will do, i have new gears in the box waiting to go in ect ect, but just cant justifie spending atleast 1000 bucks on 1 head when i want to replace them anyway with a beter head this winter/spring.
long story, but i was realy hoping afr would come threw with it, but oh well.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:35 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
**** it... lets just leave my car alone and drink this weekend.
we started your car last night, or should i say mike started.
im going to pick up your parts in a few.

no im up for racing, i say we win this thing this weekend!!!!!!!!

trust me, im drinking, i cant sleep at night without a few beers or some ******* nightqul (sp) the last few months have been killer. not sure what to do but grin and bare it
Old 08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

weld it for a few bucks? that should hold you over for short money and if it don't work out so what.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yup,thats screwed.Can't even weld it since it's a high load area.

So,you spent a ton of coin to get this running and now 1 head is holding you back?

Your probly better off going by your history.You'll replace the head then the engine would sieze and everything would be junk. You have no luck,man
Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Yup,thats screwed.Can't even weld it since it's a high load area.

So,you spent a ton of coin to get this running and now 1 head is holding you back?

Your probly better off going by your history.You'll replace the head then the engine would sieze and everything would be junk. You have no luck,man
tony said he would try welding it because it isnt in a bad area, he said its real thick right there and a good weld will hold, then cut the head.

im going to have my guy weld it, then x-ray it, see what we come up with.

yeah, we call it the noyzee no luck

yes, the head is holding me up because i dont want to spend 1k on one head. my plan was to run these this year and get some etp's for next year, so to spend 1k now and then morew this winter on etp is silly.

and with the way things are going right now, i just dont have the coin to buy the etp heads now. sucks but it hapens. you know how much all this **** cost, it aint easy and after time it stops being fun as well.
it sucks cuz i love racing, but i just dont have the motivation right now for it with everything else going on.

i was getting it back when tony said he was going to replace the head, i was all set, ready to rip.
put everything together, ordered the new gears, ready to rip, then he just took the wind out of my sails by saying, yeah, remeber how i said i would replace it, yeah well, im not now
Old 08-21-2007, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

what made him change his mind about replacing it? It dosen't look like a bad area to weld depends on if you can get to all of it good luck and if it don't work you have a good plan wait and get what you want those heads will work nice on your new block.

can't trust guy's name Tony.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:15 PM
8 second mod

haha, tony maybe your right. lol

he said they tested the heat treat on the heads and it was low in spots, said it was low near some welds that i put in, but also it was low in factory spots as well.
but he said no.

to me it sounds like the heat treat went bad over time, and thats that.

if it was right next to something i welded, fine, but the crack is atleast 2" from any weld, and i have welds all over it.

i dont know, just sounds like tony said yeah man, send it back we will take care of it, he got it and his boss said nope.

imo a big *** company like that should have given me the head.
i know for a fact, i would do that for someone esp if they didnt just have one afr head going ect.

i cover **** all the time for my customers, **** that has nothing to do with me but i eat a little humble pie, fix it and move on. then they tell a friend how good we are ect ect, and it makes up for the one thing we had to eat.
now with afr i will not recomend or buy there heads again (and i will be ordering 2 sets of heads in the next month or so for a couple installs this fall) but they wont be afr's anymore. so they just lost 2 sales by not eating a $300 casting.

oh well.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Hell, Brad.....grass race season's started. Screw the car and run your sled in a improved stock class....some relatively in-expensive fun to be had for the next 2 months in some of the nicest weather of the whole year! WJ
Old 08-21-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

brad keep your head up man, i been there and will be again. Cars suck but you will always fall back to them. Cars too nice to quit on. Get a head and move on for now. Take your time. Good luck
Old 08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

So,it sounds like you welded the heads already? Chambers,runners?

I'm sure if they were ported it would be replaced for free.Welding just screws up all those chances.I wouldn't blame him if they were my heads.Doubt any other company would replace them either.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
8 second mod

i welded parts of the surface.

way away from the crack.
im sure it wasnt the welding, but either way, its done now.

wj, i think will be doing the grass at the local one by epping. friday night, its amature night. hehe

mike, i know, thats why i stick with it, i love it, but its a love hate thing. lol
just one thing after another with cars and life.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hey Noyzee, Good luck getting your car back together. I know we've rubbed each other the wrong way a couple of times. But I still hate to see a person quit something that they love. (yeah...even you) Hope your family issues whatever they may be turn out alright too. I know how things can be going along fine, then turn to **** at a moments notice.
If you don't get it back together this year, I'll look forward to the winter when the **** slinging will begin all over again.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

WTF????

Everybody is getting all lovey and ****.

Homo's!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:15 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

that sux bro ah winter will be here in no time
Old 08-21-2007, 06:33 PM

Brad,

I have a friend who's AFR 205 head snapped off a valve. He has a spare one milled 0.030. Not sure what your heads were.

Quick Reply: Hey Noyzee