Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

McGuire AFB Rumor Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McGuire AFB Rumor Control

There is so much smak talk around my car I felt I needed to post this because I know I'm going to hear it at work. Last night I ran into a guy from base in a mild 05+ GT. (Silver one) I was next to him at a light, not being a dick or anything, but ready if he jumped. I launched nice and easy and I hear all this tire squeal next to me. So, I got in 1st, backpedaled, started to get sideways in 2nd, backpedaled, 3rd I had to backpedal at tq peak and then again at redline cause I was sideways again. By this time the guy is right next to me, I'd even give him a nose. I can't get in my car on street tires until 4th. So, basically all I could do was keep even with him. 4th hooked ok and I jumped probably 5 cars on him. I took off so fast I'm not sure if he just quit or he just ran out of motor but judging from the sound of his car I'd say I just had too much for him. The guy was cool and everything I'm not knocking his car but I can already hear the **** talking when he goes into work. "He hung with me thru 3 gears". Well, I had to drive the hell out of her to keep it straight, but that is largely true. I do appologze for embarrassing the ole Ford after hooking.

Ok, now for the bad news fella. My car is running 12.3 to 1 as I'm tuning out some fuel bugs. I wanted to be rich. I'm also running a stock 6.0l timing table. There is not a single degree of timing in the car. So, before I go into work and hear all the noise keep that in mind, you didn't get all of her. Good times none the less, and I still can't believe how hard this thing is pulling. Lol, I can't believe I'm making excuses for winning by 8 lengths.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

shame on you!!...

your Vette > any mustang..any day of the week...dont worry about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Lol, I would never say I'm > than anything, but people have been wondering how quick I am and I didn't want to let them think its not all that based on this one run somebody local saw when it was out. Especially if that car is stock.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

get some tire on that thing and show them what's up.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not familiar with your setup, but if you paced him through three gears spinning, I'd say you have nothing to worry about since as soon as you hooked you walked away from him.

Throw a set of drag radials or et streets on it and see how things go again.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Its a sub 11 car. C6s can't really launch so I don't know how deep in the tens I can get. I'm in the middle of a short notice move so tuning is going slow. Plus, I don't have track tires here so its a waste to try and hook over 500rwhp on runflats. Racing from a dig is kinda gay so like I've been just crusing around not looking for fights. Last night got the best of me and I ran an R6 from a dig and the GT. I walked the R6 but it wasn't a very fair race. The guy was not at a speed the bike would do well without downshifting and standing the bike up whichj apparently he did not want to do.

There are 2 cars here I want to kill before the move. Both trash talking ********. They don't come on here so they just think I'm a bolt on guy. One is a 500whp Evo and the other is a 240 with a big turbo. I can take the Evo running it down by watching what it runs, the 240 I think I can get if I can get a little traction earlier and don't screw up. I'm not John Force, I pretty much suck at the driving thing.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Have you been using your street tires at the track? Don't know what mods you've done but you might just need to get some suspension upgrades on there and she'll start hooking more.

is there a place you guys meet up at on base or you just bump into these guys? I see these nice cars cruising around base once in a while but never meet any of them besides Jeffers but I've never really seen his cars. I know there used to be a car club at the airman's firehouse but is that still going on? Let me know I'd like to meet up sometime. I still have yet to meet with the controlled insanity guys on 38 but I plan to this weekend if everything goes right, even though the car is filthy.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

A bunch of guys go to Controlled Insanity. I tried to start a club here on the base but nobody was interested. I usually just run into folks out and about.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

Does the guy with the GT work with you? Where are you moving to? Congrats on the kill man. Your car definitely sounds awesome.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroguy26
Have you been using your street tires at the track? Don't know what mods you've done but you might just need to get some suspension upgrades on there and she'll start hooking more.

is there a place you guys meet up at on base or you just bump into these guys? I see these nice cars cruising around base once in a while but never meet any of them besides Jeffers but I've never really seen his cars. I know there used to be a car club at the airman's firehouse but is that still going on? Let me know I'd like to meet up sometime. I still have yet to meet with the controlled insanity guys on 38 but I plan to this weekend if everything goes right, even though the car is filthy.

Hey Dan, how you doing man?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

sounds like the car is running good!! yeah your tires are holding the car WAY back!! if your free this sunday you should come back out to our controlled insanity meet.

i was thinking we(CI) and the others should cruise over to philly for some cheesesteaks and i know theres some action over there as well

-brandon
Old 08-29-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
i was thinking we(CI) and the others should cruise over to philly for some cheesesteaks and i know theres some action over there as well
Yeah, cheesesteaks? They really have those in Philly?

Call me a tourist, call me a newbie follower but either way Pat's was SO yummy Sunday night dude, we HAVE TO go back.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
Hey Dan, how you doing man?
been good man just busy. just got back from a 10 day trip. Got my new AR headers too that I need to find time to put in soon! How's the Corvette been?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroguy26
been good man just busy. just got back from a 10 day trip. Got my new AR headers too that I need to find time to put in soon! How's the Corvette been?
Nice, welcome back. It's been good. I'm back in nj enjoying my last week of vacation before I work sunday night.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

you work this sunday night Rob??
Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
you work this sunday night Rob??
Yes, but I'll be at the meet until 8:30 ish
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

oh k...im gonna roll up around 7...see ya there. look for the new ride.

sorry for the slight hi-jack Aintqik...back on topic..
Old 08-30-2007, 06:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

work @ Mcguire here...see alot of guys running around w/ those 2 valve GT's thinking there ferrari's...one guy has a nice yellow mach 1 w/ chrome rims though
Old 09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

I got a going away party in the afternoon, If I'm not drunk I'll swing by.

I'm going to Peterson. 6000' is going to kill her. Trying to get all my fun in before I go
Old 09-03-2007, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AintQik
I tried to start a club here on the base but nobody was interested. I usually just run into folks out and about.
How'v I never seen or met you? I think I've seen a black C6 here, over by the 76thARS. But it looks stock....

I got the Silver TBSS on base if you ever seen it. There's a black one, blue one and my silver one. I also got a loud *** 96 Imp that I rarely drive anymore.

I've wanted to start a get together here on base for a long time but everybody is a pansie.....

And who the hell has a 500 horse Evo here? I only seen one grey evo and some LT drive's it. Asian guy. I've only seen about two cars here on base I'd be afraid to run on the street in the TBSS. The one black C6 and the old black WS6 that used to be on here. Believe he's PCS'd now.

Sucks you're movin out. PM me if you wanna get together and shoot the **** before you leave. I'm good friends w/ the other guy who has the Blue TBSS too.