Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. Over Here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well its a sad day,my old buddy Head told me that in two weeks he is headed back to Pa to live.He's been a good friend and a great helper on the race car.Hate to see him go.
Anybody looking for some full time employment working on cars let me know.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Are the DR's taller than your stock tires? Could have thrown off the speedo a couple MPH. Sounds like you were in Waverly or was it Ivor?
Yeah, I meant Waverly. They might be a little taller than my street tires.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
Well its a sad day,my old buddy Head told me that in two weeks he is headed back to Pa to live.He's been a good friend and a great helper on the race car.Hate to see him go.
Damn, didn't expect to hear that man. I figured he was in it for the long haul, guess life can change things a lot.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
Wow!!! That sucks.... Is he getting out of cars, or what????
Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
Nice times.... Josh took his 06 2500 quad cab diesel and ran a 14.5@95 with just a programmer.... Pretty impressive. Yours is a dually, right?

Who was talking their car up???? And what did it end up running????

Yea me and Kyle made it up there right after you guys left.... Luckily, no tickets for us!!! We were making some good time there and back too....
Yea, early 04 Dually. The 60ft was killing me, my friend Chuck with a Dodge Shadow got it to do a 14.7@94, but I won't claim it if I didn't drive it then it didn't happen.

It's sort of a dodo brown LT1 Slomarow, stroker engine, blah, blah, blah, I want to say he was claiming 470'ish rwhp when he came up to us at BPS telling us how great his car was, just came across a little too full of himself to all of us standing around that night, got pissy cause I didn't hand out a list of my mods on the Formula. Said later I was an ******* for not talking about my car guess he failed to realize everyone there were good friends of mine. I forgot it was a mandatory thing to tell just anyone what I had done to it.

He was wise enough to take off his tag 8UR PONY, Shane with the Slobra wanted to race him for it. It would have been ugly, I think his best was a HIGH 12 I know it was way slower than the wife's C6 A6 was turning LS2 > LT1 stroker. Even with the excuse that the track was great, his MPH wasn't showing the HP that was claimed.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

It's sort of a dodo brown LT1 Slomarow, stroker engine, blah, blah, blah, I want to say he was claiming 470'ish rwhp when he came up to us at BPS telling us how great his car was, just came across a little too full of himself to all of us standing around that night, got pissy cause I didn't hand out a list of my mods on the Formula. Said later I was an ******* for not talking about my car guess he failed to realize everyone there were good friends of mine. I forgot it was a mandatory thing to tell just anyone what I had done to it.

He was wise enough to take off his tag 8UR PONY, Shane with the Slobra wanted to race him for it. It would have been ugly, I think his best was a HIGH 12 I know it was way slower than the wife's C6 A6 was turning LS2 > LT1 stroker. Even with the excuse that the track was great, his MPH wasn't showing the HP that was claimed.

Yeah, the highest I seen him trap was 111. Even on one of my runs where I was impersonating John Force(pedal fest) I still pulled the **** out of him. I don't think he is a bad guy but he really did put his whole foot in his mouth. I found a whole lot of things missing on his car too. The 9inch was a 10bolt, the bottle disappeared into thin air, and the stroker was de-stroked. You shouldn't lie about your **** and then show up for a track rental.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by KONG
Yeah, the highest I seen him trap was 111. Even on one of my runs where I was impersonating John Force(pedal fest) I still pulled the **** out of him. I don't think he is a bad guy but he really did put his whole foot in his mouth. I found a whole lot of things missing on his car too. The 9inch was a 10bolt, the bottle disappeared into thin air, and the stroker was de-stroked. You shouldn't lie about your **** and then show up for a track rental.
me and him probably would have been a good run with me on some tires... LOL... nice guy, I actually dont mind the car either... but I guess it turned out to be something he didnt say it was....
Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KONG
See crap like that makes me I cant wait to get my car on the road again, I am getting antsy...I am so amped about coming up to BPS to meet some of yall guys. Im looking forward to the advice and help, but then some a-hole comes out and makes an *** of himself, which in turns ruins it for guys like me who want to come out and just chill make new buds and get some great advice. If I see him its on
Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I am cool, just **** like that pisses me off. I agree with I1ULUZ, I dont have to tell you what I have, unless of course you are really nice. HAHAHA
Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by DarkKnightTA
See crap like that makes me I cant wait to get my car on the road again, I am getting antsy...I am so amped about coming up to BPS to meet some of yall guys. Im looking forward to the advice and help, but then some a-hole comes out and makes an *** of himself, which in turns ruins it for guys like me who want to come out and just chill make new buds and get some great advice. If I see him its on
he's a cool guy and all, but I guess he was just telling everyone what he "eventually" wants his car to be LOL...

like I said before, let me know when you want a hand on putting that thing back together, I'll be happy to swing by and turn a wrench if I'm not putting mine back together.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, early 04 Dually. The 60ft was killing me, my friend Chuck with a Dodge Shadow got it to do a 14.7@94, but I won't claim it if I didn't drive it then it didn't happen.

I know who youre talking about.... He has come up to me a few times to talk about his car. He said it was a 383 with a big bottle.... I thought he told me it was a 12bolt out back, but then Mike informed me otherwise.... Never saw the car in person though until last Saturday night at BPS. Sounds good. He had 325 MTs out back, so I dont think he could complain about the track prep.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've talked to that guy too, even took him for a ride in my car. He claimed to hang with liter bikes, not trapping at 111mph!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

i haven't know him for long, but i can say he is a stand up guy! really new to the v8 rwd world, came over from the import side. i don't belive he's trying to start no ****, just really got robbed on the motor he purchased. the guy claimed all this horsepower and when it came time to strap it on the dyno and tune it, we'll it was another story. hell now the guy won't even return his calls!! just wanted to put my 2 cents in here! if i'm not mistaken it did trap 114 not that its much better but hey he's lucky it ran that good after seeing the dyno chart!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What did it end up putting to the wheels??? Did he buy the motor from a private owner or a company????
Old 10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, he seems like a pretty good guy. I think his name is Ryan?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
I've talked to that guy too, even took him for a ride in my car. He claimed to hang with liter bikes, not trapping at 111mph!
I dont know how he was able to hang with liter bikes. When I talked to him he said it hadnt been on the street at all, but one time and he ended up messing up his suspension....
Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Im not trying to start anything...but most of us here have been around the fbody and formost v8's and you always getting someone who wants to have a pissing contest, atleast that is the way I perceived it. Its like I know my car has some power and as soon as its back on the street I want to find out where I stand, but I am not going to go to a new group of guys and be like my car is the ****...in my fathers words "There is always someone faster" And he is old school.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

like I said before, let me know when you want a hand on putting that thing back together, I'll be happy to swing by and turn a wrench if I'm not putting mine back together.[/QUOTE]

I will be taking you up on that very soon, I just moved into my new house about a month and half ago, we finally got the house the way the wife wants it, so now I just got to clear out my garage and get the car like that garage is supposed to be used for. It will probably be in the next 2 weeks. I still got to order little things like pushrods and springs and crap. But you will be the first to know and I will supply the
Old 10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

nice times chris!

i think i have a handful of 14.8 slips from the vette! lol
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by grn95t/a
damn that sucks! i'll keep my eyes peeled!
thanks
Originally Posted by Pharm0r
Pics? that would help alot
im workin on that

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. Over Here!