Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. Over Here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chris,

i have 3 stock speakers and 1 clarion that wasnt even bolted in...just sitting in the cut out! hahaha

Last edited by StangAddict; 10-10-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ

Mike

If the rod bolt does not break but stretches enough the rod bearing will spin. Stock rod bolts will only hold that kind of power for so long before they fail. If you replace them then it's not a stock bottom end is it?
Are these bolts torque-to-yield also???
Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

Have you ever considered a career in politics or Department of State?

Nope, its hard enough being a light-skinned african-american male married to a white woman at a normal job. If I go into politics they will be really calling me a sell-out

Last edited by KONG; 10-10-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow,this is some funny ****.One little post and everybody gets their panties in a bunch.I guess i should give up,since it hasnt been done before it cant possibly be done.We better keep that quiet though-if all the engineers and scientists who invent new things everyday hears that they might quit-being that there are no more things to invent.I think i read somewhere they told the Wright brothers they couldnt fly a plane-i guess its good they didnt listen.
to everybody that said bad things about me and the shop-if you know me and the shop and been in it you would know i can back up everything i say.I have millions of dollars of equipment at my disposal and the talent to use all of it.
You guys dont realize i was going fast before you could buy really good parts for a reasonable amount of money.So you did the best with what you had and spent hours upon hours trying things-learning.I learned how to make power not buy it.
As for you Chris,it must be hard to be so smart,have a great personality,and be so damn good looking too.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

Your buddy that rolled into BPS with you had the K&N sticker on his car. Nothing like pimpin the K&N under the hood to say watch out ricers/rustangs it's an ALL OUT BEAST!!!
LOL, yeah after thinkin about it for a little bit i figured that's who you were talking about. He's also the one that insists his flowmaster gave him 30 hp needless to say i dont pay too much attention to him..but he's startin to learn. I started out the same way. I guess you are the one with the sick *** hood on the pewter car & the procharger. Beautiful car. Still think your a dick though
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pharm0r

On another note, im sitting at burger king with this girl i know about an hour away from home and my water pump siezed(sp) up on me Luckily there is an auto zone litterarlly two stores away and they happen to have an ls1 water pump with lifetime warr. Also gave me an excuse to buy a GOOD socket set as opposed to the crappy one i have been using. So couple hours later me and this girl are in the parking lot of burgerking swapping out the water pump...i figured she'd be all bitchy but she actually helped and LOVED it. In fact, she loved it so much im posting this from her computer at her house the next morning Just thought id share. (thanks onecamaro1 for the advice)
Does she play Magic cards or World Of Warcraft too???
Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

gettin kinda hot in here...
Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

i need a driver side headlight assembly...who wants to gimme theirs?!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StangAddict
i need a driver side headlight assembly...who wants to gimme theirs?!
I need a headlight motor for passenger side, you got one John???
Old 10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

yea i got one...but you have to help me come up with some brackets to hold the covers in place. deal?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StangAddict
yea i got one...but you have to help me come up with some brackets to hold the covers in place. deal?
We will talk Saturday....
Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twinturboz28
Wow,this is some funny ****.One little post and everybody gets their panties in a bunch.I guess i should give up,since it hasnt been done before it cant possibly be done.We better keep that quiet though-if all the engineers and scientists who invent new things everyday hears that they might quit-being that there are no more things to invent.I think i read somewhere they told the Wright brothers they couldnt fly a plane-i guess its good they didnt listen.
to everybody that said bad things about me and the shop-if you know me and the shop and been in it you would know i can back up everything i say.I have millions of dollars of equipment at my disposal and the talent to use all of it.
You guys dont realize i was going fast before you could buy really good parts for a reasonable amount of money.So you did the best with what you had and spent hours upon hours trying things-learning.I learned how to make power not buy it.
As for you Chris,it must be hard to be so smart,have a great personality,and be so damn good looking too.
Strange in one of the old spots on *** Cable for the shop my car was sitting at the front door. Guess I see that was a mistake to help a friend out when he asked if I could show up.

Maybe the first time we met had you not come off as a complete know it all then I won't think the way I do about you. Along with your other comments about my car in the other thread.

Seems like you have some other issues to deal with if you think I am good looking.

As for engineers, it's funny that you should bring that up, I know one person that has posted is a ME. Shame he wasted all that money and didn't learn anything at VT.

Guess it will be interesting to follow this build, the bar has been set, now only time will tell if the setup clears it or not. If you do I am sure everyone will come running to buy the heads based on cheap 243 castings that flow crazy numbers and make killer power. It will put the shop on the map with the likes of Cartek, Thunder, Futral, Speed Inc, etc..... How soon will this setup be ready to make a pull? Are we talking days, weeks, months? Take pics, I am sure there will be others wanting to see this stock short block build up. GMHTP might want to do a story on it, maybe even Hot Rod. That will help bring customers to your door. Any time you get a story about your shop in like Hot Rod it's all good.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

i wanna go fast!

lotta tension in here...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

LOL, yeah after thinkin about it for a little bit i figured that's who you were talking about. He's also the one that insists his flowmaster gave him 30 hp needless to say i dont pay too much attention to him..but he's startin to learn. I started out the same way. I guess you are the one with the sick *** hood on the pewter car & the procharger. Beautiful car. Still think your a dick though
Yep, that's the toy and you are right I am a dick and/or an *******, that is what all my friends tell me, so it must be true. Funny most look at the car and never see the blower hiding down there, good eye. I heard it was a cold air intake one evening at BPS or they think it's a STS setup and run to the back, get down on their knees to look for the turbo and only see the 12 bolt, then run back up to the front only to look

Most likely that Flowcrapper is doing nothing if not hurting his rwhp. I think the sticker is adding more HP than the muffler
Old 10-10-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Funny most look at the car and never see the blower hiding down there, good eye.

Most likely that Flowcrapper is doing nothing if not hurting his rwhp. I think the sticker is adding more HP than the muffler
Ah, if you've done some studying it isnt hard to spot really. If there is anything i do its read read read on these forums because i can never decide what exactilly i want do with my car. (fi, n2o, etc..)

I tell him the same exact thing about his sticker/muffler. He just says he doesnt care.

Now tell me about that hood? I guess its custom? Ive never seen one like it..

Originally Posted by KONG
Does she play Magic cards or World Of Warcraft too???
I dunno, ill ask her for you was just tryin to cool things down a little
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Ah, if you've done some studying it isnt hard to spot really. If there is anything i do its read read read on these forums because i can never decide what exactilly i want do with my car. (fi, n2o, etc..)

I tell him the same exact thing about his sticker/muffler. He just says he doesnt care.

I dunno, ill ask her for you was just tryin to cool things down a little

Just giving you **** bud.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Junkie

pretty sure he has the Mecham hood.... im curious to know if he has the same cracking problems people always talked about.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^ Chris, you fix the torque arm yet????
Old 10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
pretty sure he has the Mecham hood.... im curious to know if he has the same cracking problems people always talked about.

Dont know about that but me personally i think it looks like
Ive never liked that hood or front bumper. But its to each his own and its not my car.

Alot of **** flying in here......
I read some of this and laughed....
I know Shawn will get the car to where he wants it. I know he will do what it takes to make the numbers and if that means trying 4 or 5 different cams then he will.
I dont know why people always act that way when someone says things like this.... it has been done before......

Next your going to say a certain person i know wont be able to hit 600rwhp N/A Built bottem end.....

I dont give a **** if im called a cheerleader or not because ... I am. Shawn has taken care of me above and beyond.

Im sure there will be plenty of pics of the build.... because ill prob be taking them....

There is just so much stupid crap going on in here it just makes me not even care about this thread or even read it.....................

Kyle

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. Over Here!