210 cited in york pa

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 210 cited in york pa

210 cited in crackdown on drag racing on York
Monday, October 22, 2007
YORK, Pa. (AP) Police charged 210 people with summary citations after a crackdown aimed at ending illegal drag racing on U.S. Route 30.

At around 9 p.m. Saturday, police swooped into a shopping center parking lot along the stretch of highway where drag racing had previously occurred.

Authorities say everyone, except for a small number who got away and young children, were charged with trespassing. Those cited ranged in ages from 14 to people in their 40s. Two had outstanding warrants and were taken to the county's central booking unit.

Most were charged Saturday night, but those with young children were allowed to leave and were being mailed citations, police said. It took police until 5 a.m. Sunday for finish processing those arrested.

City police officer William Wentz, the department's nuisance-abatement officer, said street racing on that portion of Route 30 has been a recurring problem for the past two years, with races advertised on Internet sites.

``They just physically stop traffic on Route 30, line up the cars and race,'' Wentz said. ``We have video footage. It's crazy.''

anyone on here caught in this?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good ol fashion crackdown...just like here in philly. lol. Trespassing tickets??? man, you guys got off easy....here in philly everyone gets drag racing tickets...$290 bucks and 6 points on your license.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

My brother lived in DC and was telling me that if your busted street racing, it is a $5000 fine, loss of license and they impound your car and if your just watching it cost ya $500, so it sounds like they got off easy with the trespassing fine. I know where to race now.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkKnightTA
My brother lived in DC and was telling me that if your busted street racing, it is a $5000 fine, loss of license and they impound your car and if your just watching it cost ya $500, so it sounds like they got off easy with the trespassing fine. I know where to race now.
oh yeah...i beleive it.

i was posting what happens to someone thats just watching. if you actually get caught racing in Philly, its pretty much the same deal as that. you get arrested..they impound your car...and god knows how much money it'll end up costing you in fines.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

goes to show you that the need for local drag strips is more critical than ever... but due to politically-correct-Starbucks-double-mocha-non-fat-latte-drinking-SUV-driving-cellphone-in-hand-yuppie-morons whom hate anything noisy or might give a less-than upper-middle-class image who built their McMansions next to an active drag strip and fought and won to close it so they wont have to hear it, urban sprawl, and etc. there is no place local to legitimately drag race for many. The communities are to blame on this one, not the racers. They can crack down all they want, but as long as cars exist, there will people who will find a way to race, no matter how much naysayers try and stop them.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

One of the reason we are trying to get a track open in york county.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=#post7994918
Old 10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rhode Island Red
goes to show you that the need for local drag strips is more critical than ever... but due to politically-correct-Starbucks-double-mocha-non-fat-latte-drinking-SUV-driving-cellphone-in-hand-yuppie-morons whom hate anything noisy or might give a less-than upper-middle-class image who built their McMansions next to an active drag strip and fought and won to close it so they wont have to hear it, urban sprawl, and etc. there is no place local to legitimately drag race for many. The communities are to blame on this one, not the racers. They can crack down all they want, but as long as cars exist, there will people who will find a way to race, no matter how much naysayers try and stop them.
You are exactly right...I live in VA Beach, VA, and we have just that kinda of ppl around here. We do have a track that is about 45 min. away. I guess that is better than nothing. Nascar is really helping though the more the fans watch and all that crap, the more tracks start popping up. But hindsight is it will be way to long for it to come to pass. Down here, we have had ppl with money want to build a track, but the city will not allow it, I think its cause the city knows if there is a track 5-10 min away they can issue them crazy tickets and they will lose money. That make me
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Arrow In Philly....

If your caught in Philly Drag Racing, you recieve a TVR (traffic ticket) with a fine listed and a date to go to Traffic Court on Springgarden St where the Judge 99.9% of the time finds you "Guilty". You then HAVE to appeal and wait for a date to go to 501 CJC and plead your case. The same thing happens when "watching" street drag racing. TVR is the same fine and you must do the same thing. Only the Flagman gets arrested when caught. No one else does. I usually cut breaks for the owners of Camaro"s.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PHATKOP
If your caught in Philly Drag Racing, you recieve a TVR (traffic ticket) with a fine listed and a date to go to Traffic Court on Springgarden St where the Judge 99.9% of the time finds you "Guilty". You then HAVE to appeal and wait for a date to go to 501 CJC and plead your case. The same thing happens when "watching" street drag racing. TVR is the same fine and you must do the same thing. Only the Flagman gets arrested when caught. No one else does. I usually cut breaks for the owners of Camaro"s.
Hey...what about Trans Ams or Formulas...more specifically red Ws.6s and black Formulas like the ones in my sig..
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TNTramair
good ol fashion crackdown...just like here in philly. lol. Trespassing tickets??? man, you guys got off easy....here in philly everyone gets drag racing tickets...$290 bucks and 6 points on your license.
We were caught in my buddies 01' Bullitt Mustang. Four of us were in the car, parked on the side, and were issued "Participation in drag racing tickets". My buddy had to pay the $290 and gopt 6 points. We were in the clear as passengers. Sad part is, a guy in an 18 wheeler trying to do his job was attempting to pass through but was stopped while a race was flagged. He got fined even though he was trying to drive down Delaware Ave. Funny ****.

This was probably 6? years ago when they had that BIG bust there. We all were trapped in on both ends, couldn't go anywhere. The only drag racing we participate in now is at the dragstrip, unless you get a quick stoplight race with a Mustang or something

Andy
Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand the concern for safety in street racing. Lets be real though, Philadelphia has one of the worst murder problems right now, but lets crack down on illegal street racing. I could really care less about it either, I do it maybe a handful of times a year. I would imagine there are bigger problems though.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Teching In

The problem is that the York City police department cant solve their own crimes in the city and drugs in town,they go after people that are out there just to hang out and make up the excuse of drag racing.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

if i ever got a ticket for just WATCHING a race, id fight the living hell out of it. i dont care if a lawyer would cost me more then the ticket, ill be god damned if some pig is going to try and ticket/fine me for standing on the sidewalk while OTHER people may or may not be doing something illegal.