Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Whats the law on shooting someone in your driveway?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever you do, make sure you DON'T shoot the car by accident!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zturd
Curious of this question due to both vehicles were broken into in my driveway saturday nite. Curious what the law states about shooting someone in your driveway??? Cutter where are you??? LOL! Not looking at shooting like killing someone but if I fire a high powered pellet gun its going to leave a serious mark or penetrate some. I dont want to be in a legal standpoint if so. However I do feel i need to do something if I happen to catch the F'er I want to be able to point and shoot out my window that the little F'er. Even if he still gets away i dont care as long as I hit him. I know its kids obviously due to they only ripped the care apart for change, didnt really take much else. Didn't bother with cell phone chargers, radios, cd's etc.
Holy crap! it must of been the same SOB's that hit my Neighborhood last wed 11:00 pm wife and I crashed at 10:30....... woke up and !!!!! The other guys and I want to sit up in one of our garages and catch 'em, but they will probably never come back. Just took CD's and loose change. hit like 15 cars that night.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember, in the laws eyes if you escalate the force above what the other party has done you are screwed. Using a pellet , bb or paintball gun will most prob have the cops on your doorstep. Anytime force is used it must be to stop the threat. shooting to warn them, shooting to wound, anything except stoping the threat is a crime. This is true for both cops and non cops. There are many cops in jail or lost their civil cases because they did not answer the "Why did you do (X)" with anything other that to stop the threat. If there is no threat to you, then your response must follow, and depending on your state laws property rights vary. In Mass you dont have too many.

Just think if little johny dirtbag comes home with a wound of any type, his story will be this guy did (X) to me for no reason, i was just walking by. parents get involved, and you are the bad guy.

I think the best approach is a camera, get a photo and press charges.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

I agree with BillS
Old 02-28-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

get a high power rifle with blanks in it. then get a laser scope that shows up on the target. start aiming where they can see and let off a few rounds...i think that would be enough to keep them away...if not...damn.....they are badasses for coming back
Old 02-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
get a high power rifle with blanks in it. then get a laser scope that shows up on the target. start aiming where they can see and let off a few rounds...i think that would be enough to keep them away...if not...damn.....they are badasses for coming back
LOL...Yea definetly don't shoot them, ull end in jail.....I like the paintball gun idea....you can buy paintballs with pepper spray in them....Light em' up with a few of those thatll chok em up a bit
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM

you like dogs? maybe you should look into one ..

.. we had a dobie .. no one fucked around near our house ..
Old 02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Honestly, setting up a security camera may be the best idea. Yeah, I'd want to shoot them, but the fact of the matter is that in the end that is the worst thing you could do. They're kids and you're a grown man; don't hurt them unless you NEED to.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
just shoot his *** and drag em into your house...problem solved...

+1 and make sure you dont shoot him in the back......

if they are in your house they are considered a threat.... not necessarily on your property
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

bean back guns i hear are extremely painfull.....
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

get a motion sensor with a spot light....if that doesnt work then shoot a potato gun at them or what Dskeet6 says with the bean bags out of a 4/10 shot gun
Old 02-28-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by giant016
Honestly, setting up a security camera may be the best idea. Yeah, I'd want to shoot them, but the fact of the matter is that in the end that is the worst thing you could do. They're kids and you're a grown man; don't hurt them unless you NEED to.
nah that's dumb unless u light up the whole front yard even then, what's a picture of some kids breaking into your cars gonna do. cops don't give a **** and they will worry about other things besides a break in. unless it's a small town i'm sure they get quite a few calls in one night about breakins. you'll get the picture, but if they are kids they won't have even have a record yet. so what are you gonna end up with then? a picture of the criminals to add to your photo collection and your **** has still been stolen, missing, and you had no fun ******* with them
Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should get a Caucasian Mountain Dog. They're cute, fuzzy, and will rip an intruders arm off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwYxR...eature=related

Old 02-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by eastcoastbumps
You should get a Caucasian Mountain Dog. They're cute, fuzzy, and will rip an intruders arm off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwYxR...eature=related

HAHAHA DUDE IF THAT DOG DOESNT DO THE TRICK I DONT THING ANYTHING WILL!!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I watched a bunch of videos of that dog from the link. HOLY FOCK!!!!!!! That'll leave a mark!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

you can get a pellet gun like mine. It even fires more than one pellet at a time

Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Those dogs are bad ***!!! but one of them would eat a teenager let alone a couple of them, then it would have to be put to sleep, well if it ate them then maybe there would be eveidence to charge anyone.
I still agree about a spot light and camera.....
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
jfm
10 Second Club

Perfectly legal to double tap each of them with a .22 in the head[behind the ear is a very good spot].Of course you have to bury them in your yard.

Quick Reply: Whats the law on shooting someone in your driveway?