Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2008 QTP EFI Race Series at Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tektrans
I'd like to see the turbo TA in the race. Doesn't bother me that it's a second faster one bit. Every year the cars have been getting faster and faster and having a mid 8sec car there would be Great for the series as a whole, imo.

Show up Fireball and I'll run a grudge race with you.
I'll get you on the tree and we'll see if you can drive around me.
Don't need a muffler for that.
As long as I don't break in memphis, its my plan to at least make some TNT laps
Old 10-03-2008, 07:40 AM
9 Second Club

ok then, see you there.
We'll line up. Bring your lunch money!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 AM
9 Second Club

You can run in TNT and also in the EFI Slick tire class (but that is full tree).

Best bet is run TNT and let them know you want a pro tree. They will put you in a different lane and you will write it on your car. If you are going to pair up with tektrans just work it out with the staging lane guy.

I will see you in Memphis though
Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by REDGAR
You can run in TNT and also in the EFI Slick tire class (but that is full tree).

Best bet is run TNT and let them know you want a pro tree. They will put you in a different lane and you will write it on your car. If you are going to pair up with tektrans just work it out with the staging lane guy.

I will see you in Memphis though
no interest in bracket racing haha...probably would burn up my trans sitting on the t-brake if I was running against a 12 second car
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fireball
I assume every car in competition will have a 2-chamber muffler under there right...Don't be surprised if I poke my head under some cars...if thats the rule, I'd expect 100% enforcement
Believe me e-town is pretty harsh on the muffler requirements. My friend had bullets on his car last year and they wouldn't let him run. He put flowmasters on it and now its ok. I sware its louder but its what e-town requires
Old 10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01blackz28
Believe me e-town is pretty harsh on the muffler requirements. My friend had bullets on his car last year and they wouldn't let him run. He put flowmasters on it and now its ok. I sware its louder but its what e-town requires
Thats not what I'm talking about...but we'll see
Old 10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

could someone possibly answer my question is this event for just lsx cars or any gm efi car?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club

Any gm efi. My brother has a FI '79 'camaro and he races in the bracket class.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright cuz im thinkin about doin this if i get a new clutch in by then ill be runnin wat i hav now along wit a 100 shot wat class would that be and wat r the requirements
Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM
9 Second Club

Gotta be NHRA legal for whatever times you run. That and a CHAMBERED MUFFLER, haha
If you have nitrous there are additional rules so I would call the track m-f 9-5 and check exactly what those are.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok thanx for that help
Old 10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I assume every car in competition will have a 2-chamber muffler under there right...Don't be surprised if I poke my head under some cars...if thats the rule, I'd expect 100% enforcement

To answer your question, its not about the win/lose to me...quite frankly, I just like having someone in the other lane racing pro-tree since I use it as a chance to learn something every lap. Turbo cars have nuiances that can't be simulated making a solopass (which is what usually happens since most Test and tune cars don't run protree)

You've never participated with this event until now, and it's been nothin but complaining. You have a serious attitude problem and all your posts prove it. If you decide to make the event, please stop by and say hello. Your someone I've got to meet.

In the meantime please find another thread to complain in. This one was just fine before you came into it.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

fireball has asked some questions and to tell you the truth, I would have answered it differently as I did not know about the muffler rule as I, like many, presumed it is the E'town rule. I could have sworn we had talked about Major or Maloney coming over to run QT8; in fact I worked real hard to get Maloney to stay for the last race without knowing. He did not stay. As you know both these cars are turbos with no mufflers and are allowed to run at E'town any time. I think some have been a little harsh on fireball.

z28rob18 yes it is any gm efi but not sure you know the stuture as we tend to talk about quicktime 8 mostly which not only has to be gm efi but also and LS based motor.

Four classes
Bracket 1 is full tree bracket for quicker cars with gm body and efi any tire..all run
Bracket 2 is full tree bracket for slower cars with gm body and efi any tire...all run
Slick Tire is full tree bracket for any gm body and efi with SLICK tires only...all run
Quick Time 8 is heads up pro tree for any gm body efi car with LS based motor only...only 8 can qualify
Old 10-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tektrans
Gotta be NHRA legal for whatever times you run. That and a CHAMBERED MUFFLER, haha
If you have nitrous there are additional rules so I would call the track m-f 9-5 and check exactly what those are.
When I called about the nitrous for pinks they told me that the car had to have all the nhra requires stuff, blowdown tube, proper fire jacket, standard stuff that every track requires.

There wasn't anything that was needed outside the ordinary stuff.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
You've never participated with this event until now, and it's been nothin but complaining. You have a serious attitude problem and all your posts prove it. If you decide to make the event, please stop by and say hello. Your someone I've got to meet.

In the meantime please find another thread to complain in. This one was just fine before you came into it.
1- car was apart for last 2 years...
2- I ran in the first GM EFI series before QTP took it over (back when baxter was racing)....you probably didn't even have an LS1 back then
3- This thread was DEAD
4- Rules aren't clear...even Redgar wasn't sure
5- Best figure out what you are talking about before criticizing me

Last edited by Fireball; 10-03-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 PM
8 Second Club

1- car was apart for last 2 years...
2- I ran in the first GM EFI series before QTP took it over (back when baxter was racing)....you probably didn't even have an LS1 back then
3- This thread was DEAD
4- Rules aren't clear...even Redgar wasn't sure
5- Best figure out what you are talking about before criticizing me
Man your making such a huge deal out of a muffler.... You own a fab shop throw a muffler on that bitch stop your crying and come racing...... I don't mint getting beat up by a turbo car.....
Old 10-04-2008, 06:42 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
When I called about the nitrous for pinks they told me that the car had to have all the nhra requires stuff, blowdown tube, proper fire jacket, standard stuff that every track requires.

There wasn't anything that was needed outside the ordinary stuff.
Yeah that's because you're running the number.
If you have nitrous and are running slower than-what is it now?- 11.50? you're still required to have a fire jacket even though your times usually wouldn't require it.
That's what I meant by that. As far as I know this is the first year that was put in place.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28
Man your making such a huge deal out of a muffler.... You own a fab shop throw a muffler on that bitch stop your crying and come racing...... I don't mint getting beat up by a turbo car.....
WTF...I gave up on the muffler issue days ago...already said I'm coming for TNT only...but I did say I hope everyone there has legal mufflers...
Old 10-04-2008, 06:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

pretty sure you have to run a firejacket regardless how fast you are when you are spraying the funny juice
Old 10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

fire jacket and legal blow down tube, that is what I was told