Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Question On Transporting My Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question On Transporting My Car

I'm looking to take my car to Rapid Motorsports in late June or July and I'd like to use an enclosed car trailer to take it up. I live in WV and was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to rent a trailer or what?? I sent my info to LSX Transport but never heard anything back...been over a week now. I dont know if it'd be cheaper to have a transport company haul it up or rent a trailer and do it myself with fuel prices the way they are?? I just kinda hate putting my car in someone elses hands to take up.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Cheaper to have a bonded auto transport carrier do it.... WJ
Old 04-12-2008, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

I shipped my car to Florida from Philly to get my engine swap done. It cost me 430 bucks each way. I use a site called uship.com. You put up what you want shipped and the terms you want and you get bids from owner operators. So my 240sx with no engine full of parts went in a closed trailer, insured and was there in 3 days.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

you can rent trailer's but you'll have to look locally I don't know were you can in wv. I know were to locally here but it's not worth it for you to run here to get one.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

did you PM Pete from LSX Transport??
Old 04-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
did you PM Pete from LSX Transport??
No I didnt pm him....whats his user id and ill shoot him a pm?? I just thought it might be cheaper to rent one...i work in sales at a dealership down here so i can get a truck to pull it most likely.

I would really rather use an enclosed trailer, but what do u guys think about an open trailer and just covering the car up??...its like ~400+ miles one way to take it up tho. I just prefer it enclosed so nothing can really happen to it u know
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might want to try to do it locally, maybe even drive it up and fly home with fuel prices like they are now its not going to be cheap for transport companies to travel outside their local areas
Old 04-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Well i pm''d silverghost about transporting my car and he said lsx transport is going out of business....its not really that far to take it up, but its not that close either for where i wanna take my car (WV to rapid motorsports in birdsboro, pa). I think Chef said to drive it up but my car only has 2100 miles on it and i really dont see putting 800+ miles on it driving up and back....well ****, this sux!!!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UGOTWS6D
No I didnt pm him....whats his user id and ill shoot him a pm?? I just thought it might be cheaper to rent one...i work in sales at a dealership down here so i can get a truck to pull it most likely.

I would really rather use an enclosed trailer, but what do u guys think about an open trailer and just covering the car up??...its like ~400+ miles one way to take it up tho. I just prefer it enclosed so nothing can really happen to it u know

His user id is bspz28

I got a quote from him yesterday and he didnt mention anything about going out of business.