Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads...Another New One..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well yes and no. I can afford the car by all means. I'd like to START on an rx7 project but that wouldnt happen with what im paying now on the current car. Of course id have a $500 beater while this was happeneing, i was thinking it was implied, sorry!

I guess im pretty much just useing gas as a scapegoat
Old 08-11-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I almost picked up an '01 WS6 today.. but some vette *** traded in his black C6 just before I got there

I was driving in Pensacola yesterday when I saw a white WS6 with polished TT2s sitting at a Nissan stealership. I went online and found it to be an 01 A4 with 46k and they were asking like 14.2k for it, i dont know what was done to it though. I was either going to bring the SS back with me this weekend after i went home, or just buy it now and swap the parts from the SS on it and sell the SS stock.. but the damn vette homo beat me to it
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Pharm0r dont you live on oceana and chris your pay is different bc you get sea pay.he doesnt get sea pay. the hobby shop on oceana will rape you in storage fees for a long term project.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont get sea pay anymore...but I was only talking about his base pay Frankie. Look up his base pay as an E3 and multiply it by 12, and you get like 19k. he said he was only getting 14k, but you dont get 5k in taxes taken out when you only make that much money. The govt isnt taking 1/4 of your paycheck each year...
Old 08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by texasglock23
If anyone can help change a tierod end on a 2001 Corolla please PM me.
Anyone?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
I dont get sea pay anymore...but I was only talking about his base pay Frankie. Look up his base pay as an E3 and multiply it by 12, and you get like 19k. he said he was only getting 14k, but you dont get 5k in taxes taken out when you only make that much money. The govt isnt taking 1/4 of your paycheck each year...
no **** your not gettin seapay anymore. he was on deployment for most of last year. thats why his W-2 only says 14K.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Frankie, don't try and be a smart ***. You're the one who said I got sea pay which is why my pay is different. my pay is different bc I make more base pay, been in longer, get bah, bas, and sdap. And even if he was on deployment for most of last year his w-2 would say something different than 14k.

When i was on deployment from Jan-Jul, my w-2 said 12,602.69 (I just checked MyPay). So, him being a lower rank, making less money, wouldn't his W2 list his wages as less than mine? Yep. So, when he said his said 14k, he couldn't have been looking at one that reflected being in a tax free zone.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:15 PM
12 Second Truck Club

chirs the Truman pulled out in the forth quarter of 07 IIRC and came back towards the end of the second quarter so his W-2 would be slighty higher then yours bc you were fax free much longer then he was. your W-2 would say more in general E-3 to E-3 because sea pay is tax able income which young CTTSN get not AN in an F/A-18 squadron.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont get sea pay............. havent got it for over 5 yrs now...... it will prob be 10 yrs before i even get it again................

Does that Count???
Old 08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

THE **** IT ISNT!

by the way, 258 bucks EACH MONTH alone comes out of my paycheck to go twords "food". The money goes straight to the galley im spose to be eating at. I dont get any of it back. 130 in federal tax, and 104 in soc. sec.

actually here is straight from my LES:

E3 w/ 2 years service

total entitled = 1990.03
total deducted = 1265.26
total alloted = 100 (to my savings account)
net amount = 624 first of month and 633 mid month.

ok, so assuming i get that every month....that is 1257 per month. multiply by 12 and i get around 15k a year. Ohhh just a bit better than 14 k =] whooohoo....

on the plus side, I believe im 5 grand above the virginia poverty level

Last edited by Pharm0r; 08-12-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh 10 yrs left today....... till i Retire....... from this job.....
Old 08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
THE **** IT ISNT!

by the way, 254 bucks EACH MONTH alone comes out of my paycheck to go twords "food". The money goes straight to the galley im spose to be eating at. I dont get any of it back. My take home every two weeks or so is right around 600

Holy CRAP....

I pull 3 times that
Old 08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

by the way, 258 bucks EACH MONTH alone comes out of my paycheck to go twords "food". The money goes straight to the galley im spose to be eating at.
Everyone who has access to a galley or a ship usually doesn't get comrats (BAS). I just started getting my BAS since i transferred to recruiting and am on independent duty now.

Do you get sea pay or anything? Flight deck pay? Thats what you need to get, up that paycheck some.

I made just over $4200 per month before taxes when I was on the ship. That was with $380 of sea pay. Now i lost my sea pay, but get $450 SDAP for being a recruiter, and i keep my BAS and my BAH goes up $200. Bad thing is all my bills went up too so im not seeing any extra money
Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Holy CRAP....

I pull 3 times that
You make more than 3 times that, because i make 3 times that and you make more than me. Quit being so modest
Old 08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
12 Second Truck Club

THE **** IT ISNT!

by the way, 258 bucks EACH MONTH alone comes out of my paycheck to go twords "food". The money goes straight to the galley im spose to be eating at. I dont get any of it back. 130 in federal tax, and 104 in soc. sec.

actually here is straight from my LES:

E3 w/ 2 years service

total entitled = 1990.03
total deducted = 1265.26
total alloted = 100 (to my savings account)
net amount = 624 first of month and 633 mid month.

ok, so assuming i get that every month....that is 1257 per month. multiply by 12 and i get around 15k a year. Ohhh just a bit better than 14 k =] whooohoo....

on the plus side, I believe im 5 grand above the virginia poverty level
but if you move out the barracks you qualify for low income housing
Old 08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Everyone who has access to a galley or a ship usually doesn't get comrats (BAS). I just started getting my BAS since i transferred to recruiting and am on independent duty now.

Do you get sea pay or anything? Flight deck pay? Thats what you need to get, up that paycheck some.

I made just over $4200 per month before taxes when I was on the ship. That was with $380 of sea pay. Now i lost my sea pay, but get $450 SDAP for being a recruiter, and i keep my BAS and my BAH goes up $200. Bad thing is all my bills went up too so im not seeing any extra money
at Oceana we only get base pay nothing else. and one problem had when i was living on base is that the galley was never open during my awake hours bc i worked nights. they only served breakfast, lunch, and dinner no mid rats which means nights and mids people had to eat out in town and buy there own food. it wasnt until right before i left that we found an intrustion that said we could get BAS but it almost impossible to get signed bc the chief that does it is never there.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I dont get sea pay............. havent got it for over 5 yrs now...... it will prob be 10 yrs before i even get it again................

Does that Count???
i was in the navy for 5 years. ive been on 2 different class of ship and 3 different ships my sea counter is at 9 months 10 days.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

only when we are depolyed on the ship. so i get it for 6 months out of...what...every 2/3 years or so? When we were deployed I made about 800 every two weeks.

Originally Posted by steeltoe
at Oceana we only get base pay nothing else. and one problem had when i was living on base is that the galley was never open during my awake hours bc i worked nights. they only served breakfast, lunch, and dinner no mid rats which means nights and mids people had to eat out in town and buy there own food. it wasnt until right before i left that we found an intrustion that said we could get BAS but it almost impossible to get signed bc the chief that does it is never there.
actually that is my delima now. I work nights, and as a matter of fact i routed my chit yesterday for BAS.

If it isnt obvious already, I will not be staying with the military. Still young enough to go back to collage (im 21 and get out in november of next year) plus they just upped the GI bill to 80k+ and you get e5 BAH (adjusted for area) as long as you're a full time student. So now it's simple math. GI bill > Active duty. i guess if i totally fail at life on the outside ill grab my degree and come back to the navy as an officer...will still make pennies compared to civilian...but at least my pennies will be a bit more shinyer than the enlisteds!

Last edited by Pharm0r; 08-13-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 AM
12 Second Truck Club

only when we are depolyed on the ship. so i get it for 6 months out of...what...every 2/3 years or so? When we were deployed I made about 800 every two weeks.

actually that is my delima now. I work nights, and as a matter of fact i routed my chit yesterday for BAS.

If it isnt obvious already, I will not be staying with the military. Still young enough to go back to collage (im 21 and get out in november of next year) plus they just upped the GI bill to 80k+ and you get e5 BAH (adjusted for area) as long as you're a full time student. So now it's simple math. GI bill > Active duty. i guess if i totally fail at life on the outside ill grab my degree and come back to the navy as an officer...will still make pennies compared to civilian...but at least my pennies will be a bit more shinyer than the enlisteds!
you need to hunt that chief down at the galley. if its the same one that was there when i was he doesnt like to sign those chits bc he loses money. BAS is non taxable so you will make good chunk more money. im so pissed the new GI Bill doesnt start paying out until next year. new GI Bill+ unemployment= ill be living the good life. but next august it will start paying out to me and ill get back pay yay.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:46 AM
TECH Junkie

will still make pennies compared to civilian...but at least my pennies will be a bit more shinyer than the enlisteds!
You actually make more than alot of civilians if you look at the big picture. Take in all you're entitlements and pay and you make more than most people. But I know where you're coming from. Everyone is like that when they're a young E-2 or E-3. Once you move up though and get more time in, you start to live pretty comfortable. I do plan on getting out though after my shore tour is up, so I understand what you're saying.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads...Another New One..