Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

JRE Track Rental Sept. 19th LOOKING GREAT!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thechef
It was a great day for racing for sure, i really got a bug to race my car now i think i am gonna get to the track during the next month a couple of times and get some badly needed seat time, with both the new MT ET Drag radials i just bought and the slicks.
Time to see what my 96k mile ws6 has got left in her
That's pretty funny about the spark plug. Jay and I looked all over for that thing at the top end of the track but it was just nowhere to be found. It definitely was a great day. Glad I convinced Ron to come out to.

I'm definitely curious to see how your car does, Chef. Are you gonna run it on motor on the radials and nitrous on the slicks or mix it up? I can't imagine those radials will hold up to the nitrous well, but it should still fly. I'm especially curious to see how it does if you run it on motor on those radials.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a plan, Chef! Nothing will make you want to go racing more than going to the track without your car, lol.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Sounds like a plan, Chef! Nothing will make you want to go racing more than going to the track without your car, lol.
nah i have been going for years without it cus usually when i do go i break it...lol

i am going to get some seat time and have some fun, just got to set some $$$ aside which has been tight lately
Old 09-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If I know chef, he's gonna put the slicks on the night ebfore and we'll get his car loaded up on my trailer, take the car up, probably make one motor hit to make sure the car's leaving right, then we're spraying that bitch LOL

The question is, will he get another run after the first nitrous pass.... I'm gonna guess they're gonna tell him to slow down, or go home LOL. After that it will be another motor pass, then for the last run (figuring on LVD being typical and only getting about 4 runs in on a saturday) we're spraying it again, and they'll tell him to pack it up.

But, that's just a guess
Old 09-20-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
If I know chef, he's gonna put the slicks on the night ebfore and we'll get his car loaded up on my trailer, take the car up, probably make one motor hit to make sure the car's leaving right, then we're spraying that bitch LOL

The question is, will he get another run after the first nitrous pass.... I'm gonna guess they're gonna tell him to slow down, or go home LOL. After that it will be another motor pass, then for the last run (figuring on LVD being typical and only getting about 4 runs in on a saturday) we're spraying it again, and they'll tell him to pack it up.

But, that's just a guess
Old 09-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Knowing what the BS machine did and what his car weigh's and makes for power, and once you've got yours retuned what it should make (being that it was what 440 at the magazine shoot so figure around that #, that # being abotu 50 hp more then the BS machines' car) and the fact that yours has got to weigh about 100 lbs less then his does...... I can say that a 12.1 to 11.8 n/a should be possible and I don't think that's even a stretch.... then you hit it with another 100 hp after that, pretty much standard gains I have seen from a 100 shot on these cars is about .75 of a second and 10 mph.

that's probably real close to an 11.0, if things go better then expected which is possible, there very well coulld be a 10 second run.