Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll say this. Dallas does have the potential talent to be exceptionally good, but they just don't have one "Leader" in the whole group. If Jerry Jones would wise up and clean house with the coaching staff, they might have a chance. Until then, I don't know.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I can't wait to see the tears streaming down T.O.'s face at the post-game press conference.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
I'll say this. Dallas does have the potential talent to be exceptionally good, but they just don't have one "Leader" in the whole group. If Jerry Jones would wise up and clean house with the coaching staff, they might have a chance. Until then, I don't know.
They've had good teams on paper for a few years now...they just can't put it together.

325Trooper, so much for them being the Giants of last year Like I said...delusional....
Old 12-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Restricted User

Ok I guess it's time for me to admit the truth.

I was wrong. I said Philly would beat Dallas.

But Philly didn't beat Dallas.

They DISMANTLED Dallas!

I'm still finding it hard to believe, but that's the game. I fully expected Philly to win...by 3. This is insane. Congrats to Philly fans, and to Dallas fans - better luck next year. Can't wait to start hearing your championship talk again in august.

But then what am I talking about, I "don't know the game of football"!

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Well you have my respect, sir. I never expected to see you back here after this game. I applaud your ability to swallow your pride and jump right back in the ring.

That said, I agree with just about everything quoted above. Except I assert that it is Jerry Jones who needs to go. It's because of him that Dallas has been worthless this decade, and as long as he owns the team, they will remain the inconsistent team they have been. Obviously JJ isn't going anywhere, so I agree that getting rid of Phillips and Garrett might be the best course of action. Phillips isn't the hard hand that a team full of big shots needs. However, I don't think you will find a hard hand in the league right now that's willing to coach on Jerry Jones' team. This brings me back to my original statement, that JJ is the Cowboys real problem.

Enough about Dallas.

How about Philly tonight? With a performance like that, I start rethinking my assertion that they won't go anywhere in the playoffs. They've been hot as of late, and this game was a huge performance when they needed exactly that. Now they play Minnesota...whom they definitely have the edge against in almost all facets of the game, and if they win there, then who's left? Carolina and NYG. Well they've beaten NYG already, so that leaves Carolina as the only real big question mark in their path.

I still find it hard to believe that they'll make it. But maybe they are the Giants of this season.

Last edited by Blakbird24; 12-28-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from the game. Probably one of the best sporting events I have attended. I was on the Dallas sideline, 35 yard line, 20th row. Badass seats and a whole lot of T.O. chants going on haha.

Good times. Go Birds!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Wholy ****** ****!!!!! everyone hear that... (((crickets))) ....Dallas fans packed it in and have nothing else to say. Patriot, i applaud you for having the gonads to come back in here after that dismal performance.

unbelievable how everything fell into place today. watching the Oakland/tampa bay game it wasnt lookin good when tampa when up 10 but than the stupid bucs fans had to put up that sign askin us for help to get them in the playoffs and the announcer said, "you need to win this game first..." it was all down hill from there.

Thankyou Houston!!! thankyou Oakland!!! and most important, thankyou TO and company for once again prooving your worth.....merry ****** Christmas!!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Brett Favre still sucks. That old bastard needs to stay in retirement. Jets Jets Jets suck suck suck. They screwed the patriots today. Im so pissed.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
325Trooper, so much for them being the Giants of last year Like I said...delusional....
That's easy to say a month and a half after the fact. I compared them to the Giants team of "November" 2007. And it was a fair comparison. I don't recall saying they were going to win the superbowl like the Giants did. Matter of fact, I haven't even said they were going to the playoffs. They never played well enough for me to make that prediction. I didn't think Dallas was going to win yesterday after they rolled over in the last game played at Texas stadium. My props to the Eagles, but you personify the typical Eagles fan with no loyalty I was talking about with your comments from one week ago lol

What an absolute pathetic showing yesterday. Can we please get rid of Reid, PLEASE? Jesus H Christ
Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

What a showing by "America's Team"!! Where did all the Cowboys homers go? Hmm, I thought they would be all over this thread at the end of the season??? I'm confused, aren't they still the odds on favorites to make it to the super bowl, and win???

Go Eagles!!! I predicted a 35-17 win a few weeks ago, then after the Redskins game, I predicted a 2-3 loss. Our D is nasty again!!!

Dawkins FTMFW!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dankl
Dawkins FTMFW!!!!
Well put. He's a beast for sure!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 325trooper
That's easy to say a month and a half after the fact. I compared them to the Giants team of "November" 2007. And it was a fair comparison. I don't recall saying they were going to win the superbowl like the Giants did. Matter of fact, I haven't even said they were going to the playoffs. They never played well enough for me to make that prediction. I didn't think Dallas was going to win yesterday after they rolled over in the last game played at Texas stadium. My props to the Eagles, but you personify the typical Eagles fan with no loyalty I was talking about with your comments from one week ago lol
Nice backtrack, face it...they're a choke artist team. If they were the Giants of '07 then that means they would've AT LEAST made the playoffs. Like I said, they were and are nothing like the Giants. I'm a typical Eagles fan? How so? I STILL don't like Andy Reid, I STILL think he's a horrible coach and a HORRIBLE play caller. If I was a "typical" Eagles fan I'd be up Reid's *** saying how great he is. Nothing will ever make me like Reid, not even if they win a SB.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice backtrack, face it...they're a choke artist team.
Backtrack what? All I ever said is they weren't "finished". And until yesterday, they weren't (in my mind they were after the Ravens game). I never said they were a great team. I never said they were going to be the champions. I never said they would make the playoffs. You keep failing at trying to put words in my mouth.

If they were the Giants of '07 then that means they would've AT LEAST made the playoffs.
What part of "November 2007" do you not understand? At the time, even you said they had a chance.

Like I said, they were and are nothing like the Giants.
Six weeks ago, yes they were.

I'm a typical Eagles fan? How so? I STILL don't like Andy Reid, I STILL think he's a horrible coach and a HORRIBLE play caller. If I was a "typical" Eagles fan I'd be up Reid's *** saying how great he is. Nothing will ever make me like Reid, not even if they win a SB.
So are you going on the record as saying he should be canned today, right now? I think not.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dankl
I predicted a 35-17 win a few weeks ago, then after the Redskins game, I predicted a 2-3 loss.
So you fail at predictions. I hope you don't have a gambling habit.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

So are you going on the record as saying he should be canned today, right now? I think not.
Where did I say he should be fired? I said I don't like him and that he's a horrible coach. I'm not in Eagles management, they make the decisions not me. If it was up to me he would've been gone a few years ago.

Ok so for a "month" they were like the Giants So I guess every other team out there that strung together some wins were "just like the Giants" right?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Where did I say he should be fired? I said I don't like him and that he's a horrible coach.
It goes without saying that makes no sense. Hell, I'm not an Eagles fan and I think he's a decent coach.

Ok so for a "month" they were like the Giants
Are you trying to say that in November 2007 you knew the Giants would make the playoffs and win the Superbowl? If not, tell me the difference between the Nov '07 Giants and the Nov '08 Cowboys and why the Giants were so much better at that point in time.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Restricted User

Are you trying to say that in November 2007 you knew the Giants would make the playoffs and win the Superbowl? If not, tell me the difference between the Nov '07 Giants and the Nov '08 Cowboys and why the Giants were so much better at that point in time.
Dude, you're an A1 top-of-the-line moron.

This is classic...for weeks you tell me and others we are wrong when we say that Dallas will not make the playoffs...now that we've been proven right, you're in here trying to say you never said it. Save your breath and go somewhere else. You looked like an idiot before, now you have nothing at all to stand on.

Bottom line - I (and others) told you a month ago Dallas wouldn't make it. You said we were wrong. Now we've been proven right and you've been proven wrong. Hear that? You were WRONG.

End of story.

Oh and you can't compare a team to the 07-08 Giants unless that team wins the super bowl. MAYBE Philly will fit that bill this year...MAYBE.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

if your not in philly and dont follow Eagles football than you'd think Reid was a decent coach from what ESPN reports all the time. you need to watch the games to understand. he's a horrible play caller and has a hard time understanding that throwing the ball 75% of the time will not allways work out. he refuses grasp the concept of needing a #1 receiver and for someone who throws the ball as much as he does, it baffles me. he also needs to learn to run buckhalter more to give Westbrook a break once in awile, maybe he wouldnt come up hurt every other game.

i dunno why you guys are argueing about the Giants of 07 or the Cowgirls of 03-06...who cares...this is the Eagles of 08 and if what happened yesterday doesnt show you that they are destined to do something, i dunno what will. we're in..and thats all we need...its a whole new season. Minnesota here we come!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Dude, you're an A1 top-of-the-line moron.
Big man behind the computer, aren't you? Coward.

This is classic...for weeks you tell me and others we are wrong when we say that Dallas will not make the playoffs
Oh really now? Tell me what reply # it is where I said Dallas would make the playoffs. I'll be waiting for an answer.

Bottom line - I (and others) told you a month ago Dallas wouldn't make it. You said we were wrong. Now we've been proven right and you've been proven wrong. Hear that? You were WRONG.
Oh really now? The only thing I said you were wrong about is that they were 'finished". And you were wrong. They were not "finished" six weeks ago, they were finished yesterday.

Oh and you can't compare a team to the 07-08 Giants unless that team wins the super bowl. MAYBE Philly will fit that bill this year...MAYBE.
Obviously reading comprehension isn't pushed in schools in the northeast. Let's see if you can make an attempt to answer this question.......

Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TNTramair
if your not in philly and dont follow Eagles football than you'd think Reid was a decent coach from what ESPN reports all the time. you need to watch the games to understand. he's a horrible play caller and has a hard time understanding that throwing the ball 75% of the time will not allways work out. he refuses grasp the concept of needing a #1 receiver and for someone who throws the ball as much as he does, it baffles me. he also needs to learn to run buckhalter more to give Westbrook a break once in awile, maybe he wouldnt come up hurt every other game.
I didn't say he was a Hall of Fame coach. His play calling obviously isn't the best. But you can't look at the last 10 years and say he isn't decent.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

the differance would be that the Giants made the playoffs and won a couple games...the Cowgirls, not so much.