Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
the differance would be that the Giants made the playoffs and won a couple games...the Cowgirls, not so much.
That isn't an answer. Try reading every sentence of my reply. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Restricted User

You want a play-by-play? Here it is, with proof:

Here, on 11-24-08, I said Dallas is finished. I knew at that point they couldn't make the playoffs.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10541461-post75.html

...and here's where you tell me I "don't know the game of football".

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10541503-post76.html

...and here's where you bury yourself even further.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10550512-post113.html

...and here's where I warn you that Dallas could finish 9-7 (hmm...look at that, right again).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10561718-post119.html

This one is so good I had to go ahead and post the text here.

Originally Posted by 325trooper
See, the difference between us is you are making predictions and I am posting a fact. When you make predictions with a quarter of the season left and teams a game apart in the standings, you tend to end up looking stupid. I could come in here with my head inflated like yours and predict Dallas will blow out Philly and call McNabb a homo and swear the Steelers will lose to Dallas because their defense isn't good enough like Steve Mariucci did yesterday. But I'm not going to to that. I'll just say my team isn't "finished". The good thing is there is no chance the ESPN will ever ask you for a job with your limited knowledge of the game.
It's almost like you can see the future...only you see the opposite of what actually happens.

You did post a fact...a fact that I knew would change by the start of the playoffs. Your team was finished even when you made this post, you just didn't know it yet.

BTW...ESPN called this morning...anybody know much about football analyst salaries? I want to go into this interview prepared.

Oh and just for fun, here's another post where I am right.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10665577-post139.html

See no one else in this thread sat here and argued with me like a dumbass. They all considered that I had a damn good point and could very likely be right. But you, unlike the rest, chose the super-biased fan route and blinded yourself to the facts. Ironically, the whole time you paraded around "stating facts", you were actually ignoring the facts that mattered. It didn't take a genius to look at the first meeting between Dallas and Philly and see that Philly lost that game on one play...and that Dallas was not at this point the same team that they were when they faced Philly in september...and that Philly was an EVEN BETTER team than the one that gave the game to Dallas in september. It wasn't hard to see what was going to happen. Though i'll admit, even I would have never expected the blowout that followed.

Big man behind the computer, aren't you? Coward.
Same could be said about you. You're behind a computer too.

Oh really now? The only thing I said you were wrong about is that they were 'finished". And you were wrong. They were not "finished" six weeks ago, they were finished yesterday.
Get over it...they were finished 6 weeks ago, you just refused to accept it. I'm not the only one who saw this.

Are you trying to say that in November 2007 you knew the Giants would make the playoffs and win the Superbowl? If not, tell me the difference between the Nov '07 Giants and the Nov '08 Cowboys and why the Giants were so much better at that point in time.
Nope, I didn't know in November 2007 that the Giants would make the super bowl. But I would have said then that they would make the playoffs, and once there, would be a force to be reckoned with.

The problem is that you want to look at teams on a week-by-week basis. You can't do that if you want to make accurate predictions. You have to look at the team itself...it's makeup...the players, coaches and their history. Looking at that, Dallas is NOTHING like NYG. NOTHING. That's why NYG was able to go from **** to champions. I knew Dallas couldn't do it. They are just not that kind of team. Dallas has problems that run deep, very deep...and until those problems are addressed, it's going to be this same result every year.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Ownage....just like the Cowgirls yesterday...

reading comprehension?? this is a car forums not english class...there's only one thing i needed to read and comprehend....the 44-6 score on my big lcd tv...k cupcake?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
You want a play-by-play? Here it is, with proof:

Here, on 11-24-08, I said Dallas is finished. I knew at that point they couldn't make the playoffs.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10541461-post75.html

...and here's where you tell me I "don't know the game of football".

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10541503-post76.html

...and here's where you bury yourself even further.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10550512-post113.html

...and here's where I warn you that Dallas could finish 9-7 (hmm...look at that, right again).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10561718-post119.html

This one is so good I had to go ahead and post the text here.
No where in there did I say dallas would make the playoffs. You just wasted your time coming up with all those links.

Same could be said about you. You're behind a computer too.
I'm behind one replying to insults from a coward such as yourself.

Nope, I didn't know in November 2007 that the Giants would make the super bowl. But I would have said then that they would make the playoffs, and once there, would be a force to be reckoned with.
LOL bullshit. You still have failed to tell me what the difference was and exactly what about the Nov '07 Giants caused you to supposedly believe they would make the playoffs and be a force.

The problem is that you want to look at teams on a week-by-week basis. You can't do that if you want to make accurate predictions. You have to look at the team itself...it's makeup...the players, coaches and their history. Looking at that, Dallas is NOTHING like NYG. NOTHING. That's why NYG was able to go from **** to champions. I knew Dallas couldn't do it. They are just not that kind of team. Dallas has problems that run deep, very deep...and until those problems are addressed, it's going to be this same result every year.
Six weeks ago nobody on this site, including you, would have predicted the Eagles, who were at the bottom of the NFC East, would have had the turnaround they have had. What you did was make a guess about Dallas. If they had one single more win we wouldn't be hearing from you. If you make a bunch of predictions, luck will allow you to make a right one every now and then. Then of course you'll make some wrong ones like when you said anyone who knows the game wouldn't pick dallas to beat the Giants You ain't exactly sitting at a 100% prediction rate, stud, so don't let your head get too swollen.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

Who won the game yesterday?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

reading comprehension?? this is a car forums not english class...there's only one thing i needed to read and comprehend....the 44-6 score on my big lcd tv...k cupcake?
In other words, you can't think of an answer. But of course we've already established that.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

^^Ownage....just like the Cowgirls yesterday...

He's right...you do suck at the English language. Sorry.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Restricted User

LOL bullshit. You still have failed to tell me what the difference was and exactly what about the Nov '07 Giants caused you to supposedly believe they would make the playoffs and be a force.
Nope, I told you exactly why I thought they would make the playoffs, and why I knew Dallas wouldn't. See...here:

Originally Posted by blakbird24
Six weeks ago nobody on this site, including you, would have predicted the Eagles, who were at the bottom of the NFC East, would have had the turnaround they have had.
That's true, I would not have predicted this. However, you should notice that I did not rule it out either, despite the fact that I did rule out the Cowboys making the playoffs.

What you did was make a guess about Dallas. If they had one single more win we wouldn't be hearing from you. If you make a bunch of predictions, luck will allow you to make a right one every now and then.
WOW.

Yes, you're right...I just guessed everything perfectly. I don't actually work for a living either, I just go to atlantic city every weekend and guess what number will come up on the roulette wheel.

At first I thought my A1 moron comment might be a bit harsh...but I take that thought back now. I really want to see how much farther you are going to dig that hole of yours.

Then of course you'll make some wrong ones like when you said anyone who knows the game wouldn't pick dallas to beat the Giants
Now you don't even know the difference between a prediction and advice!

I never predicted that NYG would win. I said you'd be stupid to pick Dallas in that game. ****...i've already addressed this, i'm not doing it again. Just work on your reading comprehension and stop pointing the finger at others.

I did say that whoever picked Dallas over the Giants in that game "didn't know the game of football" (notice I put that in quotes to honor the genius who said it first). Dallas winning last night doesn't change that. Would you say that the Texans beating the Titans means that anyone who picked the Texans to win was smart? No way. There are smart picks and there are gambles that pay off. Both these situations were the latter.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

Are you trying to say that in November 2007 you knew the Giants would make the playoffs and win the Superbowl? If not, tell me the difference between the Nov '07 Giants and the Nov '08 Cowboys and why the Giants were so much better at that point in time.
No, no one expected the Giants to do anything and THAT'S the difference. Everyone and their grandmother expected the Cowboys to not only make the playoffs but to make a SERIOUS run at a championship. The Giants came out of nowhere and shocked people. The Cowboys had expectations...and they certainly failed to live up to them.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope, I told you exactly why I thought they would make the playoffs, and why I knew Dallas wouldn't. See...here:
You're full of ****. In Nov '07 the Giants were playing like **** and everyone was calling for Manning to get benched and the coach to get fired. They showed you no propensity (look it up) to win the Superbowl. You're a liar.

That's true, I would not have predicted this. However, you should notice that I did not rule it out either, despite the fact that I did rule out the Cowboys making the playoffs.
You didn't say anything about the eagles. Because we weren't discussing them. They were playing worse than Dallas.

Yes, you're right...I just guessed everything perfectly.
Everything? No, not everything.

At first I thought my A1 moron comment might be a bit harsh...but I take that thought back now. I really want to see how much farther you are going to dig that hole of yours.
Dig what hole? I haven't made one prediction this entire thread.

Now you don't even know the difference between a prediction and advice!

I never predicted that NYG would win. I said you'd be stupid to pick Dallas in that game. ****...i've already addressed this, i'm not doing it again. Just work on your reading comprehension and stop pointing the finger at others.
What the hell does that mean? You said I would be stupid to pick dallas to beat the Giants, yet you didn't predict the Giants to win?? WTF? haha
Old 12-29-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
No, no one expected the Giants to do anything and THAT'S the difference.
Once again, reading comprehension is your friend. That reply makes no sense in respect to the question.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Restricted User

I'm not really sure what else I can say to pound the point home. You haven't gotten it yet, I don't think that's going to change with any amount of reasoning.

You're full of ****. In Nov '07 the Giants were playing like **** and everyone was calling for Manning to get benched and the coach to get fired. They showed you no propensity (look it up) to win the Superbowl. You're a liar.
You can call me anything you want. Problem is, the evidence is against you big time. I told you what would happen...it happened just like I said it would. Explain that anyway you want.

The worst part is that I even explained to you BEFOREHAND exactly how I came to my conclusions. You still want to call me a liar. Whatever.

You didn't say anything about the eagles. Because we weren't discussing them. They were playing worse than Dallas.
Goddamn dude...you've lost. Just walk away with the tiny shred of dignity you have left. No man should put himself through this embarrassment.

I've already posted it once, but since i'm entrenched in this futility show at this point, i'll do it again, this time in text:

Philly could very well make the playoffs at the expense of Dallas. They are no doubt a stronger team than the one that nearly beat Dallas in week 2. Remember it was a fumble by Philly that kept them from putting that game away with just over 3 minutes left. Wouldn't that be poetic justice.
What the hell does that mean? You said I would be stupid to pick dallas to beat the Giants, yet you didn't predict the Giants to win?? WTF? haha
Could someone else jump in and explain this to this guy? Apparently i'm not doing a sufficient enough job. I don't know how else to put it. I didn't say the Giants would win. You can clearly see that I didn't say the Giants would win. I said you'd be a fool to pick Dallas. See when you pick teams and there is money at stake, emotion is something you want to avoid using as criteria for your picks. Picking the Cowboys in that game would have been an emotional pick. NYG would have been the smart pick. That doesn't mean I was guaranteeing an NYG win, it just means that a smart person would not have picked Dallas to win.

How about now? You get it now? You sit here and pound on others for reading comprehension, yet you are the one who can't comprehend what i'm trying to spell out to you.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can call me anything you want. Problem is, the evidence is against you big time. I told you what would happen...it happened just like I said it would. Explain that anyway you want.
I never said you were wrong when you said Dallas would not make the playoffs. I never claimed they would make the playoffs. You were wrong when you said they were finished with a third of the season left to play. They were in fact not finished.

The worst part is that I even explained to you BEFOREHAND exactly how I came to my conclusions. You still want to call me a liar. Whatever.
You lied when you said than in Nov '07 you believed the Giants would make the playoffs and be a force.

Goddamn dude...you've lost. Just walk away with the tiny shred of dignity you have left. No man should put himself through this embarrassment.
Lost what, exactly?

Could someone else jump in and explain this to this guy? Apparently i'm not doing a sufficient enough job. I don't know how else to put it. I didn't say the Giants would win. You can clearly see that I didn't say the Giants would win. I said you'd be a fool to pick them.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Restricted User

I never said you were wrong when you said Dallas would not make the playoffs. I never claimed they would make the playoffs. You were wrong when you said they were finished with a third of the season left to play. They were in fact not finished.
At this point, you have completely lost this argument and have nothing left to stand on. You just keep repeating what you've already said. I've already addressed all of this, you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

Dallas was finished when I said they were. You just didn't know it yet. I went through my reasons then, I re-stated them today. Those have not changed and will not change. You can call me a liar all you want, the evidence is against you, and so is everyone else in this thread.

Bottom line - I was right, you were wrong. End of argument.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dallas was finished when I said they were.
No they weren't. They went up in the standings after that lol. What would you have said if they had won one more game? We wouldn't be hearing from you. At least I have the guts to come back here and take it. By the way, anyone who knows the game of football won't pick the Eagles to beat the Vikings. But, umm, I'm not predicting the Vikings to win
Old 12-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Restricted User

No they weren't. They went up in the standings after that lol. What would you have said if they had won one more game?
Dude...they didn't. They didn't win ONE MORE GAME. They lost...then lost...then lost some more. The only reason they still had a chance going into this weekend was losses by so many other teams. The chances of those teams losing were even slimmer than the chances of Philly making the playoffs. I saw this. I also knew that given the opportunity to decide their own fates, Dallas would fall, Philly would rise. This is why I was SO SURE that Dallas could not make the playoffs. This is why I predicted it back in November. I was positive that Dallas couldn't do it. Call me a liar, lucky, whatever you want. Bottom line is I told you what would happen and why, and now you can't say I was wrong.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

In other words, you can't think of an answer. But of course we've already established that.
In other words, i have better things to do than to sit here and have a pissing contest with you. i can give 2 left ********* about what you said last week or a month ago. you on the other hand find the need to beat a dead horse on a subject that has no substance.....so carry on.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

the real Bottom line here is this..... 44-6....Eagles are in, Cowgirls have tee time at 9 tommorrow morning.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

In other words, i have better things to do than to sit here and have a pissing contest with you.
No you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be back here. That is only an excuse to hide the fact you cannot tell me what you saw about the Giants in Nov '07 when they were in shambles that made them different than the Cowboys of last month.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

the real Bottom line here is this..... 44-6....Eagles are in, Cowgirls have tee time at 9 tommorrow morning.
Here we have Captain Obvious. Again I give props to the Eagles. But it's meaningless if they don't get the Lombardi.