Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Eagles!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 325trooper
No you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be back here. That is only an excuse to hide the fact you cannot tell me what you saw about the Giants in Nov '07 when they were in shambles that made them different than the Cowboys of last month.
THE ARGUMENT IS OVER...YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO STAND ON. YOU ARE NOW IN A THREAD ABOUT A TEAM THAT JUST ANNIHILATED YOUR TEAM IN THEIR MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON TRYING TO SAVE FACE. IT'S NOT WORKING. JUST LEAVE.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we have Captain Obvious. Again I give props to the Eagles. But it's meaningless if they don't get the Lombardi.
AHH yes...i knew it was a matter of time. revert back to my #2 rule of being a Cowgirl fan. when all else fails, bring up the superbowl wins cause its your last resort. let me know how Romo does on the 18...its a par 4.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Jeez you all are in one hell of a pissing match. Who cares at this point??? Eagles are in, Dallas is out.

Has there ever been an instance where a baseball and football team won championships in the same year? I'm not a statistician.

LET'S GO EAGLES!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Jeez you all are in one hell of a pissing match. Who cares at this point??? Eagles are in, Dallas is out.

Has there ever been an instance where a baseball and football team won championships in the same year? I'm not a statistician.

LET'S GO EAGLES!!!!!!!
yeah...i think the Redsox and the Patriots won it the same year a few years back??
Old 12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

I just searched the internet.....

"New York City won all three in 1969. The Jets beat the Colts for the Super Bowl. The Mets won the World Series. The Knicks won the NBA Finals. The Jets won it in January of '69, which was the '68 season; the Mets in October of '69; and the Knicks won theirs in the Spring of 1970, in which that season started in 1969. Wow! What a great time for the New York fans that year, as they didn't even need the Yankees for that trifecta.

Baltimore came close as its Orioles won the World Series in October, 1970. Its football team, the Colts, won Superbowl V in January of 1971, which was the 1970 season, and the NBA Baltimore Bullets made it to the finals of the 1970-71 season, however, lost, 4 games to nothing to the Milwaukee Bucks...oh, pretty close.

Another close one was the city of Philadelphia. In 1980, its hockey team, the Flyers, basketball team, the 76ers, and football team, the Eagles, all made it to the final round for that season. Its baseball team, the Phillies, won the World Series that season.

In the championship rounds of the 79-80 NHL and NBA playoffs that season, both Philadelphia teams lost, four games to two, while the Eagles lost, 27-10, in SuperBowl XV. The Eagles' near miss was during the 1980 season, in January of 1981. The Phillies beat Kansas City, four games to two in October of 1980.

For a city whose baseball, NBA and NFL teams struggled in the early seventies, three second place finishes and a World Series victory in the same time period was above and beyond what other cities could enjoy from their major sports teams."
Old 12-29-2008, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Once again, reading comprehension is your friend. That reply makes no sense in respect to the question.
My reading comprehension is fine..you still don't get what I'm saying. I'm done with this, the Cowboys aren't like the Giants, weren't like the Giants and don't have half the team of the Giants.

I'm going to compare the Eagles to the Giants of December 17th 2007 at EXACTLY 7:15 PM...see the similarities?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Frosty
I'm going to compare the Eagles to the Giants of December 17th 2007 at EXACTLY 7:15 PM...see the similarities?
Or compare the Cowboys of December 28th, 2008 to the '08 Lions. Overwhelming similarities there.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Default Eagles

lets do it one game at a time.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im a pats fan all the way.... but i have always liked the eagles a little bit.... GOOO EAGLES!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 AM
Launching!

oh man camaro i'm sorry about your season. can't even be looked at like a failed season though, good **** from cassel all year (reference 57 yard punt LOL).

sooooo did dallas even show up yesterday? it looked like the eagles just walked down the field by themselves and scored. then the defense came on the field and picked up the ball and scored. was dallas even there? LOLOL
Old 12-30-2008, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

^^and that was the beauty of it. all year we had to sit here and take it up the *** how Dallas was going to the superbowl..blah blah blah. Michael Bay could;nt have script it any better than how it went down. that 1 win and makin the playoff is gonna erase everything that went on the entire season...and if they make it further, it will be that much sweeter. and they are blossoming at the right time...definetly not a team you wanna play with the way the defense has played the last 4 out of 5 weeks (dunno what happened in washington). hope they can keep it rolling!!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Launching!

i slept through the skins game, didn't watch a single play...probly why we lost. lol

and yeah with the giants falling off real hard towards the end of the season...(injuries, eli manning is a bum) and with us lookin pretty nasty in december and janruary who knows. the philly soul uncursed us man i'm telling you. they broke the championship drought and then the phillies, now the birds, then the flyers. 6ers have no shot lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
12 Second Club

Unless a miracle happens I don't see the Eagles making it to the 'bowl....then again I thought they were done after the Redskins game. A hot team at the right time can go far...lets see if they can keep it up. It's like the tale of two teams. You have the team that comes out and puts major points on the board like they against SF, AZ and DAL...then you have the team can't do a damn thing right like the BAL and WSH game...

PS I still don't like Andy Reid lol
Old 12-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Launching!

dude andy was hype in that dallas game...finally started to show some emotion...he was hyping the crowd up on 3rd downs and ****...started to look like a real philly guy
Old 12-30-2008, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

yeah...only took him 10 years to do that.... maybe he knows his days are numbered and this will be one last hoorah..lol
Old 12-30-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TNTramair
...definetly not a team you wanna play with the way the defense has played the last 4 out of 5 weeks (dunno what happened in washington). hope they can keep it rolling!!
Defense played pretty damn well against Washington too. If you lose 10-3, you can't blame the defense.

We should be able to roll into Minn. and take the win. I also like our shot at the Giants in the Meadowlands. We're very familiar with playing there and the G-men are not the best home field defenders. We typically make Eli wet his pants, especially with no Plaxico to grab lob passes.

Gonna be an exciting weekend and hopefully an exciting next few weeks.

Go Birds!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

^^ I agree 100%. they can very well meet up with Carolina for the NFC chip. defense is playin like a top 5 right now and as long as the offense doesnt turn the ball over and put that defense in a bad situation, like in washington for the only touchdown they've given up in recent weeks, they'll be in good shape. i hope old Andy finally comes to his senses and runs Buckhalter more....the kid has fresh legs and is averaging like 5+yards a carry this season. it'll take alot of the focus off westbrook.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Launching!

i'd like to see the oldschool split backs they ran like 5 years ago with buck and westbrook in the backfield...that **** was awesome.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Well you have my respect, sir. I never expected to see you back here after this game. I applaud your ability to swallow your pride and jump right back in the ring.
Patriot, i applaud you for having the gonads to come back in here after that dismal performance.
I appreciate the compliments guys. I know how hard it was for you to do that. I figure it doesn't make me that big of a fan if I only cheer for them when they're up. With the Cowboy's performance on Sunday, it would have been ridiculous, and undeserved if they somehow won. However, I don't think the Eagles will win the SB. The Colts are looking like they really have a chance.

Originally Posted by dankl
What a showing by "America's Team"!! Where did all the Cowboys homers go?
Ha Ha, I wouldn't consider myself a homer, but I'm pretty sure you're describing yourself right now. You didn't say **** until the game was over. I guess all of the "Dallas Homers" are now where you were before the Dal vs PHI game. TNT and Blackbird have been the only two ppl talking in this, and they haven't even been all about the Eagles in the thread. Just against Dallas.
Here's another one of your buddies. \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Who won the game yesterday?
At least I have the guts to come back here and take it.
I have the guts, but I'm not trying to beat a DEAD ****** HORSE. Just let it go man.
Originally Posted by White.Lightning
I think someone said it already, but my favorite baseball team, the Red Sox, won the same year that the Pats won.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

AHH yes...i knew it was a matter of time. revert back to my #2 rule of being a Cowgirl fan. when all else fails, bring up the superbowl wins cause its your last resort. let me know how Romo does on the 18...its a par 4.
I didn't bring up the superbowl wins. Assuming you're talking about the five Dallas has. I don't understand why someone, such as 99% of Philly fans, could consider a season without a championship a success. And then bash someone like me who doesn't. Lots of inferiority complexes and losing mentalities here.