Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Bill Heard

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
How does that work? If I traded a car in, the finance company is going to come to me looking for the car right?
Then when they can't repo it, I get sued? I get a bad mark on my credit?

I can think of some shifty **** you could get away with but it doesn't seem they can go far with this.
I've actually heard of a few different dealerships pulling this stunt. One dealership would actually not pay off the loan on your vehicle until it sold (in the hopes that they would sell quick). Luckily they eventually got busted and went to jail.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
How does that work? If I traded a car in, the finance company is going to come to me looking for the car right?
Then when they can't repo it, I get sued? I get a bad mark on my credit?

I can think of some shifty **** you could get away with but it doesn't seem they can go far with this.
They absolutely can and did. They just hung on to the payments a little longer adn then go out of business, nobody to hold accountable. Lots of finger pointing, but ultimately the cars will come back to the auctions they sold them at due to the next dealership they sold them to cant sell them.

I actually bought a truck several months ago that this exact thing happened to the dealer I bought it from. They sold it to me expecting the title and never got it. They claimed the title was messed up somehow, but that just means they never got it and didnt want to get in trouble with the DMV if I decided to file. I had to bring it back to the dealer, they brought it back to the auction where it was sold to him and they are then responsible for going back to the origional selling dealer to get either a title or money.

But if the origional selling dealer goes out of business, the auction ends up eating the money to refund the buying dealer, and if somone traded it with a loan, they are screwed. Best thing you can do at this point is file a stolen car report, and file with the DMV, and eventually you will get your car back.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never bought a car from a dealership, and I probably never will.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

Think this has something to do with the economy?
People going out of business, geting laid off, not thinking straight.
Seems they're grabbing all they can as they go down in flames.

Quick Reply: Bill Heard