Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

New home for the Camaro soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New home for the Camaro soon

Many of you know my parents have a nice building on there property and my dad and I have been working on it for about 5 years now. the main shop is just about done now just needs paint. We also decided to close in the lean to or overhang on the backside of the building since we had a enough extra sheets to do it so why not.

My camaro is at my place now at a townhome community my dad said i can park the camaro in the added part of the building if I want too. So I have a choice to make take the SS to my parents were it will be stored inside and out of the weather. Or keep it where I live at in a parking lot basically, my parents live about 10 miles away so not to bad but it does get to be a pain to drive out there to get the car and then back to get my daily driver

Anyways here is some pictures of the shop and the unfinished area is where the SS may go also some interior shots and random ones of the shop

Old 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

niceee in 2 years my dad and I are building a 2 car garage.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good Jimmy... long project, but way worth the hard work!

I'm finally getting boxes and stuff unloaded in my new garage and just that task is exhausting. Next is painting the floor and getting the cars in!
Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would leave it at your parents house inside for sure. It is not like you don't have another car to drive. I have never seen you drive the Camaro either. Always the Honda.
Leave it there and get it on the weekend. Plus it looks like a very nice shop, satilite TV while working on the car. That is the best stuff I have ever seen in a while.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice garage. Just watch out for field mice.I had 2 SS's last year and put 1 in the back yard and a field mouse built a nest on the intake and started eating my fuel injector wires.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Nice garage. Just watch out for field mice.I had 2 SS's last year and put 1 in the back yard and a field mouse built a nest on the intake and started eating my fuel injector wires.
it will be completly enclosed in the next few weeks with a garage door so that shouldnt be a problem. we have had that problem before they ate through the wires on my dads old truck and on the mower cost a couple hundred dollars to fix them.

Sean Yeah I will probably take it over there I make sure I drive once a week usually the weekend or Fridays. I drive it past your apartments just about every sunday to church but thats at 7 am.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Today we finished sheeting and got some lights and electrical work done. We also cleaned up a bit Garage door should be going in when my parents get there income tax. Next weekend we should be moving everything out of the main building and into the side room to get ready for final paint and finsh ceiling tiles.

Pictures

Old 01-17-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is my post showing the progress of the building shows how long we have been working on it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...am-garage.html

Oh Sean sorry the Satellite is gone to the scrap pile we just used it as an atenna anyways but were getting one of those converter boxes out there until we run network and cable lines out to it.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This weekend we just cleaned and got organized mostly we built a shelf in the back to hold things and then started moving things out of the main shop into the addition. My dad is going to try and finish the ceiling during the week and then the scaffolding can finally come out. Next Saturday we are planning on painting the interior and then the week after hopefully another coat on the floor.

Updated pictures

Old 01-26-2009, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

sweet setup, congrats.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This weekend not much changed we planned to paint but with the cold weather and the superbowl we didnt get that done. we did completly finish the ceiling and are ready to paint next weekend maybe. Im going to the cars for cure show here in town so hopefully my dad and brother will get the painting started.

I did how ever get my wooden bike rack painted with herculiner came out pretty good also finished the paint on my SLP grille will wetsand and clear that next week.

pics

Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Looks good man......

I'd say keep the car in the garage that way you know she's safe and out of the weather.....
Old 02-01-2009, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

straight race shop!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys

This weekend i was sick bad on saturday my dad did get the white paint on and today we painted the navy blue stripe and my dad will paint the lower half cowboys gray. were trying to figure out where to put a Dallas Cowboys star also i was thinking the doors although the back wall would be nice.

next week we hope to clean the floor and decide wether to prep it for another coat or leave it how it is.

Also finshed the herculiner on my bike rack for the truck came out pretty good. I also cleared my new SLP SS Grill planning on wetsanding it next weekend and then putting it on the SS.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I stopped by my parents place this morning and my dad did get the gray painted looks good im going to try and paint some stars on the door this weekend and were going to clean the floors. Ill get some pics of the progress this weekend like usual.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is some shots of the interior painted all that is left to do is clean the floors put another coat maybe and then paint some cabinets and move everything in for good finally.

New garage Door going in today hopefully
Old 02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This weekend we had a side job to do but we did get the shop completely emptied and the floor cleaned up and also masked off. we also got the second garage door installed we were hoping to get the floor re-coated but my uncle couldn't make it out with the sprayer. I got some photos of the storage are packed full and some shots with my Honda and my dads Sierra while i was changing the oil.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopefully in two weeks ill have so photos with with my camaro and Z28_you_ho's camaro in there while we do some wiring on mine and nitrous on his.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

some shots from today when we were doing some wiring on my car and Z28_you_ho car with RSSean. both cars fit good we could have closed the garage door but the side door was taped off.

Last edited by SSJIMMY; 02-24-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sweet garage nice and cool. glad you got yours finished up today jimmy

Quick Reply: New home for the Camaro soon