Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Official Polk County thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badhombre
streets have been kinda down lately since we lost a local friend who really kinda helped organize everyone. but we are trying to get the meets back up
Working on it
Old 06-18-2012, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ALH442
Working on it
Thanks man!!

Originally Posted by badhombre
streets have been kinda down lately since we lost a local friend who really kinda helped organize everyone. but we are trying to get the meets back up
Sorry to hear about your loss, sounds like a pretty tight crew around here I'm sure you guys will get it back together.

Originally Posted by Cooldude5231
Well welcome to good ole polk county lol.
we don't get together much anymore but we do love the lakeland track lol.
Thanks for the welcome man, I love it down here way better then NY. One of these days I will have to come out to the track, the only thing is I never been. I set the car up for it but really just always ran it on the street. Now that I'm getting kinda older and have a kid on the way I think I'm goin to have to start getting used to the track... These cops down here don't play and don't need no part of that. So probably see you guys out there sooner than later, but need to get a tune first....
Old 06-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Yeah the cops around here will follow you just to wait for you to do something wrong.
I had one follow me all around town till finally i just pulled into mcdonalds to get him off me.
Keep it on the track or you'll end up like me and have tons of tickets and pay wayyyyy to much for insurance lol.
Your car an auto?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Teching In

Did you get my pm Matt.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Launching!

Allen, I talked to the guy about those matts.
I texted you back but I know how you are about not reading your texts.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:11 PM

Yeah the cops around here will follow you just to wait for you to do something wrong.
I had one follow me all around town till finally i just pulled into mcdonalds to get him off me.
Keep it on the track or you'll end up like me and have tons of tickets and pay wayyyyy to much for insurance lol.
Your car an auto?
I went through that hole ticket/insurance thing about 10yrs ago cant afford that any more, that sucks. With the cops and all I was wondering how are they on noise pollution?? Uuumm I come off my longtubs to (2) borla 14" bullets to turn downs underneath the front seats?? Probably gonna have to change that.... But as far as auto, kinda I have two trannys for the car. In the car right now is t56 that has some work done to it and in the garage I have a built th350 with a full reverse manual valve body and a trans brake. I need to get a driveshaft made for the th350 though then I can put it in...

Did you get my pm Matt.

Yes sir I did I replied today.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JesterLT1
I went through that hole ticket/insurance thing about 10yrs ago cant afford that any more, that sucks. With the cops and all I was wondering how are they on noise pollution?? Uuumm I come off my longtubs to (2) borla 14" bullets to turn downs underneath the front seats?? Probably gonna have to change that.... But as far as auto, kinda I have two trannys for the car. In the car right now is t56 that has some work done to it and in the garage I have a built th350 with a full reverse manual valve body and a trans brake. I need to get a driveshaft made for the th350 though then I can put it in...

Yes sir I did I replied today.
Yeah youll have to keep your foot out of it around here...Central Florida Drive Shaft in lakeland they will do you right
Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Allen, I talked to the guy about those matts.
I texted you back but I know how you are about not reading your texts.
Yeah YEAH Yeah some of us haft to work for a living
Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=JesterLT1;16435822]I went through that hole ticket/insurance thing about 10yrs ago cant afford that any more, that sucks. With the cops and all I was wondering how are they on noise pollution?? Uuumm I come off my longtubs to (2) borla 14" bullets to turn downs underneath the front seats?? Probably gonna have to change that.... But as far as auto, kinda I have two trannys for the car. In the car right now is t56 that has some work done to it and in the garage I have a built th350 with a full reverse manual valve body and a trans brake. I need to get a driveshaft made for the th350 though then I can put it in...

I wouldn't worry about changing it.
Just keep your foot out of it if you see a cop.
A friend of mine has longtubes straight out to quad tips on his lt1
He bought it like that.
It's loud as hell.
But on the way home from picking it up he got pulled over and the cop said that they cant do anything about it except after 10pm

I'm a t56 guy.
Both fbodies I've owned have been t56's
Lakeland driveshaft is the place to go.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:47 PM

Yeah youll have to keep your foot out of it around here...Central Florida Drive Shaft in lakeland they will do you right
[QUOTE=Cooldude5231;16436159]

I wouldn't worry about changing it.
Just keep your foot out of it if you see a cop.
A friend of mine has longtubes straight out to quad tips on his lt1
He bought it like that.
It's loud as hell.
But on the way home from picking it up he got pulled over and the cop said that they cant do anything about it except after 10pm

I'm a t56 guy.
Both fbodies I've owned have been t56's
Lakeland driveshaft is the place to go.

Thanks for the heads up guys and the shop advise for a driveshaft. I haven't ran the auto yet so I guess for now I'm still a t56 guy for now...
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=JesterLT1;16442351]

Thanks for the heads up guys and the shop advise for a driveshaft. I haven't ran the auto yet so I guess for now I'm still a t56 guy for now...
of course!
hope to see you this weekend
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

So I bought a house here in Lakeland a couple weeks ago and am finally moving in this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get my 416 finished now that I wont be filling my gas tank 3-4 times a week driving to work from Titusville to Lakeland. That $400-500 a month in fuel I spent can now go back into the T/A. I miss my car its been down a couple years now.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sy99T/A
So I bought a house here in Lakeland a couple weeks ago and am finally moving in this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get my 416 finished now that I wont be filling my gas tank 3-4 times a week driving to work from Titusville to Lakeland. That $400-500 a month in fuel I spent can now go back into the T/A. I miss my car its been down a couple years now.
git r dun!!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:03 AM

Sorry for missin yesterday guys but had a little drama in lake Alfred yesterday. So we go out to Kissimmee to baby's r us and gettin stuff for the baby and doin our normal Saturday stuff and get back to the house and in the middle of the day someone broke into the toolbox of my truck and helped themselves to about 400$ of my ****...Long story short. Wtf...

I might head out to the track this weekend comin up as a spectator to get the feel for what I need (helmet, etc..) and how it all works lol never been on or to a track lol.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sy99T/A

Congrats on the move, I know what it's like to be without the car. I just got my car down here from ny after a year and half. You almost forget the way it pulls and how much faster then the dd it actually is (whoops that's 100mph, don't feel like it) but anyway again congrats on the move and good luck with the build and hopefully don't take to long.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Congrats on the move, I know what it's like to be without the car. I just got my car down here from ny after a year and half. You almost forget the way it pulls and how much faster then the dd it actually is (whoops that's 100mph, don't feel like it) but anyway again congrats on the move and good luck with the build and hopefully don't take to long.
Thanks man, this weather this weekend really sucked loading and unloading trucks, trailers, and moving vans. Looks as if its gonna carry on awhile longer too.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Regular

Oh man well, who's ready to get beat?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Uh oh.
Blinghole is broke again cause he blew all his money on his beloved firechicken.

What'd you do to it this time???
Lmao
Old 07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

160 injectors and afco's.

Soon maybe pro Efi

Anyways MIKE T/A
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-w-extras.html
Old 07-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Launching!

would anyone have/know anyone with a ls1 6 speed flywheel for sale?
i need to redo my clutch and need to get one resurfaced but dont wanna wait.
please lemme know

also, is there a difference between the auto, and 6 speed flywheels?
or lt1 and ls1 flywheels?

Quick Reply: Official Polk County thread!