Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Formato's Florida Tuning Schedule for July:

Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Formato's Florida Tuning Schedule for July:

Hello folks, here is the travel schedule for Jeremy Formato tuning (and intake/tb porting and install) through out Florida for the month of July. Of course if you are in the Tampa Bay area or wish to travel to us, we can schedule this as well for dates other than these listed. Just give us a call at 813 476 7364 or Jeremy on his cell at 813 495 8778.

July 7th - Gainesville
at:
Rollins Automotive
9430 Northwest 13th Street
Gainesville, FL 32653
(352) 335-7223

July 9th - Orlando
at:
Cor-Vette Masters
8615 U.S. 17
Maitland, FL 32751-3306
(407) 831-3990

July 15th - Ft Myers
at:
Aftermath Performance
2940 Hanson Street
Ft. Myers, FL 33916
(239) 939-4649

July 22nd and 23rd - South Florida
at:
Rage-Tek
2021 Southwest 70th Avenue
Davie, FL 33317
(954) 915-0016

Please call us at 813 476 7364 to schedule a date and time to have your vehicle tuned. We do require a $100.00 deposit to secure your spot. We accept Visa, MC, and American Express or you can Paypal at:

fastprom@tampabay.rr.com

The intake and throttle body special will be in effect for all these locations as well. Here is a link to the special:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...cial-back.html

For those that are not familiar with Jeremy Formato tuning, here is some information:

The cost of dyno tuning is $400 + $85/hr for the dyno. If you are just looking for a street tune he can also do that for $300 w/ WB o2. We work very hard and are extremely thorough to make sure every vehicle is perfect and you are completely satisfied.

We are here to optimize the tuning of your LSx based vehicle. We also offer power packages that will meet your performance goals. We help you select the best parts that will give the best bang for the buck and make the right combination custom tailored for YOUR application. We are extremely thorough and precise in our tuning and go much farther into the code than other tuners. We tune the vehicle from idle, through wide open throttle, and as aggressively as you want to optimize the vehicles full potential for power and fuel efficiency without sacrificing any longevity. We inform each and every customer of exactly what is going on with the vehicle and explain what certain tables do and how to improve the vehicle. We have ported throttle bodies and intake manifolds with repeatable Dyno proven results. We try our best to offer the most aggressively ported manifolds money can buy. We test on the Dyno as well as the street to make sure everything is safe and dialed in 100%.

With our custom tuning we address many of the limitations the factory has placed on the vehicle. GMs minimum of 91OCT fuel allows us to gain power if we are using a fuel of greater octane. Later model vehicles lose a vast amount of power as they heat up, we combat this and make them much more consistently powerful. You don’t have to be racing to enjoy what we can do for you. Daily drivers can still have a bit more fun on your daily commute . If it’s the pesky 1 to 4 skip shift, the hot coolant temp, lack of power, fuel economy or throttle response, slow or soft trans shifts, shift points, WE CAN HELP.
The car will accelerate much smoother and effortlessly, it will have sharper response and more power when we optimize the tune.

With a ported throttle body, you will feel greatly improved throttle response and in the bottom end/mid range a strong seat of the pants increase. Many liken the difference to taking about 350lbs out of the vehicle. It truly makes the car much more fun to drive. Our Manifolds are very thoroughly ported not only in the runners but also much of the plenum and TB flange are enlarged in order to support more airflow from idle, thru the upper RPMs. The larger the air reservoir is, the less likely it is to deplete the greater volume in the upper RPMs. Hence the difference of the '00 LS1 intake vs the '01 LS6 intake, a small plenum volume change gained 10RWHP and 10RWTQ.

We also port LSX FAST manifolds. We have been modifying our LSX manifolds more extensively than our competitors and found more power in certain areas that others do not touch. We open the TB flanges as well as reshape the bell-mouth port entry and increase plenum volume, resulting in a minimum average gain of10RWHP and 10RWTQ avg. gain over non ported FAST's.

LS1's and LS6's are not ported, as we have seen no measurable gains in porting these intakes, the runners and plenum are thin and without obstruction. If an upgrade is desired we suggest the FAST LSX manifold for ’01-04 model years or an 01-04 manifold for 97-00 model years.

We have been tuning for over 10 years and have tuned literally thousands of LSX based vehicles from stock to 1100HP. We are based in FL but travel all around the country Dyno tuning and porting. We know what it takes to make a ROCK SOLID COMBO with best TQ and smoothness. Please feel free to call us and ask ANY questions basic to advanced tough questions. If we don’t know we will find out. We are honest and will do our best to make you happy with all the work we do!

Last edited by JeremyF; 06-29-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We still have plenty of availability to schedule for all locations, so if anyone needs tuning and or intake/tb porting done, please don't hesitate to call us at 813 476 7364.

Thank you
Dan
Fasterproms
Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do u do any tuning a little bit north of West Palm Beach.I am going to put a cam in my 2010 SS Camaro and would like u to tune it after it is done.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Do u do any tuning a little bit north of West Palm Beach.I am going to put a cam in my 2010 SS Camaro and would like u to tune it after it is done.
Nothing in that area - unfortunately that is right about the midway point between Orlando and Davie.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

No, problem. My parents have a Condo in Clearwater so i will just come to Tampa when i am ready and stay for a few days.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
No, problem. My parents have a Condo in Clearwater so i will just come to Tampa when i am ready and stay for a few days.
Awesome - please don't hesitate to call us with any questions at 813 476 7364 or Jeremy directly on his cell at 813 495 8778. He just tuned a heads/cam full bolt on brand new SS that came down from Jacksonville a couple weeks ago.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Jeremy's a good guy. He'll take care of you.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Teching In

i have a 99 pontiac trans am that only has a few bolt on’s and 3.73 gears from the factory 3.23 gears…

My issue is the car pings/knocks under wot unless I have 100 octane gas..

No matter what brand of 93 wether it be Sunoco Exxon mobil Amoco shell whatever it knocks under wide open throttle and it has Always done this since I have owned it..prior to any mods

This is pretty much what I have done so far

Slp air lid k&n air filter

160 thermostat

New spark plugs

Superchips programmer

Gutted cats flowmaster muffler

Transgo reprogramming shift kit

Descreened mass airflow sensor

Throttlebody bypass

Egr tube cut

3.73 rear gears

275/50/15 rear mickey Thompson drag radials <26inch tall>

Line lock <slp>

Just so you know this was a 1 owner car up till about 1 yr ago and never raced until I got my hands on it.

My best at the track so far is a 13.04 @ 107.88 and that was a 1.95 60ft

So im wondering what you would suggest for me and my pinging problem

I live in winter springs just north east of Orlando but im willing to make the trip to your maitland location on the 9th if you have time early that morning?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Default Question

Are you still coming to Maitland tomorrow?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by in the elevens
Are you still coming to Maitland tomorrow?
That is actually Thursday, and we do have an afternoon spot available. Please give us a call at 813 476 7364 if you want to schedule it. Feel free to give Jeremy a call on his cell at 813 495 8778 to discuss what is going on with your car and tune needs.

Thanks

Dan
Fasterproms
Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Default Maitland

Thanks for getting back to me but i guess i looked at my calendar wrong.

I thought you would be near my home on wednesday my only day off this week.

I will have to try and catch you in August if you are back in Maitland.

Thanks again
Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by in the elevens
i have a 99 pontiac trans am that only has a few bolt on’s and 3.73 gears from the factory 3.23 gears…

My issue is the car pings/knocks under wot unless I have 100 octane gas..

No matter what brand of 93 wether it be Sunoco Exxon mobil Amoco shell whatever it knocks under wide open throttle and it has Always done this since I have owned it..prior to any mods

This is pretty much what I have done so far

Slp air lid k&n air filter

160 thermostat

New spark plugs

Superchips programmer

Gutted cats flowmaster muffler

Transgo reprogramming shift kit

Descreened mass airflow sensor

Throttlebody bypass

Egr tube cut

3.73 rear gears

275/50/15 rear mickey Thompson drag radials <26inch tall>

Line lock <slp>

Just so you know this was a 1 owner car up till about 1 yr ago and never raced until I got my hands on it.

My best at the track so far is a 13.04 @ 107.88 and that was a 1.95 60ft

So im wondering what you would suggest for me and my pinging problem

I live in winter springs just north east of Orlando but im willing to make the trip to your maitland location on the 9th if you have time early that morning?
if you car has alot of miles on it, you should try applying seafoam to clean the build up in your heads. That should reduce your knock. Then have it tuned after the application
Old 07-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Default Tune?

Thanks for your input,i just purchased sea foam today and i hope it does make a difference for me.

Any idea where in central florida i can take my car to be professionally tuned?

Thanks again for your time
Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

in the elevens- We just canceled the Orl trip, had a few things fall thru but we may be there in the next week or so. If you would like to have your car tuned please give us a call and we can discuss a few options or if you would just like to ask a few questions. 813-495-8778 or 813-476-7364 shop. There are a number of reasons why the car is pinging and we can get it optimized.
Thank you
Jeremy Formato
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Thanks for posting the cancellation..

I will call you later today...
Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Schedule Update:

Dates added:

July 27th - Gainesville

July 29th - Orlando

Also, there is still a space or two available for S. Florida this Thursday and Friday, just give us a call to schedule.

Thanks

Dan
Fasterproms
Old 07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Still have space available in Orlando, thank you.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Do you do speed density tunes on these days or are they by appointment?

I know these are past, just asking, looking for a tune in mid to late Sept.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kido1986
Do you do speed density tunes on these days or are they by appointment?

I know these are past, just asking, looking for a tune in mid to late Sept.
Absolutely do - just give us a call for an appointment, or PM me with your contact info and where you are so we can notify you the next time Jeremy is heading into your area.

Thanks
Dan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Formato's Florida Tuning Schedule for July: