Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Headed to florida this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headed to florida this weekend!

goin down to florida this weekend will be in the orlanda area, was told about 45min or so from orlando. anything worth cruising around to? i cant decide to take the dd or the ws6, i been reading a lot of horror stories from FL so its got me kinda nervous takin my TA out there ha
Old 10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

the love bugs are just about gone so thats 1 less worry.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

"45 minutes from Orlando" is a very very large area. Where exactly? Free air show over the beach in Daytona Saturday and Sunday....
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ Agreed. 45 min away could basically put ya in any number of areas, some of which are very nice for visiting and others which are very boring. The one thing you can bet on is heavy traffic, although not even close to as bad as it will be by next month and into next yr.

Unless it's gonna rain though, you'll probably like the T/A down there.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Teching In

There are lots of shows and cruise ins and meet-n-greets aound here on the weekends. Wide Track Warriors (Pontiac club) is meeting at Carl Black dealership on SR50 at 5pm. Or you can search Mike Kelly's Cruise News and it lists everything related to cruising and cars shows. Muscle Car Network is also a good site to search for cruise and show and swap meet info.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

what horror stories have yhou heared
Old 10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He has spent too much time in New England.Probally about stories of Alligators eating people on the side of the road !!!!!!!!!!Lmao
Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ Which reminds me... I heard some tourist was bitten by a cottonmouth yesterday or the day before. Said he stepped right on it and BLAM... Well, duh... Watch where you're going!

He'll survive, of course, with a more intelligent future. The funny part is, a few other tourists were "interviewed" and most seemed to complain that there were no signs up to warn them of the natural habitat... Again, Well, DUH! Do you northerners REALLY need a sign up to warn you NOT to be bitten by a snake or attacked by a gator, etc?

A venomous snake, like the water moccasin, will PROBABLY leave a mark, though some estimates claim their venom is only released about 40% of the time when they bite humans, which do not qualify as prey. Of course, the Eastern Diamondback Rattler has no such control. Had the tourist been bitten by that, he'd probably have hoped it was a cottonmouth instead.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

ANYWAY... The "horror stories" are probably about the terrible driving conditions and the poor drivers one will encounter in FL. It will surely rain and he'll be around several people like himself, not truly familiar with "Florida rain" and it could quickly get hairy. It could be about mean/bad cops, but if you don't screw up, they'll leave you alone. It could be about theft... can't help ya there. Depends on where ya go.

If ya come to FL for just a few days and you don't have fun... Next time bring more money! It's a great place to visit (nearly anywhere), but you wouldn't wanna live there! Spread that word ... Florida is way overpopulated.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
ANYWAY... The "horror stories" are probably about the terrible driving conditions and the poor drivers one will encounter in FL. It will surely rain and he'll be around several people like himself, not truly familiar with "Florida rain" and it could quickly get hairy. It could be about mean/bad cops, but if you don't screw up, they'll leave you alone. It could be about theft... can't help ya there. Depends on where ya go.

If ya come to FL for just a few days and you don't have fun... Next time bring more money! It's a great place to visit (nearly anywhere), but you wouldn't wanna live there! Spread that word ... Florida is way overpopulated.
Pretty sure you're one of the horror stories he's talking about.

********, Florida is full of them, more likely to run into an ******* than a cotton mouth or rattler.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill be in port charlotte for fri night/ sat/ sunday/ monday. jacksonville tonight, orlando friday day.

and the horror stories of cars getting stolen, people being terrible drivers hitting u, dinging u etc lol sry but its just what im being told
and heh! watch the northerner stuff, im a californian born and raised, then moved to the north east and now im in NC. im a yankee by association lol

Last edited by DarkJuggalo; 10-07-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by It'llrun

im not too worried about rain, my TA was my DD in new englands blizzards/white outs and i still made it to work/school im by no means a poor driver shoot we used to go to parking lots during snow storms just to have some fun lol, i cant certainly handle hydroplaning and other mishaps with out panic or jamming the brakes like most tards
and the forecast is 80-85 and sunny
Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
Pretty sure you're one of the horror stories he's talking about.

********, Florida is full of them, more likely to run into an ******* than a cotton mouth or rattler.
Don't start stalking me, sport...

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
ill be in port charlotte

and the horror stories of cars getting stolen, people being terrible drivers hitting u, dinging u etc lol sry but its just what im being told
and heh! watch the northerner stuff, im a californian born and raised, then moved to the north east and now im in NC. im a yankee by association lol
Port Charlotte? Oh my... We're talking hours from Orlando. You'll be perhaps 45m from Ft. Myers, but Orlando will be at least 2hrs away. That said, you'll have plenty of room for fun if you have time to visit the St. Pete area or Ft. Myers(used to be fun) and Naples(a good while south). You'll even find fun in Port Charlotte itself, if ya wanna. I recommend a visit to Venice for a laid back weekend.

All that you've been told is pretty much reality. Traffic is bad, as are drivers and theft and more. Plus, the economy sucks right now, making things even worse. If you choose to head south, traffic will be lighter.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

im not too worried about rain, my TA was my DD in new englands blizzards/white outs and i still made it to work/school im by no means a poor driver shoot we used to go to parking lots during snow storms just to have some fun lol, i cant certainly handle hydroplaning and other mishaps with out panic or jamming the brakes like most tards
and the forecast is 80-85 and sunny
Cool... I hope you do well if you hit a serious storm, but I think it's much easier to drive during snow than a strong Florida rain. If you only let off the throttle, you should regain control quickly. As for the forecast... Give it 10minutes... That can change. Even on "sunny" days, during this time of year, it is almost certain to rain every day. That's just how Florida is, particularly Orlando and south.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

After driving threw uncountless New England Snow Storms i would say it is harder to drive in a Thunder storm & Hail down pour were u can not see the hood of your car and the road is like Black ice from the oils bleeding out of it from the sun beating on it all day long.So word to the wise if it starts raining hard slow down w/ everyone else because its not like driving in the snow.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Anyone hear the gunshots in PSL last night?
Some drunk guy just started firing off a 9mm in his back yard around 12:45.
Not the norm around here. Now I'm kinda nervous.
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/oct/...g-gun-several/
Old 10-07-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

allrighty, thz for all the advice
got the t-tops off and rdy to roll in a few hours. i got a gps, so ill try to check out venice or naples im really lookin forward to the beach tbh lol. havent been to the beach in a year or so. so the beach will consume the days, im more lookin for stuff to do at night.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
Anyone hear the gunshots in PSL last night?
Some drunk guy just started firing off a 9mm in his back yard around 12:45.
Not the norm around here. Now I'm kinda nervous.
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/oct/...g-gun-several/
Funny thing is i thought i heard gun shots and i said no must just be fireworks but i guess i was right and that is right near me.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

allrighty, thz for all the advice
got the t-tops off and rdy to roll in a few hours. i got a gps, so ill try to check out venice or naples im really lookin forward to the beach tbh lol. havent been to the beach in a year or so. so the beach will consume the days, im more lookin for stuff to do at night.
Venice in the day, Ft. Myers at night. That said, I've never really spent time in Venice at night and haven't been to Ft. Myers beach at night for several years. Maybe consider Sarasota at night as well. If you really have time and like astrology, the Kennedy Space Center is pretty cool during the day, but it will be somewhat covered by the "older" crowd and is even further than Orlando from where you'll be. Oh yeah... At night, this time of year... I'd go to Universal Studios for their Halloween show. It's been really good in the past.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i was gonna go to the halloween thing at universal, but i was lookin at it as 100$ to walk around a park for the night or 100$ to go to the club/bar

Quick Reply: Headed to florida this weekend!