Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Looking for a reliable lsx shop near vero beach area

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a reliable lsx shop near vero beach area

Short sum up I have a lsx swapped 240sx it ran fine for the longest then had starting issues to now wont fire over at all I had a local shop look it over and they recomended having the ecu re flashed. I did some reading on my own and wondering if it's vat related. I'm home on leave now and would love to try and get this thing running so while I'm deployed I can order up parts for her but as of right now I'm sittin on a pretty lawn ornament. Was wondering if anyone knows and shops around the area that could get her going or a person near here?
Old 12-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

There are a few of these threads already up; between them all, I'm sure they cover most, if not all, of South Fl to Tampa, but I'm always in for new suggestions

DM
Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top 3 I would only recommend.

1.lashway
2.redline performance
3.masport
Old 12-27-2010, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Extreme Performance is in Palm City. Ask for Tyler and tell him I sent you.

Mike Norris
Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Question

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
Extreme Performance is in Palm City. Ask for Tyler and tell him I sent you.

Mike Norris
Hey Mike, do they do their own machining and assembly? I got a hell of a quote from Erik from HKE, but they are in TX, as we all know.

I was wanting one of the builders here to do it; I just get a comfy feeling that a sponsor know what they are doing since they are a sponsor of a LS1 forum. I know that it is more than likely a false since of security, but then again, I would not take my build to a shop that sponsors import forums so there is a little logic in my madness, lol... anyways, it's a moot point seeing how it would cost way too much to ship my part so I guess local is where it's at.

I want to go strait to the source... right now I can't afford to get taxed buy a shop that sources out when I can do the same; I'm not trying to be cheap, the budget is dictating.

Right now I am tossed between:

Mike @ Total Engine Concepts 561-842-2813 (WPB)
Rob @ Central FL Machine & Speed 407-877-2800 (Winter Garden)
Jeff @ CW Pence 407-831-8197 (Maitland)

and as for Local here in Jacksonville -

Mark @ Horsepower By Hedrick (but he is BIG $$$) 904-771-2739

DM
Old 12-28-2010, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Whatever you do, do not just go by who is the cheapest. If you can not afford to do something right the first time and in the time frame you want to do it, then save for a while to do it right later.

Not knocking anyone who has cheap prices as some do great work. And on the other side of the coin, not everyone that charges a lot is worth what they charge.

If you want, you can mention what your budget is and what you are expecting and I can most likely give you an idea if it is realistic or not.

With that said, I have used Robert at Central Florida Machine and he would be a good local recommendation. He and Gene are very well known locally and do a lot of street and track work.

Back in the day I used to exclusively use Dave Crume of CRE and he is one of the best out there. He had sold his buisness a short time ago and has recently set up a shop again. From what I understand he is renting a portion of Next Level Performance's shop. The last contact info I had for him was 407-923-4766. Definitely not the cheapest, but very good and local. If you do not get him at that number try calling NLP and ask for him.

I have not used Pence, but have heard good things and I believe they have the capability of installing the big sleeves in the LS1 blocks.

Hope that helps.

Mike Norris
Old 12-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info Mike, I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do. If it is indeed the ecu giving me a problem would it be easier just to put in a megasquirt unit to bypass all of that? If so how hard would it be to run the conversion for the speedo/tach?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:01 AM
FormerVendor

we can help if need be...we also recommend Mike at TEC for any engine you need built.

Erik
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Banned

OK... I talked to Dave Crume, the builder that Mike Norris suggested. He seems like a very nice guy and obviously knows his stuff; I think he said that he;s working on some engines for Seabring right now and told me about past build of his.

Anyways... He quoted me $2K + parts for a LB build. I would supply everything for the most part, but any parts that he needs to get then of course that would add to the cost of the build. He is deff not the cheapest, but because of Mikes recommendation and his build history, I might be going with him.

So just a heads up for those still looking

DM
Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

Good to hear you got ahold of Dave. He is a great guy and does great work.

Mike Norris
Old 01-06-2011, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a guy in vero who did a cam swap for me named matt, eagle auto performance on 36th court/ oslo rd email me for number.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 for Dave , I use him for the machine work for all GM engines I build.

Quick Reply: Looking for a reliable lsx shop near vero beach area