Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Speed Fest @ PBIR PALM BEACH FL

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Fest @ PBIR PALM BEACH FL

FACEBOOK EVENT LINK:https://www.facebook.com/events/6450...an_user_joined

December is prime time for racing in South Florida, with beautiful weather for spectators and perfect air temps for racers to set records all day long. Bizspeed & American Speedwear have teamed up to bring you Speed Fest, an event to crown the fastest street car in Florida. Speed Fest welcomes all street cars to the event with classes for AWD, FWD, RWD fighting for spots in the Quick 16 elimination class to crown Florida's Fastest. This class pits the best of the best against each other in a heads up race for the sought after title, Florida's Fastest. After the Quick 16 is formed, the remaining cars will run in their respective classes (AWD, FWD, RWD) for their own elimination rounds and prize money.

Complimenting the marquee event on the drag strip is the Signature Speed Fest car show with over 30 classes welcoming all ranges of automotive excellence from old school muscle to the new generation of stanced imports. Full info on the Car Show can be found in the Car Show section.

for addtional info visit www.speed-fest.com

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedFestSFL

IMPORTANT INFO:
Spectator/crew $15
Racers $25
Car show $25
Old 11-18-2013, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Of course you will be running a Slicks/Drag Radials only event??
So as to keep the marginally prepped PBIR surface hooking hard for those who don't need to be frustrated due to spinning on a track that is running both real street tires, and Slicks/Drag Radial tires.
Right?

Or will PBIR have enough HANDS ON DECK, to re-prep the track after Street Tire cars are banded together in 2-3 lanes and runoff together before Slick/DR cars?
Thank you for your kind attention to this question in advance.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Can't get work off that day but will be at street racing made safe the next day!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Launching!

I am going to go but not going to run my car, still have some bugs I need to fix won't be ready in time.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

I'm in for this event!

Old 11-20-2013, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Arrow

Originally Posted by Joe G
I'm in for this event!
Great!...
btw pal, I've reached out to "Biz" & PBIR to find out about Track prep since it's not a "Slicks/DR's only event", or if they are taking track prep into account as Street Tires will be allowed in the mix. Thus hurting consistent starting line hookup.

Here's a quote from the description on the www.racepbir.com site for Dec.7th event:
"Speed Fest also features Grudge Racing and a full featured test n tune class where it's run what ya brung. Everyone is welcome here, from slick tire no times racers to motorcycles, to someone simply wanting to thrash on a rental car they got for the weekend. It's all welcome at Speed Fest!!"

I Love it, and am looking forward to it.
But am wondering what they'll do about the track prepping with Street Tires in the mix, as most of us know what goes on with track prep and clean up at PBIR on "Test and Tune nights".
So hopefully this track prep query will be addressed by "the powers to be" at Biz & PBIR.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

I learned a little secret - if you line up one tire width toward the tree out of the groove, the glue tends to be very good there. People tear up the groove but one tire to the inside is often good.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Teching In

check out vid of one of our event

Quick Reply: Speed Fest @ PBIR PALM BEACH FL