Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Un-Fing REAL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Man that would be great, if it's something that simple, but things in my life never seem to be that simple, lol...ehhh...

Is there anyone in JAX that can come help me with this?! I don't have much $$ after this buy, but I can buy you lunch. I also have a 01 Trans Am you can pull some parts from, but the good stuff is gone.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsteele90
follow the metal lines under the car that go from your radiator to the passenger side of the transmission. there are 2 of them.
Thanks for the info Bro!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by o2k
I feel your pain.. I had my own issues the day I picked mine up.
No doubt Bro! This is so surreal!

Originally Posted by bboyferal
One of those lines popping from just braking... I don't know...

That tow company is going to help with ******* up the bumper though, right?
Yeah, that's the only thing I remember seeming awkward, just before my buddy pulled along side me yelling.

I talked to the owner of the Tow company and he requested pics so hopefully he's willing to work things out. One thing though.... Since this is Ram Air, I wonder if **** got fucked up underneath, when the board jacked up into the bumper.

Originally Posted by 1badSS
That sucks! With that said, the new car looks good, other than the issue with the trans. You still have your other vert?
Damn Bro, it's been a little bit since we've talked!

Thanks man, the car has it's issues, need a new paint job (has a sub-Macco on it now) and I need to get rid of that baige interior, but the body is...errrr...WAS strait!

Yeah I still have my other Bird. The plan was to pull the LS1 out of the WS6 and put it in the 98 T/A then put the LQ9 into the WS6, but until this mess gets fix, that's on hold.

So is you woman letting you out of the house now, or what, lol

Originally Posted by Street Racer
stupid cars !!! sorry to hear about your bad luck
Thanks Bro!

Originally Posted by ss performance
You can get a additive that glows under a UV light. If you added some to the trans and ran the car for a short distance, or put it on jack stands and ran it, then you could use the light to locate the leak.

If I remember correctly the trans cooler lines connect to the radiator on the passenger side. If one of the cracked or had a leak you might get fluid around that area.

When you looked was the trans dip stick seated? If a trans gets hot enough it can push fluid out the tube. This can be very dangerous. If the fluid gets on the header it can catch on fire.

How much trans fluid did you loose? Does the fluid smelled burnt? Is it red or brown?

Maybe a trans guru can chime in.

Tow company's have insurance for stuff like this. They will try to refuse and weasel out of it. Don't let them fix it themselves they will try to cheap it out. Many states regulate or license the tow companies so you might have some leverage there.

Good luck.

I'll look into that, thanks man!

Originally Posted by Cooldude5231
Theres lines on yhe pass side of the trans that go to the trans cooler. One probably popped off or something
I'm hoping that's it

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Could of split of popped off a line. Also check where the dipstick tube for the trans goes into the transmission oil pan. The rubber o-ring for the dipstick could of failed.
The stick was seated tight, from what I recall.

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
If the car was still driving like normal, and the fluid it localized to the passenger side, it definitely sounds like a cooler line let loose. the come out of the trans on the passenger side just behind the bellhousing and run along the oil pan, then cross over to the passenger side of the front of the motor and out to the radiator support. The line may have had a weak spot from vibration/rubbing and the higher pressure caused from that pull may have finished popping it. Sucks for sure man, hope that's all it is. That is an easy fix.
Yeah Bro, I hope that's all it is.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Bro, it's been a little bit since we've talked!

Thanks man, the car has it's issues, need a new paint job (has a sub-Macco on it now) and I need to get rid of that baige interior, but the body is...errrr...WAS strait!

With two kids and another on the way, I don't get out much. I sold the SS about a year ago. Moved out of state "for a better paying job" that was a joke. I'm planning on moving back around the end of April. Looking to pick up another lsx car sometime then.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Bro, I didn't even know you moved, lol... Well hit me up when you get back in town
Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
Damn Bro, I didn't even know you moved, lol... Well hit me up when you get back in town
Will do!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

So, did you spot the leak? If not, double check any rubber lines(squeeze them, looking for cracks) and all connections. Sometimes a connection point loosens and since that fluid is pumped, it will gladly and very rapidly, exit.

You can be a little re-assured here. The symptoms you've given are almost always related to lines, coolers or maybe a radiator and almost never directly related to the transmission being your leak. It seems you stopped soon enough to not damage the trans and if that's the case, this fix will be fairly quick and fairly cheap and if you wanna try, you can probably do it yourself in the driveway with basic tools(including a jack and stands).
Old 03-11-2014, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been so busy with my mom and her Doctors visits and everything else so I haven't been able to get it to a shop yet. Some jackhole stole my jack so I cant lift it to look.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

I certainly understand taking care of mom... Mine just had another pacemaker issue. She's still able to move, so...

No rush anyway. It's not like this is your only outlet to get somewhere... Take your time and enjoy the experience as much as possible. Kinda like takin' mom places...
Old 03-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Damn man, bad start on that relationship. Well....as they say...it can only get better right?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You drove how far for that thing?!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LLave
You drove how far for that thing?!
300 miles, why?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it may be frustrating now but you got a pretty sweet car for cheap. IMO get it detailed and get some different wheels for it (chrome) and thats a legit cruiser.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Like others have said, the cooler lines are on the Passenger side of the car. I'd check those first.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since the local guys are unwilling to help, save for 2 that offered, but can't, I am taking it to a shop on Monday. Hopefully it will be on the road by Friday
Old 03-16-2014, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Good luck... I think you'll have this fixed cheap and easy.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well got the Trans Coolant lines fix... 400 ******* dollars later! But now, I think I have a bearing letting go and will soon be a returning member of the Spun Bearing Club!

Here's the thread I've already posted, about it. I don't expect any offers of help from the local members so I didn't bother to post the thread here, but I figured I should update this one for those that were kind enough to discuss the Trans issue with me.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...still-car.html

Quick Reply: Un-Fing REAL!!!!