Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Who around can set up a ls1 for flex fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Who around can set up a ls1 for flex fuel?

I heard now it can be done with the 99 and up stock computer. I don't mind getting the parts but need help with install and tune. Car has a Formato tune that has been corrected in regards to driveability issues....
Old 03-05-2018, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

You might check with Roastin240. He's local to us.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you
Old 03-06-2018, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad you corrected that Formato tune. Can't tell you how many **** shows i've fixed that have come out of his shop in the CTS-V community. His tuning has got sloppy as well. As for flexfuel on a LS1 0411 PCM, here is a thread dedicated to gen III and flex fuel. https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-write-up.html

Beyond that, install of the hardparts is actually pretty simple.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will never deal with them again. I thought he was the best. Car runs much better now.
Thanks.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I will never deal with them again. I thought he was the best. Car runs much better now.
Thanks.
Don't blame you one bit. I started to have him tune my V when I first moved to Florida last year, but after speaking with him at Cadillac Attack, eavesdropping on a conversation he was having making ridiculous claims as to why two cars he tuned were running like ****, and seeing another tuner take the car around the parking lot to tune it shave half a second off on the first pass, I ended up having Justin White tune my V. If you need any help with the FF stuff lmk. I've installed a few kits though never on an Fbody running the 0411. I'm just up the road in Cocoa/PSJ
Old 03-07-2018, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car ran good at WOT but driveability sucked. Stalling out etc. I know a 102TB/MAF is a pita but bucking etc was embarrassing especially when others back in MD had set up with T rex and drove nice. Spider worked on it and its way better though he is not 100 percent happy.

Yes I do need help I have very limited time for car. Car is in the middle of doing a vacuum pump on it. PITA with tilted radiator from ram air and still has AC. I am in Rockledge and we have a boat at Harbortown so that is no problem in regards to location.. Problem is having multiple hotrods. Drugs would be cheaper hobby and less timing consuming
Old 03-08-2018, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Car ran good at WOT but driveability sucked. Stalling out etc. I know a 102TB/MAF is a pita but bucking etc was embarrassing especially when others back in MD had set up with T rex and drove nice. Spider worked on it and its way better though he is not 100 percent happy.

Yes I do need help I have very limited time for car. Car is in the middle of doing a vacuum pump on it. PITA with tilted radiator from ram air and still has AC. I am in Rockledge and we have a boat at Harbortown so that is no problem in regards to location.. Problem is having multiple hotrods. Drugs would be cheaper hobby and less timing consuming
Well if you want to order the parts I can assist. It's fairly simple, put the sensor inline for the fuel feed, one wire to ground, one to ignition 12v, and one to pin 56 I believe. Then you'll have to load the OS from a flex fuel tahoe/suburban/whatever. You'll be restricted to 2 bar if you're boosted just so you know. The 0411 can't handle 3 bar and flex fuel without shitting bricks from my understanding of it.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

My car is heads cam intake. No boost. Its my nice daily. What parts should I get? Has racetronix and 42lbers on it now. Makes low 400s at the wheels
Old 03-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

My car is heads cam intake. No boost. Its my nice daily. What parts should I get? Has racetronix and 42lbers on it now. Makes low 400s at the wheels
TBH you're not going to notice a difference between E85 and 93 unless you're boosted or high compression. My 13 GS was full bolt on, heads, cam, etc that I put flex fuel on and it only saw a 14hp difference throughout the curve on E85. Was like 577 on 93 and 589 peak on E85. It smells nice though lol, but its something to take into consideration before you do it. Theres a good possibility you're going to need larger injectors as you will more than like max out though 42s. You'll also need the flex fuel sensor, a harness, some fittings to add the sensor inline with the stock rail, and access to HPT to flash the new OS
Old 03-10-2018, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was expecting a tad less. I will take it.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTinMan
Don't blame you one bit. I started to have him tune my V when I first moved to Florida last year, but after speaking with him at Cadillac Attack, eavesdropping on a conversation he was having making ridiculous claims as to why two cars he tuned were running like ****, and seeing another tuner take the car around the parking lot to tune it shave half a second off on the first pass, I ended up having Justin White tune my V. If you need any help with the FF stuff lmk. I've installed a few kits though never on an Fbody running the 0411. I'm just up the road in Cocoa/PSJ
I had the exact opposite experience with my CTS-V. I had a bad experience with Justin, and Jeremy was able to fix the car and got it running very well. Justin also had a crazy amount of timing in the tune and had me doing WOT pulls... I was lucky it didn't hurt the car.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by candidate zero
I had the exact opposite experience with my CTS-V. I had a bad experience with Justin, and Jeremy was able to fix the car and got it running very well. Justin also had a crazy amount of timing in the tune and had me doing WOT pulls... I was lucky it didn't hurt the car.
Whose Justin?