Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Flying Window Tinters in Longwood - Rude!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flying Window Tinters in Longwood - Rude!!!

Okay, I have what’s a unique situation with the tint job on my car. On one of the windows it turns out the window has a chip in it, which I was unaware of. When they tinted the windows they of course tinted over this chip. From what I can tell, it looked like the tint never adhered properly in that spot, but I am not sure. Either way, I feel that when they went to tint it, they should have notified me that it could be a problem, then I could decide if I wanted it tinted or not. They are professionals and work with windows and tint everyday. I feel with their level of expertise they should know when such may be a problem.

I would rather have not paid the 200 bucks to get tint, if the risk was probable that it would not be able to be done properly. If I had chosen to go ahead and tint it at that point, and it tore, then it would be my fault. But I consider it their responsibility to notify me ahead of time there may be a problem. Similar to when you go to get your brake pads replaced, and they tell you your calipers are sticking. If you don’t fix it, the pads wear quickly and need replaced again. If you were notified that could happen, then it is your fault. If the mechanic did the job knowing it could be a problem, without telling you, that is poor service on his part...

However this was not the biggest problem I had today when I went to get it fixed. The problem I had was the condescending attitude the guy there had with me. Laughing at me for even thinking he should attempt to accommodate me, and then when I disagreed with him he did not just raise his voice, he was flat at yelling at me in the parking lot. This situation sucks, because I have had many cars tinted there, and they have historically done an excellent job. However after today’s events, I will never return there for tint work, nor will I recommend them to anyone. I was very courteous to him, and not once attacked him personally, or raised my voice to him. His yelling and ‘finger in my face’ attitude, pissed me off, but I did not reciprocate with the same.

So in closing, I would suggest you not go there for tint work.

The places name is Flying Window Tinters, and they are located in Longwood on 17-92.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I live right off of 17-92 less than 3 miles away from longwood... I need to get my passenger and driver-side windows tinted, now I know one place that is off my list.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

I usually go to a place in deltona, it's on 17-92 <I'll have to get back to you w/the name of the place>, I've had all of my cars done there for 10+ yrs and they do an awesome job....I'll have to dig up that name for you.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

I live up in Deltona.. It may be TNT or maybe Car Tunes & Tint... Both of them are up there on 17-92... I've never had them do anything for me, but would be interested in knowing how good there work is...
Old 12-08-2004, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

Yes, it is TNT Window Tinting (386)775-2040, 1280 South Volusia Avenue. I have had some 10+ cars done there, including all my F-Bodies (6 to date). They do 1 piece on the rear hatch, which is difficult to do. I have had all my friends and family take their cars there and haven't had any problems yet! Great price too! Hope this helps!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$200 for a tint job on a Camaro/Bird is a little too expensive in the first place. Anyways, thanks for the heads up and sorry about your experience.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm at 17-92 and 436, and get a lot of work done at various shops on 17-92 in Longwood. I will NOT go there either. Sorry you got hassled, and thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited by ramairbrc; 12-20-2004 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Default Bad Service Tint

I Guess this guy fucked up, You just dont treat people like **** especially when they bring you buisness. This stuff is good to know good and bad so other people can make a good decisions on shops.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:27 AM
11 Second Club

damn 200 for window tint??? wow !!!!

sorry you got shafted man.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats shitty
Old 12-20-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm hoping that someone from that shop will read these posts and make good.

I guess they treated you like that because they just have too much business to worry about it.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

So does anyone know of a window tinting place around Orlando that uses FormulaOne tint, other than Flying Window Tinters? I am looking to just get the drivers side fixed, and would like the tint to be matched up all the way around...

Quick Reply: Flying Window Tinters in Longwood - Rude!!!