Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Whos Coming To No Bull Shootout Orlando 12/12

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 10:05 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whos Coming To No Bull Shootout Orlando 12/12

So Whos Coming Out To The No Bull Shootout Orlando 12/12. Hopefully there will be some fast LS1s coming to Orlando after Bradenton Sat. All you need to have is token mufflers, lights and tags. Eric (Next) says you wont be competitive with a high 9s car but the red Nova that won 2 years ago is a 9.8-10.0 car and beat a 9.2 car in the final for the $1000, so it can be done.
P.S. anyone coming from Bradenton after the BMP race can stay at my friend Jeff`s house about 8 miles from Orlando Speedworld. Someone like Lee could walk away with braging rights, anyone that can cut a good light on a pro tree and hook up in evey round can win some races.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey where can I find the rules on this NO Bull shootout stuff?

I might be interested.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

I'll be there, but just spectating.

FEAR, there aren't a whole lotta rules, but here's the web page for NBN:

http://www.cfldrag.org/nbn.html
Old 12-09-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hrmm I've been giving this some thought... I think my car would be very competitive in this race but here's some things I'm worried about:

1. Fuel. I have a 3 gallon fuel cell in my car, I'm worried that I might run out of gas on the 16 mile cruise. Also I was wondering if I made the cruise, are you allowed to refuel at the track?

2. Bringing stuff with me. If I leave my truck and trailer at the cruise starting point I would have to put my tools, air tank and fuel jugs etc in my car and bring it with me. Are they going to bitch that when I get to the track I am unloading all this gear from my car? Also what do they mean by "no wrenching" ?

3. Passing Tech. Does the track do a tech inspection on all the cars or since its an outlaw race do they look the otherway? If you run 9's are required to have your 9 sec lic and safety gear? My car is NHRA certified and I have my comp license good to 7.50 et and full safety gear etc, I'm just curious if its like other outlaw races I've been to where some cars have holes in the floorboard and the driver is only wearing a helmet running 8.90s in the 1/4.

4. Passenger. Do they allow passengers in the car during the cruise?

5. Tires. I sure would hate to pick up something in my slicks, it wouldn't be worth it to kill slick if I picked up a nail or what ever driving on the street. Not that big of a deal, but just a concern.

All the other rules I don't see a problem with. I can put my mufflers on the car for this race and everything else looks fine. Can anyone thats been to or know this race very well answer these? It will take some work for me to get the car ready and stay the night in Bradenton to go race in Orlando, if I decide to go for it I've only got 2 day to prep for this.

Thanks!
Lee
Old 12-09-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Lee,

You can check on their forums: http://www.cfldrag.org/forum/index.php?

Or send an email to DRock: drock@cfldrag.org

I'm not really sure about all of the details.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Lee,

I've helped out the track and organizer of this event as an official for all but one of the races. I should be able to answer your questions.

Fuel. Well that's one you'll have to figure out for your mileage. The rules are if the trail car passes you on the cruise because you have to stop, you're out of the race.

I would suggest getting someone to bring your truck/trailer to the track. The cruise start point is a Publix parking lot. Nobody would bitch if you did load unload your car at the track, it would just prove it's a street car. No wrenching is just to keep guys from changing their car setup from the cruise to the race.

Tech won't be a problem. Biggest thing OSW requires is that you sign a waiver saying you meet NHRA requirements. I've never seen anyone request a license. Also, this event is run with NO TIMES. No slips, no boards on, just a tree and go. There's quite a few street racers that like to keep things a secret.

Passengers wouldn't be a problem, but if I had one I'd use that guy to bring my truck/trailer.

Don't know if it helps, but I've never seen anyone cut a slick on the cruise.

Eric
Old 12-09-2004, 10:44 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I'll be at the track running but not in the No Bull. I'm just trying to get the car into the 11's with cam only stock suspension. I'm trailering it down so I can give it hell and if the rear breaks (10 bolt) oh well.
The weather is looking awesome for Sunday!
See ya'll there.
Russ
Old 12-09-2004, 06:39 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FEAR THE LS1
Hey where can I find the rules on this NO Bull shootout stuff?

I might be interested.
Like Scream said there are`nt really any rules except mufflers, street legal(kind of ), and you have to finish the cruise in front of Eric. I alway unload my jack,tools,street tires at the track no big deal. Basically the fastest car or best driver with a fast car wins, you should have a good chance and its a nice payout!!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

ill be there, spectating of course. im too slow to compete
Old 12-10-2004, 08:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Caveman
Eric (Next) says you wont be competitive with a high 9s car but the red Nova that won 2 years ago is a 9.8-10.0 car and beat a 9.2 car in the final for the $1000, so it can be done.

For the record, I said I am not interested in running until I feel I can be more competitive. I'm not discouraging anyone, at any ET from not joining in this event. Hell, the more the merrier!

From what I know of the field for this one, there's gonna be some damn fast cars Should be a great event!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

thanks for volunteering my house Caveman.

seriously if anyone wants to crash on the couch you're more than welcome, but i'm warning ya my cat might attack ya.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Caveman
So Whos Coming Out To The No Bull Shootout Orlando 12/12. Hopefully there will be some fast LS1s coming to Orlando after Bradenton Sat. All you need to have is token mufflers, lights and tags. Eric (Next) says you wont be competitive with a high 9s car but the red Nova that won 2 years ago is a 9.8-10.0 car and beat a 9.2 car in the final for the $1000, so it can be done.
P.S. anyone coming from Bradenton after the BMP race can stay at my friend Jeff`s house about 8 miles from Orlando Speedworld. Someone like Lee could walk away with braging rights, anyone that can cut a good light on a pro tree and hook up in evey round can win some races.
If your talking about a red 75 or 76 nova it was up here at gainesville last weekend for the no lip race which is just like the no bull race. He ran 9.54@143 in the finals spraying the hell out of it. good luck everyone.

Last edited by villain72; 12-10-2004 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling and content
Old 12-10-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Yup, that was John.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Default Race Times

What time is Sat/Sun race times, what time does the event start. I am going to both and cant wait to see whats up with Florida's LS1. I just moved here from Houston Texas After i graduated from the School of Automotive Machinist. This week i should have bein at the PRI show but couldnt make it.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:32 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bronopain
What time is Sat/Sun race times, what time does the event start. I am going to both and cant wait to see whats up with Florida's LS1. I just moved here from Houston Texas After i graduated from the School of Automotive Machinist. This week i should have bein at the PRI show but couldnt make it.
The LS1 race in Bradenton is full but should be fun to see, some people might not make it so you could race if so. It goes from 3pm to 9pm, everyones getting there earlier though. On I-75 South go past the south entrance for I-275 then over the big bridge to the next exit for Zolfo Springs, go left the track is about 7 miles.
For the No Bull Shootout on Sun in Orlando the gates open at 9:30am for test-tune racing. The No Bull cars do the prerace cruise and get to the track about 10 - 10:30am. To get there take I-4 to Hwy50 East go about 10 - 12 miles the track is on the right.See you there.
Dave
Old 12-11-2004, 01:39 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by villain72
If your talking about a red 75 or 76 nova it was up here at gainesville last weekend for the no lip race which is just like the no bull race. He ran 9.54@143 in the finals spraying the hell out of it. good luck everyone.
That Nova is faster than I thought, I was in Gville last Fri too. I wonder if that black 2nd gen Camaro is gonna run No Bull, that thing is crazy fast. I dont think even Mark Shiebs car could beat it.

Quick Reply: Whos Coming To No Bull Shootout Orlando 12/12