Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Marine. Read the thread and you'll see the usual on-goings. Hope to see you out soon, looks like a nice ride.

And I've decided that I am selling my car. I'll let SSLOW explain my reasoning.

Good race Kyle.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey guys,ill be in panama city from the 16th thru the 21st or so,i should be down in pensacola a day or 2 during that week,anywhere in town that people hang out,cruise,etc etc???
Old 06-28-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
Hey Marine. Read the thread and you'll see the usual on-goings. Hope to see you out soon, looks like a nice ride.

Good race Kyle.
Ok...you better pm me and explain damn it!!!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Okay I was kidding about selling my car, I was just venting.

We finally got my headers and exhaust finished up Sunday afternoon, and it took forever!!! Saved a bunch of money but it was alot harder than anticipated. Ben, your recommondation for the Pro XS was excellent. They sound amazing. A few things to fix but I am very, very happy with the outcome.

Now the reason I am venting. I had an impromptu race with SSLOW (Kyle) last night. His mods are magnaflow muffler, SLP flo-pac and a lid. My mods are lid, MMS ported TB, SLP LT headers and 2.5in OTA dual exhaust. So technically I should be well ahead of him on power. From 45-110 I had BARELY half a car on him.

So instead of selling my car I ordered a SPEC 3 clutch and flywheel, SLP pulley, LS6 intake, SFC, and some LCA's. So on that note....

Ben is a week day or weekend better for you? I'd like to do the install on the 9th or the 6th but I'm open for any day but the 8th. Could you ask John about what day is good for him on gcfba.org, for some reason it won't let me log-in there And let me know how much I owe you for the help.

Luke
Old 06-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Cool

Good race Kyle.
come on now . . . .you beat me. It was a good race though . .
Old 06-28-2005, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by USMARINE1108
hey guys, Just moved to P-cola. So what's going on around here?
Read post on here as well as on
www.gulfcoastmuscle.org
www.gcfba.org
www.ls2.com /florida section
Old 06-28-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Okay I was kidding about selling my car, I was just venting.

We finally got my headers and exhaust finished up Sunday afternoon, and it took forever!!! Saved a bunch of money but it was alot harder than anticipated. Ben, your recommondation for the Pro XS was excellent. They sound amazing. A few things to fix but I am very, very happy with the outcome.

Now the reason I am venting. I had an impromptu race with SSLOW (Kyle) last night. His mods are magnaflow muffler, SLP flo-pac and a lid. My mods are lid, MMS ported TB, SLP LT headers and 2.5in OTA dual exhaust. So technically I should be well ahead of him on power. From 45-110 I had BARELY half a car on him.

So instead of selling my car I ordered a SPEC 3 clutch and flywheel, SLP pulley, LS6 intake, SFC, and some LCA's. So on that note....

Ben is a week day or weekend better for you? I'd like to do the install on the 9th or the 6th but I'm open for any day but the 8th. Could you ask John about what day is good for him on gcfba.org, for some reason it won't let me log-in there And let me know how much I owe you for the help.

Luke
I'm glad you are happy with the sound of the Borla XS. I hate making suggestions on exhaust for people, because everyone has their own preference. As for the race......driving helps alot!!!!! And you need a tune to help your engine realize the new found power. That would definitely help! If you have another 60-70 bucks, get some LCA relocation brackets from Spohn!!! That will help with wheel hop, which will give you better traction and your rearend will live longer.

On a brighter note, weekends are better for me. But since you will be cutting into my car building time, it's gonna cost you!
Old 06-28-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ben, are you saying I am a bad driver? My clutch needs to be replaced bad, it slipped quite a bit on the shift to third, hence the Spec 3. And relocation brackets are already on my list.

Well, I'll try and get in touch with John to see if the 9th is good for him. And just shoot me a price for your invaluable services , although anything over a few grand may be pushing it.

Anybody else that is interested in helping out on the 9th should come by. Hopefully Ben will have his engine ready to go in.

Luke

Last edited by 98BirdLS1; 06-28-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey whats up ladies!!! I didnt even know we had this forumn on here. Well my names Billy and all my crap is down right now. Hopefully it will be up and runnin soon. Just need to get the machine work done to the motor and it should start coming together quick. I am the one that shows up in the pewter avalanche. Ive got a 99 z that ill be driving again soon, but my main f-body is my 94 z (ss) convert. I will try and get a vid from home to post up if anyone can do it for me. But here is a couple shots of it. Maybe ill see yall this weekend. Later

Billy
Attached Thumbnails Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!-722601_19.jpg   Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!-722601_31.jpg  
Old 06-29-2005, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

hey guys havent posted on here in awhile. how does this cam sound ben..or anyone else that know stuff about cams. 221/221 .558 114 LS and luke how much did you pay for your LS6 intake. hey marine what base are you at?--Andrew
Old 06-29-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I found an intake on this site for real cheap, I'm just waiting on pics to verify authenticity. 250.00 plus shipping.

Luke
Old 06-29-2005, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Ben give me a call I seem to have lost your number,we could get that welding done that you needed this weekend. I'll take those tires you were wanting to get rid of,no need for me to try them out as i know they will hook better than my nittos.

Joe

01 SS Camaro Vert
Old 07-01-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ben. I told John everything is setup for Saturday the 9th, is that date still good for you? So far it will be the cam and springs and slapping a new pulley on during the finishing stage. Shouldn't be too hard. Joe your expirecne is welcome as well. Any particular time of the day?

Luke
Old 07-01-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bc56f100
Hey whats up ladies!!! I didnt even know we had this forumn on here. Well my names Billy and all my crap is down right now. Hopefully it will be up and runnin soon. Just need to get the machine work done to the motor and it should start coming together quick. I am the one that shows up in the pewter avalanche. Ive got a 99 z that ill be driving again soon, but my main f-body is my 94 z (ss) convert. I will try and get a vid from home to post up if anyone can do it for me. But here is a couple shots of it. Maybe ill see yall this weekend. Later

Billy
billy,
that car is ugly and so is your truck..lol.. hopefully u will have them on the road sometime this decade..lol so u can beat up on stage20....
Old 07-01-2005, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Luke,I'll be there on the 9th unless my new converter comes in.My TCI took a crap on me 2 weeks ago and I need to get it out before it takes my tranny with it. I should have went with Yank the first time now I've got to pull that sumbitch out again.I hate this **** sometime.

Joe

01 Camaro SS Vert
Old 07-02-2005, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

C'mon fellas all these local F-Bodies around Pensacola,I know somebody needs some work done.

Joe

01 Camaro SS Vert
Old 07-02-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey man I need some work done! Beside the cam, I need a pulley, thermostat, and LS6 intake all installed. I also need a clutch and flywheel installed along with an upgraded slave, and a Pro 5.0 shifter. After those I'll have to have my sub-frame connectors welded in as well as the rear control arms and relocation brackets.

So if you can do any of that just let me know hahah!!

Luke

Last edited by 98BirdLS1; 07-05-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July.

Ben are we a go for this weekend? Unfortunately the buyers backed out on both my intake manifold and my pulley so I went ahead and ordered a new pulley today, and still looking for an intake. Needless to say neither will be in by Saturday. So it's just going to be a cam and spring install. And I'll put the thermostat in after the radiator gets drained.

I'll drop my car off Friday night so we don't have to wait for it to cool off. And whatever time is best for you. Thanks again.

And John let me know if I'll need a touch-up tune after the intake and pulley get put on.

Luke
Old 07-05-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds good. PM sent.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July.

Ben are we a go for this weekend? Unfortunately the buyers backed out on both my intake manifold and my pulley so I went ahead and ordered a new pulley today, and still looking for an intake. Needless to say neither will be in by Saturday. So it's just going to be a cam and spring install. And I'll put the thermostat in after the radiator gets drained.

I'll drop my car off Friday night so we don't have to wait for it to cool off. And whatever time is best for you. Thanks again.

And John let me know if I'll need a touch-up tune after the intake and pulley get put on.

Luke

Yo fellas whats happening? I hope everyone had a great 4th! Man yall are the coolest MF'ers i know, that is awesome how you guys are willing to help out each other with these installs on our cars so we dont have to pay out the ying yang to get that crap done!

We otta go for a cruise soon! Im ready for one! Who is with me?

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!