Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

my bad expirences with DAYTONA SHOPS " ACTION PERFORMANCE AND STANS TRANSMISSIONS"

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my bad expirences with DAYTONA SHOPS " ACTION PERFORMANCE AND STANS TRANSMISSIONS"

simply put, ACTION PERFORMANCE really let me down. i went there off the reference of a ls1-tech member. The first time i was there i spoke with a guy who was really helpful and seemed to be a good guy, unfourtantely this was not the guy who was doing tranny work on 4l60e 's.

The guy Daren who i was refered to was; arrogant, impatent, rude, and worst of all talking out his *** he told me some insane things like "fbodys dont have tq management only corvettes do" and that i shoud buy a max of 2500 stall for my weekend soon to be head\cam car. also they did try and tell me on royal purple ATF by telling me they saw measurable Et improvemnts "a tenth or 2" by switching to royal purple oil.

after all this i was still planed for a verter instsll, but over the weekend i noticed my car was shifting weird at only 71 mph i went in and asked them their opnion, the first guy (who happened to be the nice guy i orignally talked with) said it sounded electricial, but of couse after explaining my problem to big D he falsely informed me that my sprag had failed and this can be the only cause to my problem and accordingly i needed a full rebuild ..

(turns out the car was tring to drop 2nd at 71 mph which lands it at 5900 rpms .. a minor glitch in my donated tune by a ls1-tech member who was helping me out a few months back..NO BIG DEAL)

my problem with this is this guy had failed to give a **** or didnt know enought to even consider anything but his wrong answer and could have cost me $2000+ for a new tranny (yes $2000+ ill get to that latter).

Daren continued by refering my to Stans Transmissions which again cited that i must need a rebuild. but the good news is the people at stans transmissions have found that the 4l60e transmission will never hold up for much longer than a year in a 11 sec street car and that all those fancy parts that most major builders use in their high power trannys are all sales gimmicks so thell do me a favor and for just over $2000 theyll build me up a stock spec 4l60e with bettter clutches and a shift kit...$2000!!! man i cant seem to say it enough these guys have to be idiots...disregarding the ripoff price mabye the reason their tranny dont hold up for long is beacouse they fail to invest in better internals! this is not to mention that for the same price century trans, flp, tci, dr evil, **** any other company on this planet will send you a complete transmission made for 650+ hp and since its a rebuild most people ive seen in the 10's only paid 900-1200 and are verry happy on their 3rd or 4th season without so much more than regular maintaince.

<THE SAD PART AOUT THIS IS 3 SHOPS WERE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT MY PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE JUST BY ASKING A FEW QUESTIONS..
THESE SHOPS WERE:

1: NORRIS MOTOR SPORTS
2: CENTURY TRANSMISSIONS
3: PAT'S TRANSMISSIONS

AND ACTION AND STANS BOTH HAD MY CAR IN THEIR PARKING LOT BUT WERE JUST TOO LAZY TO PROPERLY DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM!!!

Last edited by Jpr5690; 05-18-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

the good news is there are some good people in daytona!!!

Pat's Transmission was refered to me by Daytona Street and Performance (which i have mixed feelings about (DSP) but they have done good work for me)

Upon arriving to pats the people there are frendly, HONEST, and actually know what their talking about, this all coupled with fair prices!!!
Pat is big time in to performance work Knows his **** very well and is alot of fun just to shoot the **** with

Im not claiming they knew exactly what was worng with my tranny but they knew enugh to reccomend throwing a scanner on it and knew by doing so one could pinpoint weather it was a parts or a controll issue ... or in other words they werent sure but they werent dicks so they took the time to trouble shoot the problem with me and SAVED ME $2000

They also confermed that tq management does exist AND EVEN SHOWED ME HOW IT ALL WORKS..

and when i asked him about spending $100 on syn fluid he said most heat im concerned with willbe from the launch and no cooler or fluid will disicpate that heat that quickly so unless im in consistantly in traffic im better off with the cheep **** and thus ca afford to change it more often.

THAT WAS YESTER DAY SINCE THEN IVE ALREADY LINED UP ONE TRANS PACK INSTALL FOR HIM AND HOPE TO SEND HIM AS MUCH BUSINESS AS POSSIBLE

O YEA HE ALSO OFFERED TO BUILD ME A FULLY BUILT TRANNY (WHEN THE TIME COMES) WITH R & R THIS TRANNY WAS VERY SIMLAR TO A FLP STAGE 4 IN PARTS IN OTHER WORDS LOADED WITH ALL THE "HI-TECH SO CALLED SALES GIMMICKS") FOR $1100....

Last edited by Jpr5690; 05-18-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

O BTW IF ANY OF YOU NEED A GOOD, AND I MEAN REAL GOOD PAINT OR BODY SHOP

CHECK OUT THE COLLSION STATION IN PORT ORANGE. IVE BEEN DOING WORK WITH THEM FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AND THEY ARE THE BEST IVE EVER SEEN IF YOU ALL NEED PICS OF THEIR WORK LET ME KNOW
Old 05-18-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

ALL IN ALL IM STILL PISSED OFF... THE REASON IS I HAVE FUTURE HEAD\CAM INSTALL PLANNED FOR MY CAR AND AS OF NOW I DONT HAVE ANY LOCAL SHOPS I WANT TO DO WORK WITH NORRIS IS MY CLOSEST BET BUT THEY WILL CHARGE MORE THAN I CAN AFFORD IM SURE.. THIS IS NOT TO SAY ITS NOT WORTH IT, IM JUST NOT THAT RICH..

O YEA THANKS TO THE GUYS AT NORRIS MOTORSPORTS THEY ALSO WERE SMART ENOUGH TO TELL ME RIGHT OFF THE BAT THE PROBLEM WAS NOT GONNA COST ME A REBUILD , ACTULAAY THEY WERE THE FIRST TO TIP ME OFF ON THIS IDEA.. EVERY TIME IVE CALLED THERE THEY HAVE GIVEN ME GOOD ADVICE AND IF I WAS RICH ENOUGH ID SURE AS HELL GET MY WORK DONE THERE
Old 05-18-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

O YEA IF YOU DONT MIND THE WAIT SCRAPE N CUSTOMES (NEW SYMRNA) IS ALSO A EXTREAMLY GOOD PLACE TO GET JUST ABOUT ANYTING CUSTOME DONE.. THEY'VE DONE A GOOD DEAL OF WORK FOR ME INCLUDING HAND LAID FIBERGLASS FOR THE REAR HATCH AREA (PICS AVAIBLE) AND IVE NOT MET A PERSON YET THAT HASENT BEEN BLOWN AWAY BY THEIR QUALITY, **** EVEN THEIR COMPETORS HAVE GVEN THEM GENEROUS COMPLIMENTS .. THE ONLY PROBLEM THEIR IS THEIR ABOUT AS SLAMED AS A SHOP CAN GET SO ITS HARD TO GET ANYTHING DONE QUICKLY THROUGH THEM BUT IF YA GOT THE TIME THEIR WELL WORTH THE WAIT
Old 05-20-2005, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Are these guys paying you to advertise?? Let me know how that tranny works out for ya from Pat's transmissions. I'm leery about letting anyone touch a 4l60 tranny in the state of Fla.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what's the deal? A stgIV 4l60e costs half as much as a rebuilt t-56 w/steel 3/4 shift fork? and here i thought that the manuals were cheaper to rebuild
Old 05-20-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am going to warn you about advertising for a non-sponser JPR. stop it or the post will be deleted. take it to PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

gator iv been on this forum forever IM NOT ADVERTISING HELL PATS TRANSMISSION DOSENT KNOW WHAT LS1 TECH IS AND THE GUY IS BASICALLY COMPUTER ILLETRATE i am just letting people know my expirences this post was mainly desgined to answer the 4+ active threads in the fl section acking about shops THATS IT if you dont belive what i say is true talk with jimmy blue he does my tuning and can tell you im not makeing this up
Old 05-20-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

gotmesom i just has a verter installed and all is good their nice guys i dont need a tranny yet .. hell when the droped my pan my atf was cherry red and barely and sediment in my pan at all .. in their words the tranny is in excellent shape
Old 05-20-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

1) stop typing with caps locked. it means you are yelling. we dont want to read your posts in a yelling format. be nice.
2) if SCRAPE N CUSTOMES, COLLSION STATION, and Pat's Transmission wants to pay to advertise and sponser the board thats great, but as a moderator of this forum, i appreciate your testimonial but we have rules to be fair to the paying sponsers. Your point is taken and fully understood. the fact that everything is in CAPS, you are virtually the only one replying to this thread, as well as attention gaining colors and bold print show me you could be advertising for them. in fact you even admit you work for one of the companys. if the pimping doesnt continue then i will leave this post as information for the florida forum. otherwise i will have to lock it.

thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I DONT WORK FOR ANY OF THESE COMPANYS!
Old 05-20-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

and thats in bold beacouse you are mistaken ive said they done work for me .. i am an UNemployed UCF student I have no jobs as of now and have never worked for any of these companys

as a matter of fact you should delete that beacouse your now discrediting my testmony which i feel strongly about since i has alot of trouble with these shops and it did take me along time to find good help with my car

additonally i bolded all the important facts in these very large posts if you look carefully i even bolded thins like tq management does exist and the trashing of 2 other non sponcers
Old 05-20-2005, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Norris is good people.. he will always point you in the right direction..

Mike
Old 05-20-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

the reason theres mulitable posts is to seperate the topics and make this long *** post more easily readable i you look those posts were done back to back im not replying to my own posts just breaking it up for better reading .. and i even discussed a sponser here im not playing favroites here or advertising just giving a heads up to the locals... you should really move to daytona before you speak... its very hard to find good help here

and again i dont have any incentive past the good expirences to promote these companys.. and since im not selling anything i cant possible be advertising.... o yea im a business major witha minor in marketing so i think i would know if i was advertising
Old 05-20-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

and caps lock means to emphsize a point like bloding it it does not mean im yelling at you there is no anger in the caps lock button just a bit of emphisis
Old 05-20-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

congrats on working on a business major. i only have an MBA. maybe you can teach me a thing or to. as for discrediting you, i doubt i did anything to further that.

sounds like to me you have a lot of time on your hands to post and have had a hard time with a lot of performance companys.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

nice degree why not go for anything useful like accounting, or finance i mean we all know an mba is just a sampler platter of all the easy business cources; kinda a way to get a business degree without learning anything... o yea im not the one with 4k+ posts and spends my days moderating ls1 tech (not that its a bad place to be)
Old 05-20-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

but anaways this has got to stop.... and you are discrediting me or at least tring to...

if you wanna fight this out like kids, well im nt intrested im just too busy getting paid the big bucks advertising daytona beach shops on ls1 tech
Old 05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

ok to be completly fair it does sound a little like a promotion but im not intending to sell anything nor to i benfit in any way from this if anything id like to get from this post is an apolgy from stans and action the shops that do my work dont really need help advertising collsion station took 1st and 3 rd places in the recent hot import nights for show cars and scrape n customes has at least 10 minitruckin mag covers dedicated to cars theyve done.. the only thing that makes it neat for me is with both of thss companys i can remember when they just opened their doors and now their BIG as far as pats goes i really think daytona folks need to know to stay clear of the other tranny shops hell most wont even get work done round here and i just wanted to let them know i did find a dedcent place so they dont have to drive far far away when their tranny goes ..WISH SOMEBODY COULD HAVE DONE THE SAME FOR ME IT TOOK ME A WEEK OF CONTINOUS BS ARGUMENTS WITH SOME OF TE LOCAL SHOPS TO FIND ONE THAT SEEMED WORTH WORKING WITH

(NOT FOR THE MBA SHOULD HAVE TOUGHT YOU THERES A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WORKING WITH SOMEBODY AND FOR SOMEBODY)

anaways im done with this post feel free to lock it but i do feel even with this whole argument in it its still benfical to to the locals and ive already got a few inqueries on this post through pm's so if anybody else has questions feel free to pm me or post em up (providing gator dosent get mad and lock this up)

Quick Reply: my bad expirences with DAYTONA SHOPS " ACTION PERFORMANCE AND STANS TRANSMISSIONS"