Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

What is the best city in Florida to move to?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you guys think about Clearwater and St Pete? Also what parts of Orlando are good to live in? I have never been to Jacksonville but staringback05 makes it sound good. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like some of the other guys said, the north part of orlando is ok, dont think so much orlando as like lake mary, lake howell, oviedo, debary...those areas will keep u close to orlando but far enough away from the clutter....st. pete is really crowded and the crime is kinda bad...once again if ur considerin tampa area look north....ie new tampa, zephyrhills, wesley chapel...these will be ur best bets....but my city still rocks socks off
Old 04-11-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm looking to move to Palm Coast. I hear it's really nice over there.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uggh my buddy lives in jacksonville and it's rednecky and boring to me , IMO!! Alltell stadium sucks too!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for all of the replies. I will keep these in mind in making my decision.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

I've been to Pensacola for Navy schooling...going back for another 6 months this fall. It's the biggest shithole I've ever seen. Hell it makes Norfolk look nice!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

staringback05 is right about the orlando area you want to be in seminole county dont forget bokey also known as Sanford but anywhere around here is good just stay out of downtown Orlando.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

Any ideas about Fort Lauderdale? One of my friends suggested I check that out. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another vote for Orlando!! Or anywhere in central Florida(even surrounding areas alot of the "bed-room communities like Deltona/Debary/Orange city etc.)!! Florida, as a whole is the ****!!! BEST state, BEAUTIFUL women, great weather to drive your nice cars around in all year round, huge population So much to do! IMHO paradise, i missi t sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, Korea just ain't the same
Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

well now that some more guys added on here, i guess i can say somemore.....palm coast is really nice, so is bunnell but there growing beyond belief....flagler county is the fastest growing county in the USA, as for good ole jville being rednecky...1. ur in the south 2. were next door to southern ga. 3. obviously u havent been to mandarin or ponte vedra which makes alot of the upper class places around the state look like garbage and finally...its not alltel ITS THE GATOR BOWL. lol and boring? ive lived here most of my life...i know plenty to do....hmm FT. laudy....its ok lots of old people and newyorkers but the beachs r nice, kinda expensive....pcola is a straight navy town, like jax almost is, BUT ur all up on alabama, and theres no waves on the west coast which is great for surfing and in turn draws more hunnies to watch the surfers....ie i know i surf along spots on the east coast....
Old 04-21-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I heard that about Flagler County. I think Palm Coast is where I'm heading.

Last edited by Mike98WS6; 05-04-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

another Vote for Orlando.. i like it alot not so much croweded and yes sometime i do hate the tourist... n can get boring at times...miss livin there thought ... compared to now living in miami so crowded and ppl r rude... trowing there cars at u n worse traffic ....but for me miami works...maybe cuz i speak spanish lol..
Old 04-21-2006, 10:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ARCTICWHITE98Z28
What do you guys think about Clearwater and St Pete? Also what parts of Orlando are good to live in? I have never been to Jacksonville but staringback05 makes it sound good. Thanks.
Tampa is nice. We have meet some great people from a car club in Tampa. Theres a nice track in ClearWater to.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by staringback05
well now that some more guys added on here, i guess i can say somemore.....palm coast is really nice, so is bunnell but there growing beyond belief....flagler county is the fastest growing county in the USA, as for good ole jville being rednecky...1. ur in the south 2. were next door to southern ga. 3. obviously u havent been to mandarin or ponte vedra which makes alot of the upper class places around the state look like garbage and finally...its not alltel ITS THE GATOR BOWL. lol and boring? ive lived here most of my life...i know plenty to do....hmm FT. laudy....its ok lots of old people and newyorkers but the beachs r nice, kinda expensive....pcola is a straight navy town, like jax almost is, BUT ur all up on alabama, and theres no waves on the west coast which is great for surfing and in turn draws more hunnies to watch the surfers....ie i know i surf along spots on the east coast....
LOL , I've lived im more countries than you have cities and you know what a good place to live is?? OK! See by moving around you actally have something to compare with. Us "yankees" do not want to be surrounded by necks (southerners are not necks).
Old 05-03-2006, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow.....
Old 05-20-2006, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

I moved from Grand Rapids to Melbourne, about a year and a half ago, for a job down here. I'm going out to the same company's Boulder CO location for 3 months, and frankly, I'm glad to be leaving Melbourne. I don't know if I'll be moving to Boulder permanently, but I don't really relish the thought of coming back here.

I'm sure other parts of Florida are nicer, but Melbourne sucks. All it's got is people that've moved here in the last 10 years, it's like there's nothing but housing and strip malls. The beach is great, and the weather is great, but after the first 6-12 months, even for a Michigander, the novelty wears off. Melbourne doesn't seem to have anything you can't find in a town of 5,000 people, but the traffic sucks and there's people everywhere, and housing is really expensive. Worst aspects of a small town and bigger city, rolled into one.

From brief visits, St Augustine is nice, Tampa is nice, Jacksonville looked really interesting. Um, actually, everywhere seems nicer than Melbourne.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've lived im more countries than you have cities
That's funny, but, I'll bet I've been to and live in more countries than you have!

You're right ... gives you more to compare to ... I guess. About all Florida's cities and towns offer a lot. Once you live in them, though, I haven't found more comfortable places than Lake Mary and Saint Augustine.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 05-20-2006 at 02:40 PM. Reason: To expound on a point
Old 05-21-2006, 01:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

actually, ive been to more states then most people will go in there life (41)...i just said ive lived here, ive also lived in gville, waldo, nashville, and asheville....ive been to 4 different countries...so its not like im a redneck myself...ive also had family live in most large towns in fl. and i have spent major time in every county from escambia and bay to duval and st johns to dade and polk .....ive been up north nj,pa,ny,oh etc etc...and i hate it...some of the most rude people ive ever met in my life....this is what kinda pisses me off, because i go to central fl or south fl...and ive got to adjust to a spanish way of life or a northern way of life?? **** that... im a american i dont have to learn any of other language besides english to get my burger or my gas....and i dont know wtf a "caa" is or a "dooaar" ....and im sorry u dont know what sweet tea is or grits, or greens...or u dont know how to vote....(two counties that fucked up in the election are the two most populated counties with non original-fl residents)....im just tryn to give the guy whos movin here some good ideas and give him the real ****, so he doesnt end up living in a dump like cleveland, indy, atl, philly, la, or anything like....gahh ive had a bad day ......and as for u ^^^ lake mary is nice, and st. aug IS the prettiest city in the state hands down stfu...so ur right
Old 05-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Teching In

I am VP of central and south FL for a real estate firm. Call me for some free advice. I have bought and sold homes in every area mentioned in this post, and I spent 6 yrs in IT sales.
Brad
941-724-7744
Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol wants that commission ^^^

Quick Reply: What is the best city in Florida to move to?