Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

What is the best city in Florida to move to?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Back up to the top, what do you guys think about Winter Park in Orlando? Looks like I may move there in January.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a richer part of the greater Orlando area. Traffic on 17-92 can get bad. But its a pretty nice place.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

Ocala
Old 09-21-2006, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

There's some nice places in SW Florida. Sarasota, Bradenton, Ft. Meyers, Naples. Like eeryone else said real estate down there is expensive. Trick is to get land in the smaller outskirt towns outside the major cities.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
Its a richer part of the greater Orlando area. Traffic on 17-92 can get bad. But its a pretty nice place.
Thanks, I have a very good map, so I can use other roads to get around I've already found where the closest theater, autozone, bestbuy/circuit city, supermarkets and post office locations are in the area already.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Personally, I think Orlando is too damn crowded now. I grew up in south Orlando, and I don't even recognize the place. They've managed to shoehorn big box stores into places I never would have dreamed possible. My folks still live in Orlando, although they moved further north in the area (Belle Isle). Still too damn crowded for my taste.

That said, the real estate market is completely soft there. Total buyer's market. A coworker still commutes from around Windermere to Melbourne because he can't find a buyer for his home. On the market for six months and not a single serious offer.

Brevard county is nice, but the non-beachside areas are headed towards the same future as Orlando. Crowded.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lets face it, FLORIDA is CROWDED! Everywhere you go. My dad lives in Lakeland so i travel through and to Orlando alot, its crowded. I live in Jax, ITS ******* CROWDED! And I used to live in Clearwater so i know first hand that Tampa and ST Pete are judges Yup CROWDED!
Old 09-23-2006, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

If you think Florida is crowded, you've never driven in Manhattan!!! I'll take Florida traffic anyday compared to NYC traffic.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
i was down there on fairbanks/lee rd monday night - thursday night, i coulda swore i saw you and your car...you get your license back yet?

i love orlando, or like mentioned above, the surrounding communities(winter park, apopka, etc)
Old 09-23-2006, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

am I the only one to say anything about gainesville?? well.....srew you guys im going home!!
Old 09-23-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

North/Central FL would be more desireable compared to south FL it is a shithole is is too expensive to live. And as stated before, there are extremely wealthy areas where down the street there area trailer parks with filth and low income people. Too many vagrants pan handling for money in the medians at busy intersections.

We just left there, cashed out my property and ran with the money! I was not originally from FL and after 12 yrs there I had my fill.

Anyway, FL can be nice if you go where it's not overcrowded and overpriced like Palm Beach.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Orlando and surrounding areas are gettin' waaaaay overcrowded, as well. Good to see you online Racer88 ... glad you and your old man got settled in. Wish you the best and hope the move went well.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Orlando and surrounding areas are gettin' waaaaay overcrowded, as well. Good to see you online Racer88 ... glad you and your old man got settled in. Wish you the best and hope the move went well.
Yessir! We are loving it alot up here in NC. Can't wait to see some frozen **** fall from the sky.

We've already hit the 2 1/4 mile tracks, Fayetteville which was pretty decent but Rockingham is the NC BMP for sure. Loved the track, smooth as can be all the way down and shiney and sticky as hell.

So far so good the move went well, nothing broke by the movers (from the boxes I did open and haven't checked the fish tank yet) but all in all as soon as we get some jobs we'll be house shopping and moving for the LAST time.

Thanks Jeb! All is well good to hear from you.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey nice to see the move went well. i ended up staying in phx instead of coming back to fla. i found a job, had it for 4 months, then quit to take a different job which doubled my pay :woot:
Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
If you think Florida is crowded, you've never driven in Manhattan!!! I'll take Florida traffic anyday compared to NYC traffic.
when was the last time you were in florida? the place is one big dump. its no coincidence the entire state is shaped like a sphincter. if you dont catch heavy traffic, you WILL get caught behind two 80 year old women driving 25 side-by-side in a 40. and in a few years, the traffic will be very bad. everyone is moving there these days, not just the retirees. there is plenty more, but im going to cut my rant short. 4 years down there made me pretty biased.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
when was the last time you were in florida? the place is one big dump. its no coincidence the entire state is shaped like a sphincter. if you dont catch heavy traffic, you WILL get caught behind two 80 year old women driving 25 side-by-side in a 40. and in a few years, the traffic will be very bad. everyone is moving there these days, not just the retirees. there is plenty more, but im going to cut my rant short. 4 years down there made me pretty biased.
I was down there in August. It depends on what area you were in.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was in st. augustine. the population was and is exploding, it has the largest marijuana problem per capita in the state. jacksonville was constantly in the news for murders and hookers. it was a classy neighborhood
the only good thing i can say about it is the tourist section in sa was a great place to go take a date
Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

Damn St. Augustine is pretty far. Might as well just stay in Jacksonville if you are gonna be right next to it. What part of Jacksonville was in the news? That's like saying the Bronx was in the news. Every place has a section where the dregs are at.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont really remember too well. i know the area around the shands hospital was really trashy, the kind of place where every store has bars on the doors and windows. the only reason would ever step foot in that city was because the next closest ice rink was in daytona and everyone once in a while i would see the local semi-pro team play.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I lived in St. Augustine and LOVED it. I have been living in lake Mary and LOVED it. Now, I don't love either place much anymore ... too overcrowded now ... going back to East Tennessee or Western North Carolina in 8 years to permanently retire. It was just announced today that ORLANDO FLORIDA is THE ANGRIEST CITY IN AMERICA. Guess who followed suit? Yep, NEW YORK, NEW YORK.

So, both you guys are 'on the money' .... both places suck when it comes to being overcrowded and a shitty place to live. Still like some things about Florida, though.

Quick Reply: What is the best city in Florida to move to?