Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Video from No Bulls. Scary wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video from No Bulls. Scary wheelie

Seen damage so far is tranny tailshaft, and oil pan again.
Slow mo video to come. Lets you see it was a scary freakin ride. I do have to admit I seen nuttin but sky and thought she was fliping over. This gal was scared as ****!

http://media.putfile.com/OnTheBumperBMP

Eric hun I got my avatar but I didn't like the out come. How bad did you hurt you car when you did it?
Paula
Old 04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

good vid..glad not too much damage and you are okay....
Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

paula, get the slo mo vid up. its insane.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Deffinately good wheelie Paula, hopefully its just the oilpan and tailshaft housing. Maybe by the end of the season the latemodel cars can have some good wins over the oldschool cars in NoBull.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Caveman
Deffinately good wheelie Paula, hopefully its just the oilpan and tailshaft housing. Maybe by the end of the season the latemodel cars can have some good wins over the oldschool cars in NoBull.

I guess I will have to stick to LMSP for awhile.
Yeah its possible. If they don't do wheelies and try to shoot for the sky.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

wow thats nuts
Old 04-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Launching!

When we did that in Redline's car, we thought it was just the pan on the motor. we pulled the motor to just check everything out, just to find that the block had cracked on the rear by the trans mounting holes. 2 hair line cracks right up the rear. Almost didn't see them.Just take a good look.
Btw: that sucks, it's fun to say you want to put it up on the bumper till you do it.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

are you not allowed to run wheelie bars in your class or what?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Paula, glad to hear you're okay (except change of underwear maybe)
Hope you can get her (him?) fixed soon, I see Bradenton still has the amazing traction I experienced a few times last year.

Derek
Old 04-24-2006, 12:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.Nitrous
When we did that in Redline's car, we thought it was just the pan on the motor. we pulled the motor to just check everything out, just to find that the block had cracked on the rear by the trans mounting holes. 2 hair line cracks right up the rear. Almost didn't see them.Just take a good look.
Btw: that sucks, it's fun to say you want to put it up on the bumper till you do it.
Oh yeah I agreeg not fun after you see the damage at the track. First thought from me was redlines car. We will be checking the block and all. Did he happen to bust his tranny when he did it. We are a little scared about the tranny busting. I have an extra block but the jackazz who has it hasn't called or brought it back to us. He made a comment about building it and selling it. If he did and I need it he will pay big time.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:22 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Damn Paula, glad to hear you're okay (except change of underwear maybe)
Hope you can get her (him?) fixed soon, I see Bradenton still has the amazing traction I experienced a few times last year.

Derek

Almost needed some. LOL If the block is ok she will be ready by this Friday. We are supose to be in G-ville for a grudge race with HER LOL and the stang. Only fear abot it. Driving her up and i she breaks I do believe the tow bill will be heart stoping. LOL

To answer GDM Z28 I do believe I could run wheelie bars in my class. If I get one it will have to be a detachable one. I will not drive everywhere with it on. We are getting prices on one from several different places. Yes we will be changing stuff to help prevent this.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Launching!

I knew I should have went. Last time you did that you had it on the road 2 days later, is it fixed yet? Tim.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Queen
Oh yeah I agreeg not fun after you see the damage at the track. First thought from me was redlines car. We will be checking the block and all. Did he happen to bust his tranny when he did it. We are a little scared about the tranny busting. I have an extra block but the jackazz who has it hasn't called or brought it back to us. He made a comment about building it and selling it. If he did and I need it he will pay big time.
pm sent
Old 04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

To answer GDM Z28 I do believe I could run wheelie bars in my class. If I get one it will have to be a detachable one. I will not drive everywhere with it on. We are getting prices on one from several different places. Yes we will be changing stuff to help prevent this.
i was just wondering if you could run them or not because this has happened to you before right? when you go up on the bumper do you totally get out of it or slowly get out of it? The car is sick, get her/him back out soon.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr.Nitrous
Tell me about it, that **** is scary as ****, I was right behind her gettin ready to do my burnout watching her as she did it and it looked scary as a ************!!!!!! Then after they cleaned and prepped the track, I almost went up on the bumper too, at first she came out straight, but then out of nowhere I felt the car start goin left in the middle of the wheelie and let out and hit second and nailed it again as I started to come back down to try and ease it, but she hit hard and I heard a loud thud, started lookin in the rearview for smoke and nothing, so I kept goin, we looked under the car and nothing was touched, came to the conclusion that the stock kmember is saving me, cuz that's the second time i've had to let out of a big wheelie and smacked down b/c of her goin left, I just really don't wanna do that too often, worried that the force hittin the kmember may crack the block where the solid motor mounts are mounted on the motor, so far all is good though, so I gotta figure out why she's goin left so I don't do that anymore! But if I had been able to stay in that launch, it either would've gone on the bumper or stopped a little before and rode it out to a nasty 60', she went 1.322 with me lettin out and gettin back on it, and I know I didn't trip the 60' lights before I let out! I gotta try gettin some travel limiters and a few other things to keep her down, I really don't wanna go on the bumper and I have my suspension set to hit pretty soft, might try stiffening up the shocks some more in the front too and see if it helps.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoFive0
I knew I should have went. Last time you did that you had it on the road 2 days later, is it fixed yet? Tim.

Not yet. Hurt a few more things we are sure. Maybe by Friday if the block is ok. We are supose to be at SunShine Saturday for the Street nights. Just don't know if she will be ready

Last edited by LS1Queen; 04-24-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GDM Z28
i was just wondering if you could run them or not because this has happened to you before right? when you go up on the bumper do you totally get out of it or slowly get out of it? The car is sick, get her/him back out soon.

Yeap the second time she landed smooth and didnt even spark. was a good wheelie. But I never let out. I was told before if you let out it will come down hard. But honestly I think fear kicked in and I froze. I just remember being stiff and scared shitless when I seen nuttin but blue skys. Thats the truth guys. I am not scared to say it anymore. This girls ***** are to big for her own good.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Eric hun I got my avatar but I didn't like the out come. How bad did you hurt you car when you did it?
Paula
I'm really sorry you hurt the car. Great job driving.

I've been fortunate that I've always been able to shift near the top and I've never lifted. Couple that with the QA1Rs and it helps to soften the landings. The one in the sig with the four tire air caused a hairline crack in the oil pan and that's the most damage I've seen. I count my blessings as I already spend too much on the car.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by next
I'm really sorry you hurt the car. Great job driving.

I've been fortunate that I've always been able to shift near the top and I've never lifted. Couple that with the QA1Rs and it helps to soften the landings. The one in the sig with the four tire air caused a hairline crack in the oil pan and that's the most damage I've seen. I count my blessings as I already spend too much on the car.

Thanks The fear kicked in too. LOL

My QA1Rs were set at 8. It was like a stick of c4 was put under her. Man, I want to know what it hurt. Greg has been too sick today to go check her all out. So I have been a little bitchy.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 PM
7 Second Club

Paula,

Coming to Gainesville in the future? Do keep me updated as I'd like to check out the ride in person!

Derek

Quick Reply: Video from No Bulls. Scary wheelie