Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

So I think I got screwed by a guy in Orlando!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I think I got screwed by a guy in Orlando!

deal is I sold him two gift cards on ebay and he paypal'd me $523 for both. now, right at 28 days from when he paid me I check my paypal account and instead of 400 bucks in there, I have -123. Turns out, after I call the guy that some one paid him with bogus funds and therefore paypal took the money away from him and also those he paid with it. whether or not that is true is what gets me. so where I messed up at is by just supplying him the GC # and security code and having not mailed it. so now they're saying without proof that I mailed it, I can't get reimbursed the 186 or 337 that he paid me. I have gone to best buy and they can tell me that the gift cards made a purchase on april 1st on bestbuy.com but I can't get the order # to provide proof that he got that sent to himself. say I do happen to get any of his info would anyone mind simply driving by the address I get to see if maybe I can just scare this guy into paying me back in the even I never hear back from him. Just be like so that's a nice and quote his car that he has....i don't want anything done to him at all...but this is just really making me upset cause I had just sold my z06 wheels and now all that money is taken out of my paypal account cause of this douche. sorry for the ranting, but just wanted to see if any guys there could help me out...it'd be much appreciated.

Matt
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver00
deal is I sold him two gift cards on ebay and he paypal'd me $523 for both. now, right at 28 days from when he paid me I check my paypal account and instead of 400 bucks in there, I have -123. Turns out, after I call the guy that some one paid him with bogus funds and therefore paypal took the money away from him and also those he paid with it. whether or not that is true is what gets me. so where I messed up at is by just supplying him the GC # and security code and having not mailed it. so now they're saying without proof that I mailed it, I can't get reimbursed the 186 or 337 that he paid me. I have gone to best buy and they can tell me that the gift cards made a purchase on april 1st on bestbuy.com but I can't get the order # to provide proof that he got that sent to himself. say I do happen to get any of his info would anyone mind simply driving by the address I get to see if maybe I can just scare this guy into paying me back in the even I never hear back from him. Just be like so that's a nice and quote his car that he has....i don't want anything done to him at all...but this is just really making me upset cause I had just sold my z06 wheels and now all that money is taken out of my paypal account cause of this douche. sorry for the ranting, but just wanted to see if any guys there could help me out...it'd be much appreciated.

Matt
Whats his address?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

I had a similar incident one time and I made a trip with my baseball bat
Old 05-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

all I have is his phone number so far, I am gonna do one of those reverse lookups and hopefully get his address....or does anyone know if law enforcement could help me get it? i think if i run that report it runs me 40 bucks....
Old 05-01-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

pm me his phone number i have access to reverse look ups
Old 05-01-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

yeah its probably orange county, contact them, maybe seminole if its north orlando (thats where im at) whats his name?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

well the name that I was given is roger serrano, but when I call the # I have I don't think it says Roger on the answering machine so I dunno what his real name is if it isn't that one. For the paypal info it just has his company name too after contacting the attorney general there, they told me to contact the police dept and gave me the phone #. I think when I call it says you've reached erin and derek maybe? if anyone wants to call and verify the # is 4075743626. thanks

Matt
Old 05-01-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

I pmed you his contact info
Old 05-01-2006, 06:38 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

<---
Old 05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camaroextra
yeah its probably orange county, contact them, maybe seminole if its north orlando (thats where im at) whats his name?
Yea me, paul, and some hooligans can make a trip by and scare the dude.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Yea me, paul, and some hooligans can make a trip by and scare the dude.
Scare him? Were leaving with those gift cards, and some souvenirs for ourselves
Old 05-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

lol. the gift cards have already been redeemed unfortunately tho. so if you just want to grab something of monetary value, some souvenirs or cash money or something...i still haven't a clue what his address is however. the contact info I got I assume is for his parents. which I called like 3 times now. I got someone to answer the phone but didn't say anything. I was like hello....hello....but nothing. So I got no clue. But yeah the info revealed a 59 yr old dood which I believe the guy I am dealing with is his son. Roger Serrano Jr. It all makes sense to me cause that doods ebay name is rsj09 - i figure the j is for junior. when trying to do a quick prelim background search I get 4 people found under roger serrano and they're all 25 with like 4-5 addresses. hrmm..so If I can get an address for junior I will for sure post it up for a visitation...
Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver00
all I have is his phone number so far, I am gonna do one of those reverse lookups and hopefully get his address....or does anyone know if law enforcement could help me get it? i think if i run that report it runs me 40 bucks....
from a law enforcement point of view its a civil matter or becuase of the small amount it would be a misdemeaner which no agency would go through the hassle of filing....sorry
Old 05-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

so an update, the individuals name is a Derrick Howie. He lives at the following address: 11021 Felton Ct, Orlando FL 32825 . Does anyone here happen to know where that is or might be close to it?
Old 05-04-2006, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Between 528 and 408, east of 417 off Curry Ford Rd.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=Fl&zipcode=
Old 05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

oh I mapquested it alright...I just didn't know if anyone actually lived around this fool?

Quick Reply: So I think I got screwed by a guy in Orlando!