Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

WARNING Visitors

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING Visitors

Has anyone seen the big billboard just after you cross into florida on I-75.
It says
"WARNING Visitors, florida residents can use deadly force"
and it has the state of florida with a trigger and a barrel, makes it look like a pistol.
I laughed when I saw it the other day.

It should just say "Don't **** with floridians"

Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails WARNING Visitors-fl.jpg  

Last edited by JDJP; 10-09-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Launching!

That is the most tactless campaigning poster I've ever seen. I'm sure it works though.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 AM
DSG
10 Second Club

Locked and loaded as we speak...
Old 10-09-2006, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

I like it....very to the point.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it makes a statement. freedom of speach is a bitch huh>?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

I went to their web site. That's the Brady bunch - the anti-gun freaks that are trying to take away gun rights. They meant that sign as an insult. Trouble is, most people take it as a good thing - try to rob a Floridian, go to the morgue.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

But isn't florida really strict on having guns. I've seen a lot of signs and heard that if you even pull a gun, it's serious time. I know in AZ its legal to carry a gun on you. I think that sign would apply to state like that.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Yeah...my stepmom is big on politics down there. She told me that Charlie Crist (sp) was the pro-gun guy.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00 Freak
But isn't florida really strict on having guns. I've seen a lot of signs and heard that if you even pull a gun, it's serious time. I know in AZ its legal to carry a gun on you. I think that sign would apply to state like that.
its big jail time if you use a gun in a felony. its a minimum 25 year sentence. FL is among the most conservative states with gun laws. its legal to possess handguns, riffles, and shotguns without a permit. in fact, its easy, assuming you arent a felon, to get a consealed weapons permit! ofcourse banned assault weapons are not legal.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ like stated.....florida has actually one of the good set ups when it comes to guns and residents.....we punish the criminals that use guns severly...but its smiled upon for a civilian to protect themselves.....

lil tid bit.....australia took away guns from civilians in cities about 6 years ago....crime involving guns went up 22% across the board (robbery, murder, rape, etc.)

a criminals going to get a gun if they want one, but if we make it hard for the law abiding people to own them, then crimes going to go up

the only down part is if i show up for a call involving a gun at a residence i really dont want the resident to be holding onto that gun when i show up....i believe crime will go down slightly because of this new rule...but when there are incidences there going to be complicated.....

i think everyone should own a gun, make it easy for the law abiding citizen to get one...BUT make them take a course on gun safety and laws....a criminal wont break into someones house if he knows there armed....
Old 10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

also, that shows how smart the bradycampaign is....i dont know anyone in law enforcement that likes them, esp. here....hes got his own agenda, and hes one sided......needs to keep his *** in texas or wherever hes from....."lets take away the good guys guns, and everything will be ok"
Old 10-09-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, wow, yeah I thought it was a pro gun kinda thing, HA. And you pass that sign so quick, you don't get a chance to see the website, so I think they are wasting their money on that one.

I think its a great law, the only thing that scares me, is that you can't even get in a fight anymore without being worried about getting shot. All a person has to do is be in fear for their life and they can shoot you.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

then why get into a fight?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
I went to their web site. That's the Brady bunch - the anti-gun freaks that are trying to take away gun rights. They meant that sign as an insult. Trouble is, most people take it as a good thing - try to rob a Floridian, go to the morgue.
Thats pretty foolish advertising I think. It's totally backfiring on them.

I personally don't think civilians need guns. If no one had one, everything would be cool. Poeple do have them though, so I guess statistically it's safer when everyone has one. The only gun I would ever sonsider owning is an M249 SAW, which I'm pretty sure I can't just walk into a store and buy.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT Malice
Thats pretty foolish advertising I think. It's totally backfiring on them.

I personally don't think civilians need guns. If no one had one, everything would be cool. Poeple do have them though, so I guess statistically it's safer when everyone has one. The only gun I would ever sonsider owning is an M249 SAW, which I'm pretty sure I can't just walk into a store and buy.

if guns are outlawed then only outlaws will own guns.. leaving everybody else w/ no protection for their families... if everybody owned a gun there would be way less crime in my mind (would a criminal rob a person if he knew they had a gun...prolly not)....

the Second Amendment- the right to bear arms

i personally was happy when the brady bill expired (a bill that banned "scary looking guns")
Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT Malice
That is the most tactless campaigning poster I've ever seen. I'm sure it works though.

It sure is, and it sure does. I'd vote for him.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by presto_z
if guns are outlawed then only outlaws will own guns.. leaving everybody else w/ no protection for their families... if everybody owned a gun there would be way less crime in my mind (would a criminal rob a person if he knew they had a gun...prolly not)....

good response..just think. after banning all guns..knife crimes will go up...then we will ban knives in the world..then after we know it there will be an increase in stranglings and beatings with your own hands..then we will have to outlaw hands
Old 10-09-2006, 04:51 PM

"Right to bear arms" rings a bell
Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Country Boy
ding ding ding!

Australia maybe a cool country with it's beautiful landscape, beaches, badass cars from the factory, and aussie rules football. But the fact that you can't own a firearm or modify your car makes that country suck(unless you are visiting). You should read some of the other rights (or lack there of) for australian citizens, they still treat everyone as if they were a criminal.

I personally don't care for guns, and I can't stand people who always brag about the guns they own, or the ghetto rats who are always like "yo dawg, don't be playin' I gots my 9 in my pizants," you get a lot of that working security at a bar or club. Once I get out of college and start my career, I'll prolly buy 1 or 2 hand guns just to have in the house or apartment just in case of an emergency, and I've always wanted a police issued rapid fire shotgun, first gun I ever shot lol!
Old 10-09-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Country Boy
the constitution rules on a federal level. the right is not for citizens to carry weapons. the right is for the federal government to have access to weapons and states to defend itself against overthrow. remember, this was writen when no one was sure of the stability of states and federal government.

its a commonly misunderstood issue of constitutional law.

- i have read up on this a few times in my life.....

Quick Reply: WARNING Visitors