Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

so who else hates psychology?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so who else hates psychology?

God damn general psychology class. I thought it was only math teachers that taught their class like the students had no other courses they had to worry about. Halfway through the semester and I've already had 2 test in the class, 6 quizzes, a reasearch critique paper, and 3 sets of journal entries where we have to relate certain psychological issues to our personal lives--I don't feel as if I've ever had inferiority complex or the urge to kill someone lol. I have had no life because of this class, statistics, and calc this semester, my other two classes I don't even have to worry about (geology and technical writing). Sorry I'm just venting because I have to do the most rediculous **** for these journal entries.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahhh dont let that **** kick your ***....that was one of my major courses....now all that math crap you stated...hell nah, i hate math....i only had to take one math in for my whole bachelors in social sci....ehh just dont let it get to u man
Old 10-15-2006, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

thats not psych classes...thats UF..they have some seriously hard classes their..i had an undergraduate Political Theory course there..no class text but had 7 books..all read almost cover to cover (stuff like Plato, Hobbes, Locke, Marx)..i busted my *** and only got a B..with a hard major at UF. a 3.5 that all parents think there kid should get isnt always easy..good luck there..i loved that school
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 PM

I just dropped that class! lol

I had too many classes and I needed to lighten my load, that was one of the hardest classes that I didn't need (don't know why I took it in the first place) so I said "f" it!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Some of these professors nowadays instruct as if the student doesn't have a job or even other classes...

I love the professors that give intensive discussions and lectures. Then, they administer a mid-term and a final (And maybe ONE paper). If you don't know your **** or haven't gone to class, you'll fail like you deserve... But you're free to have a life at least... These are the professors I've learned the most from.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

hehe it was good to be a student athlete
Old 10-16-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

yup, its UF. its not there to give you a degree. classses are designed to fail you. you have to prove to the professors you are an expert in that area of study. you teach yourself and use the TA's and other labs as resources. the institution is a research institution. not spoonfeeding for sure!@
Old 10-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

Math prof. are by far the worst in the world. I cannot stand the subject of math, I can't believe I'm taking two courses of it this semester. As for psych it is easy, its just the workload is f'ing insane for a general education class.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
yup, its UF. its not there to give you a degree. classses are designed to fail you. you have to prove to the professors you are an expert in that area of study. you teach yourself and use the TA's and other labs as resources. the institution is a research institution. not spoonfeeding for sure!@
+1 thats how college should be though...shouldnt have dumbasses running around with a peice of paper

id go back though, it was fun as hell to me.....grad. school is not really like under grad. at all
Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Banned

Really? I didn't go to college expecting teachers to walk me through step by step. I was just referring to the amount of BS work teachers assign to you as if you were not taking any other courses or have no life. It's not as bad at UF as it was at FAU, I actually think the courses I took there were tougher than UF or maybe thats just because English was never the native tounge of any of the prof. down there
Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

graduate school is tough? lol. i had more fun in grad school than in undergrad. worked full time. just didnt sleep.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

graduate school is tough? lol. i had more fun in grad school than in undergrad. worked full time. just didnt sleep.
key word there i like my sleep i dont get any now as it is....i think everybodies got different exp. in udergrad....played soccer, took 18 hours, worked two jobs, coached a hs team, and had a gf....the worst of all....but i had the most fun ever ......now 1 job, no gf, taking 2 classes....sucks...
Old 10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Really? I didn't go to college expecting teachers to walk me through step by step. I was just referring to the amount of BS work teachers assign to you as if you were not taking any other courses or have no life. It's not as bad at UF as it was at FAU, I actually think the courses I took there were tougher than UF or maybe thats just because English was never the native tounge of any of the prof. down there

degree from UF>FAU
Old 10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

not for business which is what i was going for down there, until i realized after a internship for a semester that no matter how much money i could make, i would not be able to take sitting in an office all day. (and south florida sucks in general, plus I'm a diehard gators fan so I figured I'd be a lot happier up here too!) I'd much rather wake up and go to a job that I love over a job that I hate. I don't know what that is yet but I'll figure it out lol.

I had the thrill of being an assistant coach for a football team for spring ball last semester. Was pretty damn fun, didn't realize how time consuming football was until your on the other end of the spectrum! As for taking 18 hours, thats crazy, I did that once and I'll never do it again!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

Calc 1 is cake, wait until calc 2....Rediculous.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

HE HE....18 hours equals getting out of school one semester early and being able to just screw around at school waiting to graduate that may

calc is CRAZYYYY i read my roomies calc book one time....gave me a headache.....
Old 10-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VSGLS1
hah! calc 2 will never be part of my courseload! never! I disregaurded any major that required more than 4 math courses or anything over calc 1. Yea I had that same thought about 18 credit hours, until I realized I had no life outside of school, work, and the gym. I'm still a semester ahead by credit hours from AP courses in high school and summer classes, but barely any of that will apply to a major.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by VSGLS1
Wait until you take Differential Equations and Calc 3. Damn engineering requirements.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:49 PM

yeah engineering.. thats nuts.... aren't you supposed to go to college to drink and have fun? school is just what you do when you have time..
Old 10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
yeah engineering.. thats nuts.... aren't you supposed to go to college to drink and have fun? school is just what you do when you have time..
i had the time...for 9 years...full time!

Quick Reply: so who else hates psychology?