Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

New Florida Car Emissions!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
I do support Charlie Crist in this decision, but **** HIM as far as raising tuition. Now I can't even afford Ramen noodles
I don't like Crist as much now as I did before. Screw emissions, when I get my hands on an 09 Camaro I'm gonna pull the entire exhaust and drive around on open headers And the tuition raises screwed me really bad, cause money that could go towards getting my car working has to pay for classes..
Old 07-12-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
You are...only '09 and up cars will need to meet the regs. .

Not to pick a fight, but yes the rule would only affect the 09 vehicles but you can believe that they will be reintroducing inspection sites, and I am pretty sure that even though the older cars will not have to meet 09 standards, they will have to meet there build year standards, so us with the LT/ ORY option will probably be looking into getting at least catalytic convertors, and if they use current states emission data as a reference point, we may have to test inside what the factory output should have been for our respective years. It could still hose some folks
Old 07-12-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

Now if they use the California emissions standard do you think there going to let us keep 93 octane? Or are they going to take that from us to and give us that 91 octane stuff?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

This is BS.... that's why i moved back to FL... no emission!!! DAMN IT!!! That's why if hate politics!!! they make the decisions for you. That's why i don't vote. b/c if i voted for him, i'd be kicking myself in the a$$ lol.
If all the damn A$$holes fixed their old a$$ oil burning cars, this wouldn't be as big of an issue! That includes you rednecks with broken down, barely chugging down the road ford trucks!!! That should be the inspection... no oil burning vehicles... and that should include all diesle cars and trucks!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone show me where it says they are going to bring back emissions testing? All I'm getting out of this is that the new cars being sold will just have the same emissions standards as the california cars.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by WonQuickZ28
a 20 dollar bill to the hand of a inspector will fix your need for cats and meeting emissions standards.
20$.... ..Pretty cheap...[lotsa drunks doing inspections..]?????
Old 07-13-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

It doesnt say they are going to reinstate inspections, but I bet if this gets signed in they will. Yeah, this Republican Crist has really turned out to be a pretty good Democrat, jumping on this Global Warming being caused by humans bandwagon. The moon has the same recorded temp rises, but there are no humans there!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife told me before the election that he was a Dem running under a Republican ticket. I told her she was nutz. I hate when my wife is right.

At least he is not proprosing banning Sports cars like that moron in Europe. At least not yet, that moron wants to ban anything that can do over 101mph. So what doesnt do over 101 besides the Peoples car, the early Volkswagon Beetle.

Last edited by mnypitZ; 07-13-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
It doesnt say they are going to reinstate inspections, but I bet if this gets signed in they will.

Actually about six months ago someone had posted up about how Florida was going to return vehicle inspections, but the thread has since been booted into archives, and i aint gonna waste time looking for it. All these same arguements were in there too i believe
Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vote the bastard out.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this is a money making venture for the state , think about it if everyone pays 10.00 a year for emissions testing that adds up to alot of money for the state. all cars will be tested your car will have to meet the requirments of the year it was built. thats how it is in cali, virginia and co. states i have lived in that have emissions. it usually is a visual for all equipment and then an actual tailpipe test. for those that voted this *** in office we all will pay for your mistake
this is a bill that will never come off the books once in force. im glad im leaving the arm pit of america !!!! always hot and sweaty .
Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

I didn't vote for him tho.....but this is complete BS. If they reinstate inspections, I'm taking my Y and cats off and just gonna drive around on open header. Screw the Man.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys are bugging out...see todays Sun-Sentinel....Crist has said he will not reinstate emissions inspections at all, as they are too much of a hassle.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
You guys are bugging out...see todays Sun-Sentinel....Crist has said he will not reinstate emissions inspections at all, as they are too much of a hassle.
yeah and clinton didnt have sex with monica.. get a grip this is a politician speaking he will say one thing and do another.. the tree huggers are padding his pocket he is going to do what they want.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they go to CA style stuff, we're all in for some trouble.

Although, I think in CA, cars that are 30years old are considered antique or some crap like that and are exempt from inspections. So, get a 1st or 2nd gen camaro/firebird and build it up.

Plus, even in CA there are different regulations depending on what areas you live in. Like the rural area between LA and San Fran is different (so I've heard). Anybody else know about that?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ag department wanted actual inspections back beacuse the
fees would go to build their empire.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
"An Inconvenient Truth" was a huge move for Al Gore to make as far as his political career, but the facts are staring us in the face. Over the past 10 years, we have seen more and more violent hurricanes that have threatened and destroyed the U.S., as well as other countries. Especially for those living in South Florida, you have ALL seen the lakes and different bodies of water almost turn into sand traps. This is very real, and very serious.
Do some research. Global warming is real, but not caused by man. Period.

Perhaps you've noticed that big ball of fire in the sky during the daytime? It's called the sun. It is actually a star. It is in the growth stage of its lifecycle. It is getting larger and hotter every year. A couple billion years from now when it has reached the peak of its growth stage, earth will be the planet closest to the sun as the ones in between have been enveloped by the growing star, and earth will be one hot, dry, dead rock. This is the general trend. Now there are other factors involved, factors that have actually caused climate cooling during the sun's growth stage, as well as periods of warming, as we are experiencing now. Respectable scientists refute man made global warming, political liberal hacks with an agenda, like Al Gore and the current director of the weather channel, use it to secretly bolster their marxist agendas and desire to control aspects of other peoples' lives, while attempting to silence and "blacklist" their scientific critics. The director of the weather channel has even suggested that any opponents of man made global warming should lose their credentials entirely. They can't win in the arena of ideas, so they must resort to childish measures. Basically the same old playbook of name calling type tactics. Can't win an argument? Just call your opponent a racist and prevent the argument from happening. Can't refute the true science of global warming and man's lack of involvement? Just scream loudly that your opponents should be silenced.

The people who do the news, as well as people like Al Gore, are complete and utter morons. If you want to be educated, you have to do your own homework. Otherwise you're just hearing dumpsters full of bullshit everyday.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Vote the bastard out.
My thoughts, when is the next time we can vote on this...
Old 07-13-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

well if this goes thru, I will be selling my car and getting one that is one year out of testing and drop a wicked motor in it just to **** them off. I undertand why, but dam this sucks.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Launching!

I think there should be a performance car clause or something... so enthusiusts can do it.

They had emissions in broward just as I started driving, our cars were not overly taken care of but they all passed. Seemed like a wast of time and money.

I heard at the end of the day like 99.5% of the cars passed, because well FL, is a relatively new state, its not like michigan or something where half the population is still driving around in 70-80s era cars.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

I got some really reliable information that Guiliani has been in conversation with Christ about the upcoming presidential elections. Rumor has it that Guiliani wants him to run as his vice president. Who knows if it will pan out.
It might be good for the state with regard to this BS emissions crap, but who knows what they might do to the country.

Quick Reply: New Florida Car Emissions!!