Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

3rd Annual All-GM Oktoberfest car show @ Silver Springs Oct 4th, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's your answer. It's worth the drive. It's worth the admission. It's more worth making arrangements to be there and take advantage of the awesome event that the folks at NPD put on for enthusiasts like us. This is a one of a kind show, at a one of a kind place. Be there, or be square.

And by the way, we're driving 6 hours.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Here's your answer. It's worth the drive. It's worth the admission. It's more worth making arrangements to be there and take advantage of the awesome event that the folks at NPD put on for enthusiasts like us. This is a one of a kind show, at a one of a kind place. Be there, or be square.

And by the way, we're driving 6 hours.
LOL, thanks man. Now that is the answer I was looking for!

It's not the money, it's the point, and I just had a question.

I just bought a new house, a ton of new furniture, a new car, an engagement ring and I'm going to NY for a a few days later this week.

So I've spent alot over the past few months, before I drop $33 for a car show, spend $40 on fuel and lunch and who knows what else I just need to make sure it's worth it.

I'm gonna try to make it, but I know my buddy won't pay $33 to go to a car show.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

It's one of 2 shows we make EVERY year, regardless. Hell, we ditch Cruisin 'the Coast for this event. Do this show, and F-Body Gathering in Atlanta in May, and you've seen EVERYTHING. See ya there. I'll be the idiot behind this car...

And behind this Truck...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

It's one of 2 shows we make EVERY year, regardless. Hell, we ditch Cruisin 'the Coast for this event. Do this show, and F-Body Gathering in Atlanta in May, and you've seen EVERYTHING. See ya there. I'll be the idiot behind this car...

And behind this Truck...
LMAO, that is to funny man! When I lived in NY I went to the GM Nationals every year in Carlsile PA. Best show ever....

Hopefully I'll see ya there.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Addict

We're conspiring to have all the LS1 techers parking together, We need a GTG thread for a time to meet just inside the park after registration...Park 'em all together.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM
7 Second Club

I go to Super Chevy for the weekend and this thread blows up!

SSNISTR,

The Ford show photos I have are taken from the main stage, and they show the main lawn (and a good chunk of the 1,000+ cars), but there is more land, attractions and cars to see. As mentioned above, whether the cars are on a free entry, past the 1,000 mark at $18 or a day of show entry at $18, it gives the 2 people FULL access to Silver Springs which includes the shops, the exhibits, the glass bottom boats rides, the jungle safari cruise, kids area including petting zoo, you see where I'm going. I understand the over a $33 fee to see a car show, but as mentioned it's not separated from the park, it's part of the park's attractions for the day, and to be honest I think the location is a big part of what makes the show. That, and Travis attending
If you can make it before 10 am, just enter a GM vehicle (we get show cars, DD and everything in between) and the price drops a bunch over the regular gate admission they afford us. If you can't make the gate time, ask a buddy to get you a reduced gate armband for $18 instead of the $33.95. The only catch there is because we sell those before the park opens to general spectators at 10 am, you would need to have that person bring you the bands to get into the park as there is no will-call for them. I understand schedule conflictions, but I think you'd dig the show. If I can answer any further questions let me know!

We have less than a week left for free entries, so get them in before Saturday! We're past 800 entries as of Monday the 22nd, so come out and join us!

Derek
Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Villain281H
I go to Super Chevy for the weekend and this thread blows up!

SSNISTR,

The Ford show photos I have are taken from the main stage, and they show the main lawn (and a good chunk of the 1,000+ cars), but there is more land, attractions and cars to see. As mentioned above, whether the cars are on a free entry, past the 1,000 mark at $18 or a day of show entry at $18, it gives the 2 people FULL access to Silver Springs which includes the shops, the exhibits, the glass bottom boats rides, the jungle safari cruise, kids area including petting zoo, you see where I'm going. I understand the over a $33 fee to see a car show, but as mentioned it's not separated from the park, it's part of the park's attractions for the day, and to be honest I think the location is a big part of what makes the show. That, and Travis attending
If you can make it before 10 am, just enter a GM vehicle (we get show cars, DD and everything in between) and the price drops a bunch over the regular gate admission they afford us. If you can't make the gate time, ask a buddy to get you a reduced gate armband for $18 instead of the $33.95. The only catch there is because we sell those before the park opens to general spectators at 10 am, you would need to have that person bring you the bands to get into the park as there is no will-call for them. I understand schedule conflictions, but I think you'd dig the show. If I can answer any further questions let me know!

We have less than a week left for free entries, so get them in before Saturday! We're past 800 entries as of Monday the 22nd, so come out and join us!

Derek
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna do my best to head out. I'll be getting back from NY the night before. Plus the Ecklers show, Biketoberfest and the Daytona Dream Cruise are the next three weekends and I won't miss those.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Villain281H

That, and Travis attending

Old 09-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

dO YOU GUYS LOOK AT THE POST MARK DATE. I JUST MAILED THE REGISTRATION TODAY THE 25TH OF SEPTEMBER. WE WILL BE THERE BUT NOT SURE WHAT CAR TO TAKE..THE GN OR THE WS6???
EITHER WAY WE WILL BE THERE.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
7 Second Club

We usually stop accepting registrations Monday-Tuesday 9/29-30, but yes we will check the post date. We just have to stop somewhere to get all the packets together in time to be loaded up with all the show stuff before Friday afternoon.

Derek
Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Launching!

I finally sent mine...after wrecking the carand hurrying to fix it I wasent sure if I was going to make it but shes up and running and Ill be there.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

I am thrashing away to get my Chevelle running. I think I am gonna make it this year. I'll post back next week, but keep your eyes open for a beater '71 Chevelle. Make sure you look under the hood before you walk away thinking it's just another POS.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

And behind this Truck...

HAHA! Travis, are you trying to scare people off? Your hair is def a little longer.
Right at a week away....We gonna all meet up and drink some beers at Outback still? We need to get a mass group going, maybe Fri or Sat or both nights..
Shoot me your number again and I will do the same.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Hey, one more thing...Is that "the shocker" you are doing in your photo?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

That indeed is teh shocka. Yep, We're down for some steak and pilsnerage, where do ya'll recommend? We went to the Outback on Silver Springs Blvd last year, nothing to write home about...Ya'll have a Longhorn? Either way, Check yer PM, cell number on the way.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

That indeed is teh shocka. Yep, We're down for some steak and pilsnerage, where do ya'll recommend? We went to the Outback on Silver Springs Blvd last year, nothing to write home about...Ya'll have a Longhorn? Either way, Check yer PM, cell number on the way.
Awesome! Yes, there is a longhorn on 17th street. (right up the street from where you stayed the first year) I will give you a call.. We will figure somthing out.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:18 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet. We're at the Comfort Suites this year.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

will NPD mail me the event package or does Silver Springs or do I pick it up the day of ?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be at the days inn just down the block.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:18 AM
7 Second Club

Packets with your armbands are to be picked up Saturday morning between 7 and 10 a.m. (don't be late and please don't cut it close, as Silver Springs insurance regulations state we must have everyone inside and no cars moving by the park gate's opening for spectators at 10 a.m.).

We have 884 registrations this year (a 90 car bump up from last year), and there are always day of show registrations available. The weather looks promising at this point so we look forward to seeing everyone there!

Derek

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual All-GM Oktoberfest car show @ Silver Springs Oct 4th, 2008