Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Jerkoff Lake Mary Cops.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John, the soccer mom logo and soccer ball are the worst threat, so, your cheer squad logo should be a little safer ... j/k. I have found that the Lake Mary LEO's I have dealt with are very courteous and kind. It's the cops on bikes who have had the bad tude's ... at least from my experiences with them. Then, of course, you have Officer Pickeltimer who would arrest his own mother, literally.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
Put me in the #3 category.

I can understand that there are cops out there that can really suck, and I've had my interactions with them. Unfortunately, that's all people see today in the media. When are there ever stories of cops being heroes, of police officers that go the extra mile to accomplish their duties, of police officers that have really made a positive difference in the community?

Unfortunately in South Florida, police officers are on edge lately with the corrections officer being killed, and the Broward County Sheriff's officer who was slaughtered while in his patrol car, and I have to tell you, it is justified. Is it an excuse to do something completely irrational... absolutely not. However, it is a reason to take extra caution, even if it is at the inconvenience of the general public. If I see that something may not be right, I may have to take that extra, perhaps "unnecessary" step to make sure that the safety of everyone involved is protected.

For example, if your windows are too dark and I can't see in, then I am going to ask you to get out of the car and walk backwards towards mine. It is true that you didn't do anything that would require such an act, but it ensures the fact that nothing happens to me if everyone in the car is packing and waiting for me to walk up to the car so I can become a sitting duck. I will probably write you a ticket for having the tint. Sure, you'll tell the story that "Man, some dick cop pulled me out of my car for my tint, wasted my ******* time, then wrote me a ******* ticket... Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, that's all they are".

When I become a police officer, I'll have to do stuff like this. I would write the tint ticket because I am protecting other officers who approach that car in the future. If everyone involved is safe at the end of my interaction, let them run their mouths until their lips come off. I honestly couldn't care less.
You do know tha tyou have to have probable cause to pull someone over. Too dark of tint is not probable cause it is a secondary offense.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If I were a cop, I'd say anyone driving a Honda is probable cause. I wouldn't pull over hotrods, i.e., F & Y bodies ... lol!!! J/K man. Hey, I own 2 Honda's now (did have 3 of them).

The problem is that 'probable cause' is often derived from 'possible cause' by the initiating officer, which does not justify him/her pulling over a driver. Too bad officers feel justified in relating the translation of the two. Very few officers (IMHO) differentiate between the two and pull people over unjustifed, technically.

No-one could possibly be more pro-enforcement than I am, but, this is simply a known fact. Whether legitimate probable cause is established or not, if they wanna' pull you over, they're going to ... or, they'll follow you until you eventually make a mistake.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that last line has been happening to me lately. Thankfully when my stuff comes back clean they usually break off and stop trailing 2ft. off my bumper. I usually get on the throttle a bit at the same intersection and seem to attract a officer every other week.
Its funny too, I never see them, always wondering where the hell the next one showed up from.

I hate traveling south on 19, over here by Hudson they have about once or twice a month, FHP speed trap, about 6 cruisers and two bikes.
Exit 301 off 75 they will have a bunch of Crown Vics and two Marauders sometimes.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Dirtybird, I am fully aware that tint isn't a reason to just pull someone. However, if during the traffic stop I notice your tint is too dark, then I would proceed as I had said earlier. Of course I have to pull you for something else first
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Obviously they didnt give the memo to the Highway Patrol out here. We have a 4 way red light just outside my neigborhood. I was driving a dealer car, kinda a test drive, kinda a borrowing the car, kinda helping sell it(buddy's dealer before I bought the dealership). It was a 96 BMW 328 with badass rims and really dark tint. I saw the State Trooper sitting there, so I came to a complete, and I mean complete stop. Then proceded through the light. He jumps out behind me, and I am thinking, what did I do?? Pulls me over and says the tint is too dark. Then took out his little measuring tool and proved it. OK gave me a ticket. Not my car, so I cant fix it, so I took the damn points. He did not give me any other reason for pulling me over. Strictly the tint. I admit it was pretty ******* dark, but it wasnt my car, and I did nothing else wrong. I just giggled as I drove off. What else can you do? I think I was profiled because of the car. BUT once he saw I was just a regular old white guy with his family and no warrants, I think he should have dropped it. HELL I think if someone is profiled, that is a good thing, but once found to be legal, NO MATTER WHO you are, that should be the end of it.

Last edited by mnypitZ; 12-29-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: forgot somehting
Old 12-29-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as I know, tint is enough for a traffic stop. We just had a pursuit two nights ago that began with an attempted traffic stop on a car with dark tint. If you can find the Florida Supreme court case, or anything that shows tint is not enough for a traffic stop let me know. I'll pass it on to my sgt's and watch commander. Our agency is a real stickler when it comes to legal traffic stops (same cannont be said for some of our officers )

One of our big reasons for traffic stops recently was cracked windshields. Recently Florida Supreme Court ruled that just a cracked winshield was not enough to pull someone over. It must also be blocking the driver's view in order to be enough for a traffic stop. When that happened we had a big announcement in briefing and was given copies of the decision. So, I would think, our agency would have put a stop to traffic stops being done illegally cause of tint that ended up in pursuits that impose a danger to the public.

On another not, tint ticket DOES NOT have any points. It's an infraction, not a moving violation. And, I've never written a "BS" ticket for tint, tag lights, etc. unless I got an attitude problem. Attitude goes a long way with me and most other officers.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
As far as I know, tint is enough for a traffic stop. We just had a pursuit two nights ago that began with an attempted traffic stop on a car with dark tint. If you can find the Florida Supreme court case, or anything that shows tint is not enough for a traffic stop let me know. I'll pass it on to my sgt's and watch commander. Our agency is a real stickler when it comes to legal traffic stops (same cannont be said for some of our officers )

One of our big reasons for traffic stops recently was cracked windshields. Recently Florida Supreme Court ruled that just a cracked winshield was not enough to pull someone over. It must also be blocking the driver's view in order to be enough for a traffic stop. When that happened we had a big announcement in briefing and was given copies of the decision. So, I would think, our agency would have put a stop to traffic stops being done illegally cause of tint that ended up in pursuits that impose a danger to the public.

On another not, tint ticket DOES NOT have any points. It's an infraction, not a moving violation. And, I've never written a "BS" ticket for tint, tag lights, etc. unless I got an attitude problem. Attitude goes a long way with me and most other officers.

Thats awesome dude, your judgement of someones attitude can be the basis of whether or not you give them a ticket. So if you are in a bad mood and someone might be acting completely normal but they for some reason set you off, you'll give em a ticket. That is a horrible way to go about giving out tickets. My "attitude" is the reason I got one, but the fact is I just got some piggler who was riding his high horse of author-i-tay and thought I was being a smartass when I was being myself and nothing more.

I've been pulled over by officer kelly of LMPD before for my tint and only my tint. He attempted to write me a ticket for it, I told him you can't just pull me over for having dark tint, it is a secondary offense. He called in to his superior and told him to let me go, all I got was a warning. I wasn't speeding, wasn't driving like an ***, just sitting at a red light on my way to the gym.

It's cops like the one that pulled me over that made me choose a different career path. I don't want to be associated with asshats like that and automatically have a target on my back because douchebag cops like that give the rest of them a bad name. Yea I could bust my *** and know that I do a great job myself but it would always be overshadowed by what the bad cops do and I'm sure they push a lot of other people away from pursuing that career.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah damn, meant to type something like "unless i GET an attitude problem FROM THEM". Sorry about the confusion. I have never given a ticket Because "I" was having a bad day.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
It's cops like the one that pulled me over that made me choose a different career path. I don't want to be associated with asshats like that and automatically have a target on my back because douchebag cops like that give the rest of them a bad name. Yea I could bust my *** and know that I do a great job myself but it would always be overshadowed by what the bad cops do and I'm sure they push a lot of other people away from pursuing that career.
Funny thing is that I'm now looking into law school. Looks like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place for "*******" jobs . I don't even care about what people think anymore. I go out and do my job honestly and go home and turn off "cop mode". My policy is "not everyone has to go to jail". I can't tell you how many minor criminal traffic offenses i've let go because the individual didn't need an arrest/criminal ticket on their record. And when someone gets pissed at me for doing my job, I know that they are pissed at the uniform and not me. I don't take it personally (you can't or you'll go insane) and it doesn't bother me.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

And I already said i dont write BS tickets. When I mean their attitude makes the difference, I mean they are already gonna get a ticket for something such as speeding, expired tag, etc. But, if I get a nice attitude from them, it might change my mind.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought a faulty equipment ticket turns into a point or two if you cant or dont fix the problem. It wasnt my car, so I didnt have that option and had to take whatever is assessed. I dont get a lot of tickets, so it didnt affect me either way, but for some reason I thought that they turned into points if you didnt fix it. Either way, I not only had to pay it, but forgot about it and had to pay late fees and lisence re-instatement. That sucked. Totally my fault, but still sucked.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Dustin....sorry to hear about this ****.

I recently talked with the sarge at LMPD for about 2 hours with my best friend. We were retarded in High School and caused serious trouble. He never believed we grew up. He does now though. Really cool guy man. Did I think he was a total dick in High School. **** yeah I did! I've grow up a lot though. We bumped into him because we were in a truck staring at Electrical Service Entrance **** behind Starbucks. He rolled up and sat there for 60 seconds to see what we would do. My buddy and I were like "**** that...let's just sit here and see what he does. We aren't doing anything illegal." When I got out of the truck I walked straight to his car and was said, "Hey man...he's just dropping me off at my car....." When I noticed it was him ....I was like...."Son of a bitch....How's it going man?" Funny how quick my attitude changed!

At least you can see that your laughing and **** got you possibly more tickets (that you can fight anyway). I parked overnight in a handicap parking spot. Sanford bike cop let me go with a 10.00 ticket yesterday. I thought I was fucked $250.00 on that one. I almost exploded, but I kept cool.

Last I heard there was a big defect in FL license cards and that you could take them to any DMV for free replacement.

On a side note....I used to think all bike cops were ********. I did get pulled over twice by the same LMPD biker dude. Once I was in a friend's POS Saturn. Doing 39 in a 25 during 3:00pm LM Elementary let out!! He let me go and I didn't even have POI. He later pulled me over in my car doing 36 in a 25 on the *** end of Country Club Rd. (Notice a trend? LOL) Traffic control device on that one.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by deejaydaze
Dustin....sorry to hear about this ****.

I recently talked with the sarge at LMPD for about 2 hours with my best friend. We were retarded in High School and caused serious trouble. He never believed we grew up. He does now though. Really cool guy man. Did I think he was a total dick in High School. **** yeah I did! I've grow up a lot though. We bumped into him because we were in a truck staring at Electrical Service Entrance **** behind Starbucks. He rolled up and sat there for 60 seconds to see what we would do. My buddy and I were like "**** that...let's just sit here and see what he does. We aren't doing anything illegal." When I got out of the truck I walked straight to his car and was said, "Hey man...he's just dropping me off at my car....." When I noticed it was him ....I was like...."Son of a bitch....How's it going man?" Funny how quick my attitude changed!

At least you can see that your laughing and **** got you possibly more tickets (that you can fight anyway). I parked overnight in a handicap parking spot. Sanford bike cop let me go with a 10.00 ticket yesterday. I thought I was fucked $250.00 on that one. I almost exploded, but I kept cool.

Last I heard there was a big defect in FL license cards and that you could take them to any DMV for free replacement.

On a side note....I used to think all bike cops were ********. I did get pulled over twice by the same LMPD biker dude. Once I was in a friend's POS Saturn. Doing 39 in a 25 during 3:00pm LM Elementary let out!! He let me go and I didn't even have POI. He later pulled me over in my car doing 36 in a 25 on the *** end of Country Club Rd. (Notice a trend? LOL) Traffic control device on that one.

Sounds like you deserved more than you got. I think what is being discussed here is being pulled over for not doing anything wrong. If I got a ticket for being an inconsiderate dumbass and parking in a handicapped zone then you deserve it. That is just wrong. Speeding in school zones?? Come on man those are real reasons for tickets.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

This happens frequently where someone misinterprets posts. It wasn't a school zone. It was near a school. And hell yeah I deserved more than I got. That doesn't mean I didn't learn a lesson.

You don't know me so don't call me an inconsiderate dumbass. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into and took the chances. The president of the HOA told me to park there. There isn't a single handicapped vehicle in the very small neighborhood and it was next to a mailbox housing.

I don't have to think about what's being discussed here. If you read the thread you'd see that someone said all bike cops are dicks in Lake Mary. If you read my story you would see that's not true. I know Dustin personally and was just shooting the breeze with him.

Relax a little bit....take it easy. I'm not here to make enemies.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry bud, I dont care if the cop himself told me to park in a handicap zone, I wouldnt. It is just dissrespectful. So you werent in a school zone, being in a 25mph zone means you were probably in a residential area. Thats a no no.

Hopefully you are right, and have learned something. There was a guy in my old neigborhood that got multiple tickets for speeding in the residential zone. He kept doing it and finally ran over an 8 year old. I now have a 9 year old and although we try to keep her out of the street, she is a bit absent minded and does stupid **** somethings. She is 9 and a girl after all. I wouldnt want her to get run over by someone that couldnt stop because they were doing 15mph over the speed limit.

I am not trying to make enemies either, but the 2 things you cited were just plain ignorant to others, not just against the law. That is a big problem these days, people dont respect others, then get mad when they are called out on it.

Dont take my post the wrong way either. I can be a little harsh sometimes when I post. No hard feelings. Sorry. I would probably tell you the same thing in person, but it wouldnt be taken so harshly.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Don't worry bro...I'm the best driver in the world ...especially when it's a 25mph zone.

Just kidding...Man I'm 29 years old and I act like I'm 50 if you knew me.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
Do you suppose I looked like a threat in my grey Dodge Caravan with my daughter's cheer squad logo on the back, non tinted windows?

The cops in my area are all cool, and I have never been pulled over or stopped except for once - and my car is obnoxiously loud, lopy, and very dark tint. I actually have gotten a couple waves and thumbs up from more then one cop around here.

The time I did get pulled over was for doing ~90 on I4 at like 11pm, and I only got a warning. He tailgated me for a bit, and without me realizing it was a cop I changed lanes - too tired and beat to worry about what I thought was some punk trying to race. When he pulled behind me again and lit up I thought I was screwed, but only got a warning because besides being polite, he was surprised I changed lanes instead of flooring it - which I am sure was his intention to get me even worst. Since the roads were pretty clear, it was late, and I was just headed home after work he let me off with just a warning. If I had gotten an attitude he could have easily ruined my night w/ tickets for loud exhaust, dark tint, speeding, and any other silly little thing he could think of. Can't say it would be wrong of him too, legal is legal and thats his job.

A little courtesy goes a long way!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Teching In

One of my best friends is law enforcement and he's the only one I respect -- the rest are pigs OINK OINK... I've been conditioned to be rude, unhelpful, and condescending to them -- F them the ******* *****.