Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

12 Hours of Sebring! Who is going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 Hours of Sebring! Who is going?

I'll be down there from the 11th-16th. I've been going ever year since I was around 4 years old. We are at spots 7 and 8 at turn 12. R.P.M Racing and Camp F-This.

Hopefully the Vettes have some competition this year so they'll be better prepped for Le Mans. I would love to see the Pukegot vs. Audi in P1 and see the P2 Acuras and Porsches battle it out and maybe Mazder.

Don't forget LG Motorsports is going to sport a C6 Z06 in GT2 this year too!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

def want to go dustin.. when is it again ?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

More info?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

http://sebringraceway.com/tickets_sebring.lasso

Not going to the race, but I'll be particpiating in a HPDE on the exact same course with Jeff on April 12th. Mini-Prix is the following day in Gainesville.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

If you have a student ID tickets are usually 40% of actuall ticket price and thats for all four days. last year they were $35 a piece with a student ID.

It's March 12th-15th. Jim posted the link to the raceway. Americanlemans.com has some info. Planetlemans.com has info on cars and such.

We'll have a huge camp setup. Anyone is welcome to come by and hang out. One side is my family uncles, cousins, relatives in some sort that are old grumpy and drink and talk like dirty sailors but are funny as hell. Other part of camp is my friends and I and lots of partying. Always had a dreaming of racing in the 12 hour race, but I think partying in the infield would always be way better

I've got to boot up my old pc and i'll post up some pics. It's a blast, it's like nothing else you've experienced, it's cold beer, good food, fast cars, women, women, cars, beer, and cars.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimMueller
http://sebringraceway.com/tickets_sebring.lasso

Not going to the race, but I'll be particpiating in a HPDE on the exact same course with Jeff on April 12th. Mini-Prix is the following day in Gainesville.
would i be able to participate in this Jim? And I doubt I'll be running any martin events anymore I'm totally opposed to the new rules to run and be a member. My car should be done by then. sixspeedsinc sent my tranny with an inferior freight company and we've been waiting for a month or so now for it to get here. lead time was umm 3-4 days....
Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Are you talking about the HPDE or the Mini-Prix? For the HPDE, the best you can do is get on the waiting list at Chinmotorsports.com, or wait for the next event registration to open. The novice list for both days was filled within about 20 minutes of the registration being opened.

If you're asking about the MSCC Mini-Prix, sure you can participate. I think the cost is going up $5/person regardless of membership due to increased cost for renting the track. The cap will at least be increased if not lifted for the Mini-Prix events because there's more space, etc. However, my understanding is that non-members will still need to pre-register, and novices are still not accepted at this event due to previous repeated safety issues with novices. So if you want to attend, start checking the http://www.martinsportscarclub.net/event_info link daily beginning the evening of 3/9/08 to get pre-registered.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what days I will be there but either Weds or Thurs working for the GT team I tune for till at least Friday. Not sure if I am heading to Gainesville this year yet or not.

Jim, how are the new headers treating you so far?

DirtyBird222, bummer on the tranny. Still here when you are ready.

Later All.

Mike Norris
Old 02-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
Not sure what days I will be there but either Weds or Thurs working for the GT team I tune for till at least Friday. Not sure if I am heading to Gainesville this year yet or not.

Jim, how are the new headers treating you so far?

DirtyBird222, bummer on the tranny. Still here when you are ready.

Later All.

Mike Norris
Jim I was talking about HPDE. Maybe I'll head to the Mini-Prix, but other than that I will prolly just run at the SCCA events.

Mike, as soon as the tranny is on and it as well as the clutch are broken in, the car will be heading to your shop! And while you are at the track you are welcome to stop by our camp and pick up some food and drinks.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Mike, I left you voicemail and e-mail... the VM regarding a possible y-pipe adjustment and the email regarding something else I wanted to bounce off of you.

Dustin, what's this E46 retrofit thing you have in your sig?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Any room for my tent in your area? The white and red Colman from the Rolex. Would like to go for the long haul, always heard the stories from friends about the partying.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

I may be heading up there as well, will probably drive up with my dad early saturday, watch the race, then head back down to Miami after. I was able to convince him to go after i told him they have a special parking for corvettes in the corvette corral.
-Joel
Old 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

2000hawk- you have to buy special tickets to park your vette in the corvette coral. I've tried convincing them to let me park in there with my T/A since it is "Corvette Powered" but the Vette ***** didn't like that too much lol-even with Vette Corral tickets. I got my money refunded however.

Keith- here is a google earth image of where we are at. rough guestimate but the red area is where my friends and i park and camp. I have a huge car port canopy tent I set up. Either for tables and random stuff, my car (which will be in sebring, but not at the track getting true duals done while there ) Or setup a tent under in case it rains. So yea there is plenty of room. We get there at the *** crack of dawn on wednesday to ensure that we have enough space. We rope it off and park cars in akward spots so we have room for everyone.

Jim - I need to change that, but I was retrofitting E46 projectors into my car. Was turning out to be a big pain in the *** so I opted for Hella 90mm sealed projectors. Driving with a proper HID setup > any halogen bulb!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah i know its a special ticket, i believe its like $230 for the both of us to park there or something like that. If i was going with a large group of people i would do something like what your doing, but since its only me and my dad were just going to take advantage of the corvette corral.
-Joel
Old 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
FormerVendor

I will get with you when it gets closer.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned

bumping this since the festivities start in a week
Old 03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will be there! I only live 15 min from the track...lol
Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Its going to be awesome, my first time at Sebring, and my first 12 Hours. Im not going to be able to sleep at all the night before, i am so psyched at seeing the C6.R. Good Luck to the guys over at LG, show the other teams what happens when the Corvettes get some competition. Im hoping for a Corvette to be crowned champion at the end of the year in GT1 & GT2.
-Joel
Old 03-05-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Every year that i have gone i end up not even watching the race...lol
Old 03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by speedy02
Every year that i have gone i end up not even watching the race...lol
I kick my *** the three days before the race drinking that the day of the 12 hour race I'm pretty sober (hungover).

Speedy you goin for all four days?

Quick Reply: 12 Hours of Sebring! Who is going?