Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The 2008 College Football Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009 | 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think that the wrong QB got the Heisman this year.
Old 01-09-2009 | 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by yellowbird1232
What he^ said. Not a 1st round pick my ***!
Old 01-09-2009 | 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

actually not as many haters in here as i thought. I guess Atlas is the only expert in the world.

Atlas, how does it feel to be so right/such an expert, yet be so wrong so often? must break your heart that your bandwagon *** (WVU and FSU plus throw in a little Utah and USC wagonwheels) keeps having to pay up.

as for contributing to this site, listen wagonwheels - you have no clue so shut your mouth. glad you won your poorboy/bum "give me free ****" contest. show me a post you have positively contributed to this site other than begging for free **** (advertising for another board) or arguing with people in a college football thread.......

now look for a handout somewhere else and leave this thread to those that dont hate on winners.
Old 01-09-2009 | 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

you know i am a gator diehard - but Bradford was incredible last night. his decision making and accuracy as well as handling pressure were top notch. i just think Tebow is a better model for overall college athletics.
Old 01-09-2009 | 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with Gator. Bradford is a better player than Tebow in the traditional concept of the quarterback position, and has had a great year. But I beleive Tebow is an overall better play and athlete. Given a chance to choose between the two, Tebow gets my pick anyday. The heisman went to the right person this year IMO.

Atlas, I think it's time to get over it. You've been hoping/dreaming for the demise of the Gators all year, and have been wrong most of the time. They got into the BCS national championship game and won it. They are the national champions whether you like it or not. Yes Utah is a good team with an undefeated record, and beat 'bama in a bowl game. And yes, USC is a good team with only one loss and the best defense in the nation statistically. And yes, the Pac-10 showed up to play in bowl games this year. But it doesn't matter, UF won it in the system that is currently used. Just like EVERY year, there is fuel to use in debate of a playoff v. bcs system. At least this year it was two top notch teams playing, unlike a good team v. an over-hyped average team matchup we've seen the previous two years.
Old 01-09-2009 | 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA

Atlas, how does it feel to be so right/such an expert, yet be so wrong so often? must break your heart that your bandwagon *** (WVU and FSU plus throw in a little Utah and USC wagonwheels) keeps having to pay up.

as for contributing to this site, listen wagonwheels - you have no clue so shut your mouth. glad you won your poorboy/bum "give me free ****" contest. show me a post you have positively contributed to this site other than begging for free **** (advertising for another board) or arguing with people in a college football thread.......

now look for a handout somewhere else and leave this thread to those that dont hate on winners.
i dont claim to be an expert at all... and i said the Gators would win you retard... and i dont give a crap about whether or not i have contributed to this site, b/c i seriously doubt every single one of your 9000+ posts has brought something of value to this site... and how am i a bandwagoner??? seriously wtf?? i stuck by WVU all year, and am only making a claim for Utah to be the National Champs, which they rightfully have... yes i was wrong about UF in the regular season, but i didnt know the SEC and FSU, were going to play that weakly this year... cheers...
Old 01-09-2009 | 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

im sorry mark, but tebow played like **** in this game... UF won b/c their defense stepped it up when it needed to and b/c harvin is the best player in the country...
Old 01-09-2009 | 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
i guess all your stats and your incredible ability to explain all your coulda -woulda -shoulda bullshit is what cost you that $100, right? just face it bro, your just like all the other haters. maybe they should put you in charge of the bcs. that way there would never be a reason to play any games. you could pre-determine all the outcomes based on your gift of seeing the future.

maybe we can even get one of the mods to change your tech name from atlas to the oracle. you could even start your own thread and members could post up and get you to tell them what is going to happen on a particular day at a specific time. hell, i'll even go as far as to ask you for your first "vision" here on ls1tech. ready? here ya go..... what am i going to say in my next post??
i dunno, but i know you are an *******, and hopefully you spent my $100 well... and honestly, what you said is the point: the national champions ARE NOT decided on the field, it is decided by a system that is far too subjective and objective... im not hating on the Gators for winning a National Championship, im hating on the SYSTEM... but half of your retard fans think its a personal attack... oh and stats don't lie... UF was better statistically in every facet of the game(they trailed slightly in offense, but dominated everything else), and look they won, LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD... some of you ***** need to get over yourselves, and even more of you know absolutely nothing about football, at all...
Old 01-09-2009 | 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS
im sorry mark, but tebow played like **** in this game... UF won b/c their defense stepped it up when it needed to and b/c harvin is the best player in the country...
so 231 yards of passing, 109 yards of rushing against the number one team in the country ......and most importantly a team leader that lead his guys down the field never giving up.

if pat white had those numbers, you would put the guy up on a pedestal.
Old 01-09-2009 | 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

so 231 yards of passing, 109 yards of rushing against the number one team in the country ......and most importantly a team leader that lead his guys down the field never giving up.

if pat white had those numbers, you would put the guy up on a pedestal.
PW put up 327 total yards (151 rushing) and two TD's last year against pretty much the same team... and speaking of leaders, PW is 4-0 in bowl games, no one is a better leader than PW, no one...
Old 01-09-2009 | 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

you avoided my true reply. ignore the pat white stuff this time.

i want to see your reply. so again, i ask you, do you really feel that Tebow "played like ****" with 231 yards of passing, 109 yards of rushing against the number one team in the country ......and most importantly a team leader that lead his guys down the field never giving up.

btw 327 < 340
Old 01-09-2009 | 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Saint Tebow can do anything. He's the reason Florida won. He carried his team. He's a missionary, he has been to a leper colony, he has performed surgerys on children in 3rd world countries, and he can fart in the bath tub and eat the bubbles! OKAY, I get it. He's a good person, and good football player. THE END.

Seriously, I had to change my shirt during the 2nd half about a dozen times from uncontrollable vomiting. He's a good player, yeah, but gimme a damn break. If he didn't have the rest of his team and a great running back in Harvin the game would have been a different story. OU shot themselves in the foot, many chances to win it and didn't capitalize. The media makes it sound like you could get a squad of sandlot guys and beat anyone in the country because of Tebow. And in good respect to Saint Tebow, I submit this for all you gator fans to worship. Enjoy chompers.

Now say it with me in unison...

Our Tebow, on Earth, hallowed be thy name, thy national championships come, they will be done, on the field as it is in the minds of Fox. Give Fox this day, its new hero, and forgive the people, as we forget that pride is a sin. And lead us not into modesty, but give us pride, for that is the Tebow, and the hubris, that we worship. Amen.

Last edited by Photochop; 01-09-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2009 | 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

you avoided my true reply. ignore the pat white stuff this time.

i want to see your reply. so again, i ask you, do you really feel that Tebow "played like ****" with 231 yards of passing, 109 yards of rushing against the number one team in the country ......and most importantly a team leader that lead his guys down the field never giving up.

btw 327 < 340
technically, if i avoided anything, it was your question...

Harvin was the best player in that game... 14 touches 174 yards and countless huge plays when the gators needed it... tebow got bailed out by his defense twice... oh and btw, WVU is 41-9 in PW's 4 years as a starter (PW is technically 35-5, since he missed some games b/c of injuries), and so far UF is 22-5 with tebow as the starter... oh and btw: 48>24...
Old 01-09-2009 | 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Florida won because of a team effort IMO. Bradford is a skilled QB. To me it seemed that when the pressure came he did not hold up as well. Tebow is the QB and team leader and filled both positions well. When Florida needed the extra effort he was there, wether it was doing it himself or motivating his teammates. I thought that the Heisman was for the best college football player not the position played.
Old 01-09-2009 | 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Florida won because of a team effort IMO. Bradford is a skilled QB. To me it seemed that when the pressure came he did not hold up as well. Tebow is the QB and team leader and filled both positions well. When Florida needed the extra effort he was there, wether it was doing it himself or motivating his teammates. I thought that the Heisman was for the best college football player not the position played.
if it went to the best overall player, Harvin would have won it...
Old 01-09-2009 | 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

way to go off on a tangent instead of replying to being called out on your BS.

lol @ "Played like ****" - you bring nothing to the table clown shoes. i am sure you will reply b/c you have nothing else to do other than talk about Pat White in a Florida forum, but hey, its your choice. thumbs down on your ignorant comment without being able to back it up....all b/c you dont respect the BCS Champs!
Old 01-09-2009 | 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

i thought Harvin shoulda been MVP, he had 14 touches for 171 yds and scored, those are some gaudy stats, not to mention the huge field position changing plays when florida was pinned deep, Harvin was the difference maker i thought
Old 01-09-2009 | 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

so 231 yards of passing, 109 yards of rushing against the number one team in the country .......
yeah but they had the number 68 defense so tebow prolly shoulda had better stats
Old 01-09-2009 | 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

way to go off on a tangent instead of replying to being called out on your BS.

lol @ "Played like ****" - you bring nothing to the table clown shoes. i am sure you will reply b/c you have nothing else to do other than talk about Pat White in a Florida forum, but hey, its your choice. thumbs down on your ignorant comment without being able to back it up....all b/c you dont respect the BCS Champs!
i did reply, you are just too retarded to understand... but i will say it again to make sure this time... b/c tebow got bailed out by his defense twice after throwing two horrible interceptions,
HARVIN SHOULD HAVE WON THE MVP FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...

and one of you brought up WVU and PW, i am just defending him... you sir, are a dumbass...
Old 01-09-2009 | 04:00 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Photochop
Saint Tebow can do anything. He's the reason Florida won. He carried his team. He's a missionary, he has been to a leper colony, he has performed surgerys on children in 3rd world countries, and he can fart in the bath tub and eat the bubbles! OKAY, I get it. He's a good person, and good football player. THE END.

Seriously, I had to change my shirt during the 2nd half about a dozen times from uncontrollable vomiting. He's a good player, yeah, but gimme a damn break. If he didn't have the rest of his team and a great running back in Harvin the game would have been a different story. OU shot themselves in the foot, many chances to win it and didn't capitalize. The media makes it sound like you could get a squad of sandlot guys and beat anyone in the country because of Tebow. And in good respect to Saint Tebow, I submit this for all you gator fans to worship. Enjoy chompers.
are you related to the great atlastbss, aka the oracle? (btw... tbss now = The Bull **** Slinger)

if i were you, i would worry a little bit more about how your coach went for it on 4th 2 times when he should have taken the easy points. maybe you guys should get him a sweater-vest so he can fit in with the other guy who just couldnt get-er-done. maybe if your sooners practice real hard, eat all their veggies and say their prayers they might do better next time. until then tho, i think you guys should change your name to the oklahoma laters. sooners just dosent seem to fit anymore. oh, and by the way, thats Mr. Tebow to you.