Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MTI Racing's LS1 F-body Magnacharger system now available for mail-order

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The MTI kit is intercooled as well, but the LMSpeed kit includes a TB and the MTI kit doesn't.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I think this is the kit they were trying to sell several months about but gave no real info on it.

If it's the same thing as the LM kit I don't see why they made it.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99mongooSS
the k member drops I work at a performance shop playing with tube kmembers all day long if you space the kmember the member drops and the camber angle changes but the ride hieght stays the same
Does it add, or reduce camber?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I think this is the kit they were trying to sell several months about but gave no real info on it.

looks like the lack of info is still prominent
Old 12-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned

Wow! Alot of responses and questions in one business day. Yesterday was extremely busy here at the shop so I wasn't able to respond.

Alot of the questions that are being asked are answered on our website. This is a link directly to our supercharger page.
http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick...argerkits.html

On that page there is also a link to track video of our MP112 powered LS1 camaro and the dynograph of our stock 2001 SS camaro with only our MP112 kit bolted on

The Frequently asked Questions page also answers alot of questions.
http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick...argerfaqp.html

I'll answer your questions so far.

2002camaroSS Is this the same mti that was around a long time ago? Cause your website doesnt work anymore. I didnt know if you guys were still in buisness
-There used to be a company with a similar name in Houston. They were not affiliated with us. We are in GA and have been in business for over 15 years.

LilJayV10 I think this is the kit they were trying to sell several months about but gave no real info on it.

This is the same kit we have been installing in-house and we are now offering for the first time as a mail-order.

The only similarity of our maggie kit to the LM kit is that it's a maggie kit designed for an f-body. The cable system, power output, charger snout, fit and finish, and numerous other characteristics of our design are different than thiers.

farmdawg The MTI kit is intercooled as well, but the LMSpeed kit includes a TB and the MTI kit doesn't.
Our system does require a 90mm throttle body. It is not included in the kit because most camaro owners with modifications already have this upgrade. If you do not already have one, we have these available as well.

If you have other questions which I have not addressed or are not addressed on our F.A.Q. page please submit them here. I will monitor this thread and respond as quickly as I can.

Last edited by JC@MTI Racing; 12-31-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Teching In

For even more power you just add a smaller pulley?
Old 12-31-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

good point on the tb. bad for people that need it though.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boysiner
For even more power you just add a smaller pulley?
We use an overdrive crankshaft damper which raises boost from 7.5-8lbs up to 10.5-11lbs
Old 12-31-2008, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Will this setup work on the LSX block. I would love to put one on a 427 or 454 LSX.

I know you said LS1. I am getting ready to build an LSX and was going to go all motor but love these style blowers.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

what about belt slip when running higher boost?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dads toy
Will this setup work on the LSX block. I would love to put one on a 427 or 454 LSX.

I know you said LS1. I am getting ready to build an LSX and was going to go all motor but love these style blowers.
You'd need a much bigger blower to make much psi on that many cubes. Plus of course cathedral post heads.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Any pics of how the intercooler works? I am wondering if going this route would be easier than a turbo. I have often thought of selling my Firehawk for a 03-04 Cobra. The sound is what puts a smile on my face.

Is this similar to the blower on the 03-04 Cobras?

I have read other threads that chargers that sit on top of the engine get hot and raise IAT's.

Is there a blow off valve and or clutch so when you let off the gas the blower doesn't load up?

The power numbers look pretty good. I think you should put some headers and good exhaust on it and see what it picks up.

The video on the MTI website with the blown Z06 is one of the sickest cars I have ever seen.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

This blower is way too small for anything, but stock cube ls1 motors runing up to only 11 lbs of boost and less with ported heads and intake and cam and exhaust. I will take a guess that the unit is maxed around 580 rwhp. Might be lucky to peg 600 rwhp. The nice thing is the torque curve.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

I've seen overdriven 112s make 620rwhp on a 6.0L GTO. That's about it.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99mongooSS
the k member drops I work at a performance shop playing with tube kmembers all day long if you space the kmember the member drops and the camber angle changes but the ride hieght stays the same
Thank you!!! There is no way spacing the k-member will raise the body. So I guess it does MAGICALLY lower..
Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Apparently you're not waiting to ask MTI. The LMSpeed kit raises the body. To lower the k-member, it'll have to change mount points or as you said, totally screw up the camber. The magic of reality means you can't just take anybody's word for it. Even if he works at "a speed shop".
Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Launching!

Any pics of how the intercooler works? I am wondering if going this route would be easier than a turbo. I have often thought of selling my Firehawk for a 03-04 Cobra. The sound is what puts a smile on my face.

Is this similar to the blower on the 03-04 Cobras?

I have read other threads that chargers that sit on top of the engine get hot and raise IAT's.

Is there a blow off valve and or clutch so when you let off the gas the blower doesn't load up?

The power numbers look pretty good. I think you should put some headers and good exhaust on it and see what it picks up.

The video on the MTI website with the blown Z06 is one of the sickest cars I have ever seen.

The intercooler is air to water with two 5/8" heater hoses basically that come from the back of the engine to the front to run the water through the heat exchanger that sits in front of the a/c condensor.

There is an internal bypass valve that keeps the blower free-wheeling until the throttle get stabbed and the vac canister closes the valve to create boost so you won't be getting into boost cruising around town or idling in traffic.

The blower does create a lot of heat sitting on top of the engine and does affect your IAT's some, but a good tuner knows how to tune around it.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

I guess using meth is a good idea?

I am using stock short block so around 550 is going to be my "safe" limit
Old 01-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Banned

I guess using meth is a good idea?

I am using stock short block so around 550 is going to be my "safe" limit
Apparently meth is not a good idea, neither is nitrous, both are oxidizers and can eventually damage the aluminum intercooler which is located just under the blower and above the baseplate.

An intercooler failure in this setup will result in coolant entering the head ports.

I have one of these blowers ready to install from LMspeed, just waiting on the rest of the kit to be shipped.

The MP112 setups do max out fairly early and will not give the peak numbers that alot of the other FI setups will give that alot are looking for. The off idle torque is insane though and they're reliable setups. Good for light to light racing and tire smoke shows. Exellent street and strip setups.

Decreasing the pulley size on the blower just results in belt slip and the intercooler becomes inefficient at higher boost levels no matter how big of a heat exchanger you put on.

This is what I hear though

Last edited by joblo1978; 01-02-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

To obtain optimum efficiency, when mating a positive displacement supercharger to an engine, the goal is to choose the smallest supercharger that will provide the boost you want to make. This is a quote from Jerry Magnuson "Run the smallest supercharger that will provide your target boost level. It will be more responsive (make boost sooner) and will require less horsepower to drive.” Just as N4cer said, the MP112 is not large enough to create enough boost on larger displacement engines like the LSX 427 or 454

Originally Posted by BLAKE 01 WS6
what about belt slip when running higher boost?
We have a 1994 camaro in which we installed an LS1 engine and our MP112 system. We use this camaro as a track car and run the overdrive crank pulley creating around 10.5lbs of boost. We have not observed any belt slippage. An upgrade to an 8-rib belt is always an option.

We purposely posted the dyno numbers of our stock camaro with no other mods so that it was clear that the added power was directly from the MP112. Maggie's respond very well to mods and react to to these mods much like an NA set-up. For instance when choosing a cam, unlike with a centrifugal blower, it is not neccassry to limit yourself to a blower specific cam.

Originally Posted by 52172
This blower is way too small for anything, but stock cube ls1 motors runing up to only 11 lbs of boost and less with ported heads and intake and cam and exhaust. I will take a guess that the unit is maxed around 580 rwhp. Might be lucky to peg 600 rwhp. The nice thing is the torque curve.
I agree that the maggie supercharger is not designed for peak hp numbers and 600rw is probably the most you will see. The great thing about this system is power under the curve. Most driving occurs between 3000-4000 rpms and this is where the maggie shines. Peak or high rpm horsepower looks great on a dynograph, but on the street low end torque is what matters.

Last edited by JC@MTI Racing; 01-05-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Quick Reply: MTI Racing's LS1 F-body Magnacharger system now available for mail-order