Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI Pin Kit, ATI Dampner Help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ATI Pin Kit, ATI Dampner Help.

I will be installing a brand new ATI Harmonic Balancer along with my new Procharger Kit, I am just waiting on the balancer and spring tensioner to get here.

I had a Procharger kit before along with my old ATI Harmonic Balancer that was pinned. I just want to confirm the correct way to pin the crank and balancer because I may have been told incorrect information the first time.

On the first kit I used the ATI pin kit and drilled the crank without the ATI balancer installed. I then installed the ATI balancer and lined up the square key way of balancer with the half moon key way that I drilled on the crank and installed the pin.

How do I go about installing everything this time around considering I already have the half moon key way drilled out on the crank?

Do I install the ATI balancer and line everything up the old way, no drilling?

Do I install the ATI balancer and drill both the balancer and crank?

Also, what bolt do I use for the ATI Dampner?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just line up the key way with your previous pin and install the balancer. No need to redrill or pin.
As for a bolt if you can afford it go with the ARP balancer bolt 234-2503. If not a new stock OEM bolt will work fine.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
Just line up the key way with your previous pin and install the balancer. No need to redrill or pin.
As for a bolt if you can afford it go with the ARP balancer bolt 234-2503. If not a new stock OEM bolt will work fine.
Agree^^^^^^ Install a key in your crank, line it up with the key way in the balancer and press it on. Much easier than drilling.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
So its ok that the crank was drilled for a dowel pin and the harmonic balancer has the square key way.

Also, I used the pin kit that you drill from the front that drills a portion of the crank and balancer, a half circle in each.

If I wanted to install another pin at 180* from the orginal, can I drill the ATI Balancer?

Where can I get additional pins from and what size?

Thanks,
Old 01-25-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MstgKillr
So its ok that the crank was drilled for a dowel pin and the harmonic balancer has the square key way.

Also, I used the pin kit that you drill from the front that drills a portion of the crank and balancer, a half circle in each.

If I wanted to install another pin at 180* from the orginal, can I drill the ATI Balancer?

Where can I get additional pins from and what size?

Thanks,

Hold on, the ATI pinning kit drills vertically from the top, not horizontally from the front.

So I understand correctly, you have an ATI balancer today with a single square key way as it comes from ATI. Your crank has been drilled previously from the front, which is NOT an ATI pinning kit, and the crank has a single round half moon key way.

Is this correct?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
Hold on, the ATI pinning kit drills vertically from the top, not horizontally from the front.

So I understand correctly, you have an ATI balancer today with a single square key way as it comes from ATI. Your crank has been drilled previously from the front, which is NOT an ATI pinning kit, and the crank has a single round half moon key way.

Is this correct?
Exactly.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MstgKillr
Exactly.
Okay, do you have an ATI vertical pinning kit? If so, you need to drill the crank using this kit on the opposite side of the existing 'half moon' in the crank.

If you don't have an ATI pinning kit, you need one.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The procharger pin kit drills from the front, the ATI (balancer company) drills from the side so you can use the square key i the ATI hub.

I have an ATI hub that has been opened up for the round procharger dowel, you can do that or buy the pin kit for the ATI balancer.

I have an ATI hub that has been modified to work with a round procharger key if you want to trade for yours, I have a square keyway in the new crank and cant use it
Old 11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default a shame

that this thread ended. since we cant use the square keyway with the half moon shape.....doesn't that mean that we should be drilling the hub with the ATI front pinning kit. ATI makes two pinning kits btw. side and front. side is easier.

Quick Reply: ATI Pin Kit, ATI Dampner Help.