Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dyno'd my 408 Camaro with TTi T76 Street Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigturboz28
1. Check for fouled spark plugs.
2. Set gap low (try 0.025") then move up until it starts blowing out under boost.
3. Replace valve springs with Patroit Dual Xtreme.
4. Monitor Backpressure or Get Turbo Specs (eg.A/R).
5. Look at drive line.
I think we have a winner!!!

get some better valvetrain parts on that bitch ASAP!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Working up a parts list now to start upgrading my build:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...arts-list.html

Thinking about just putting on some new heads with dual springs since I'm still running stock 98 (307 casting?) heads.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by elias_799
i dont think you where listening when people where telling you that the type of turbo kit you have will make allot of back pressure even more with an 88. but don't worry i have a solution for you. you know the logger manifold you have on the left side where the alternator used to be, get a shop to fab you another one, but for the right side. sell the 76mm turbo and get two smaller ones, depending on what you power goals are. and your back pressure issue will be solved to a point. but your ac will be gone
Keep in mind your using a turbo system that was designed 10 years ago to support 450 rw (remember when that was a big number). We have made changes over the years to support more power. I had a install a few months ago where the same kit made over 650 rw. If you have a back pressure issue at just 300 rw you have issues somewhere else. Back in the day there were two kits, 60-1 and T76. The 76 kit did make 500rw in 2000. The biggest difference was the manifold primaries sizes, crossover size and intercooler ducting. I'm no longer a sponsor here so if you need any help figuring out the issues other than what the guys here have suggested give me a call. G
Old 08-22-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
There are so many mismatched parts on this build, plus without being tuned it will be real hard for anyone on here to try to "diagnose" what the issues may be.
that's the problem right there, it's got a bunch of parts that don't work together....that and reusing a converter from a trans that died is just stupid, I'm cheep but that's dumb.

you need to get a trans rebuild, new converter, heads, cam, valvetrain, intake, and a few other parts. Just because it's got two turbos and 408 cubes dosn't mean ****, with stock valve springs your gonna break somthing.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Restricted User

Did you ever get the problem figured out???

check the link in my sig (go to the last few pages) and my dyno looks similar.....

I am in the process of buying a th400 to see if it was the tranny... although the tranny shifts fine and everything...

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my 408 Camaro with TTi T76 Street Kit