Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling out APS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 John
I think a lot you you guys/gals are being a bit too harsh on Peter.

I don't think Peter ever said that we would be getting genuine Mits Turbos.

The turbos seem to have reliability problems, but it is disappointing that no one who had a bad turbo has sent it to APS to investigate. How are they supposed to improve their product if they don't see any failed units.

As for APS stopping the production of turbo kits for american cars, that is a business decision they had to make. In order for them to keep the prices low, they probably need to buy large quantities (20+) of parts. If they order parts for 20+ kits, then those parts (and the $) sits on their shelf until someone buys it. With the first couple batches, they waited until they had x amount of pre-orerders before they produced any of the kits. It probably didn't make sense for them to have all of this $ sitting on there shelves. I am pretty sure I heard a few months back that APS stopped making f-body kits. This thread confirmed that.

I don't have any regrets with my APS kit. From what I can see, all of the parts (minus the turbos) are very high quality. No has had any issues with the other parts. I feel APS knew they were not getting genuine Mits turbos, but they felt the turbos they were getting were reliable enough. The chinese manufacturer problem sent them a very well built turbo that they did there testing with, but when it came to production, the quality went down because the chinese already had the business.

I would have spent the extra $1000 for genuine Mits turbos if I was offered the option.

I have no hard feeling against APS. They offered a nice kit and they delivered. Did I expect the kit to be 100% problem free, no. We are talking about aftermarket auto parts here, how often do you get something that is 100% problem free?
Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
"The highly specialized turbochargers are based upon custom Mitsubishi gasoline spec turbochargers...."

edit. taken from MY99TAWS6's post about the turbos from the APS website

yes, we understand this, but you are missing the entire point the OP was trying to make. stopping myself short of swearing and getting out of hand here, the customer service and relations from peter and aps are absolutely horrible. any self respecting company worth their weight of the products that they sell would step up to the plate and not only answer the questions laid out in front of them, but also at the very least attempt to fix the problem.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:01 PM

I actually want one of their kits. Looks like it needs another make of turbo. I heard they do not make the 4th gen f-body kit any longer.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Any one have a link to this? It is slow today and drama filled threads make the day go by sooo fast.
The APE meltdown was priceless...
Old 08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davered00ss
I actually want one of their kits. Looks like it needs another make of turbo. I heard they do not make the 4th gen f-body kit any longer.
Not since this thread was made apparently.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Default Just a suggestion

I hope someone at APS, Peter or not, addresses these quality issues. Bad word of mouth is the venomous snake of the business world, the initial bite stings...but it's the rapidly spreading poison that can kill ya (or seriously injure an appendage).

That being said, just a couple of I'm-not-a-lawyer-so-this-is-not-legal-advice points:

1) for those looking to reproduce certain parts, please thoroughly investigate any patenting issues with regard to parts and design (if you haven't already)

2) Should anyone be considering any sort of civil action, most notably claims of misrepresentation, carefully document and securely store all web page information or messages you've received that you believe constitute this
2.5) call a real lawyer, cause I"m not one
Old 08-21-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

good read.
dear LS1tech(IB) please strip APS of their sponsor status. are you trying to look out for your members or are you only interested in making a buck like this peter d-bag who I would say does a pretty damn good job representing APS.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

knowledge is power, I too am yet another that is glad to know this kit was crap.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Thats ok as we don't have any systems and we are not prooducing any more systems,

Cheers,

Peter
This is the worst part in reading this thread. Why do you sound "happy" that you're not producing these systems anymore and you seem to take pleasure in the fact that the consumers with issues will not be able to come to you for help since you are now "out of the f body business", basically washing your hands of the situation.
why is that?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tektrans
This is the worst part in reading this thread. Why do you sound "happy" that you're not producing these systems anymore and you seem to take pleasure in the fact that the consumers with issues will not be able to come to you for help since you are now "out of the f body business", basically washing your hands of the situation.
why is that?
its the easy way out, but it's not always the right way, Karma kicks in at the most adequate time.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

It took awhile to read all this but wow what a POS company
Old 08-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bboyferal
LOL, then next time you try to say that, why don't you, UH, TRY SAYING THAT...

Instead of this rubbish:

Do you understand English? Do you understand what you wrote FAILS MISERABLY in calling to the sympathies of wronged customers? Instead, that calls to the sympathy of how tough the situation is for the turbo/performance shops, the completely opposite party in the spectrum...

This thread isn't about the tough time shops are going through... LOL. It's about what CUSTOMERS are going through.

Learn basic skills in expressing yourself through the written language. Not my fault *******.

I (or anybody else) don't have to be responsible when someone doesn't know how to communicate. That's why I posted what I posted. Carry on.
You know you can read anything into the statement you wish. Maybe what I said wasn't clear enough for you or maybe it was stated incorrectly, if so I stand corrected.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jt76
lol a shot at the old hi-flow kit? At least my friend's old 76gts turbo included with that kit never took a ****.

Upsetting to see APS dropping the ball like this.
Exactly Hi-Flo outdid APS I only paid 3150 for my full stainless hi flo with upgraded intercooler and bought a TC76 from Jz and it came complete for 4200 and I know my turbo is quality.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id like to know how much for 50 sets of manifolds.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:22 PM
8 Second Club

I sent an email for a quote on the Chinese manifolds. We will see what they say....
Old 08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been worse affects than just a damaged turbo. If someone gets injured APS is in a world of trouble. My suggestion, remedy the issue now before someone entertains the thought "class action lawsuit".
Old 08-21-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been worse affects than just a damaged turbo. If someone gets injured APS is in a world of trouble. My suggestion, remedy the issue now before someone entertains the thought "class action lawsuit".
Realistically how would someone be injured by the turbo kit??? I'm sitting here pondering that and not coming up with anything.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

the impeller can strike someone, when the turbo explodes.... thats all i got
Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Realistically how would someone be injured by the turbo kit??? I'm sitting here pondering that and not coming up with anything.
running into something after being blinded by smoke?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

I think it was funny that Peter jumped right on my question about if anyone had found out about the manifolds or intercooler.

With all the companies that have copied other peoples great designs, sway bars, intakes..etc. I really think someone should copy this kit and "change" it and put it back on the market then give shitty one line answers to Peter like he has done to his customers.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
Car at the dragstrip, impeller bearings fail and leak oil, oil on tires, car spins out you get the idea. Wouldn't necessarily have to happen at the dragstrip either.

Quick Reply: Calling out APS